PDA

View Full Version : immy moose

peashooter
10-24-2010, 09:20 PM
i happened to spy a 2 point moose in my travels this afternoon. he stayed out in the open for a solid 2 minutes. i tried calling to him but he didn't respond (i was 5 feet from my truck). just took a bit to figure me out before slipping into the timber. about 5 seconds later a guy pulls up to see what i was looking at but i told him a whitetail doe just ran across the road in front of me. i was glad he never looked down at the mud because the track was a tad big for a doe. oh the fool!!:mrgreen:

Caveman
10-24-2010, 09:36 PM
He won't go far, get back out there tomorrow, if you possess a tag.

Laurence_Erickson
10-24-2010, 09:39 PM
peashooter be there early ,A whitetail doe hmmmmm that was not a nice thing to tell me :)

peashooter
10-24-2010, 09:53 PM
i could have dumped a whole clip into him if i wanted. i have been very fortunate this year, my poor freezer couldn't handle something like that. there will be more next year. he was about maybe 50-80 yards away, clear 2 point.

trencher
10-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Pretty sure I'd have bought another freezer. But then my luck with immys isn't that good to pass one up.

peashooter
10-24-2010, 10:12 PM
more than enough meat in the cold box for this cowboy. i would have loved to take it home but i think it will serve someone else better this year. i am almost done for the year, only chickens and maybe one more mulie, if he is a pig.

mark
10-24-2010, 10:13 PM
i could have dumped a whole clip into him if i wanted. i have been very fortunate this year, my poor freezer couldn't handle something like that. there will be more next year. he was about maybe 50-80 yards away, clear 2 point.

Where abouts shooter???? or should I say exactly??? :-D

peashooter
10-24-2010, 10:24 PM
about..........the biggest watershed close by would be greyback. exactly.........near the big doe track in the mud.

Phreddy
10-26-2010, 10:42 AM
Good on you Peashooter for passing on him if you've already got a freezer full. Nothing gives us a worse name than greed. You're welcome at my campfire anytime.

peashooter
10-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Good on you Peashooter for passing on him if you've already got a freezer full. Nothing gives us a worse name than greed. You're welcome at my campfire anytime.

Thanks bud!