PDA

View Full Version : Good Day

TPB
10-24-2010, 07:37 PM
So after a rather disappointing day yesterday Sawmill decided we should go out again today and I definitely had no problem with that. After he picked me up around 7 and hitting the first FSR around 7:30 ( Still pitch ass black) we drove into one of his honey holes just when it was light enough to see well. Reaching the end of the road and seeing nothing we turned back thinking we would go somewhere else, we turned a corner and jumped a couple of whitetail does. I hopped out of the truck indecisive if i wanted a doe and took aim but decided the texas heartshot that presented itself wasn't worth it:mrgreen: Needless to say it buggered off and we hoped it would pop out on the ridge just around the bend. It then was standing broadside on the hill just staring at us, i jumped out of the truck, took aim, and pulled the trigger. Right when I shot it started to quarter away so i shot it through the ribs and out of the back of the shoulder blade hitting both lungs. I was pretty nervous walking up the hill as it would be my first shot at an animal bigger than a grouse:-D so i was praying it was either laying down or I shot a clean miss. We crested the hill and seen its white rump pointing right towards us PHEW what a relief. Thanks to Joe ( Sawmill) i got some meat in the freezer for the first time.

Later on that day i went out with a different guy looking for a moose and he ended up shooting a doe, so after we field dressed it we went out for a moose again as it was still early. We stumbled upon a a few more deer and a spike standing broadside at like 50 yards, right when i got a good shot at it a quad spooked it after driving up the road behind it. Overall an awesome day seeing tons of deer and damn near having 3 deer down. Thanks for reading

landphil
10-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Hey, good stuff! It's quite the feeling isn't it? Shooting something bigger than a grouse that is. Congrats!

sawmill
10-25-2010, 04:10 AM
here is your photo....

sawmill
10-25-2010, 05:16 AM
That was a hell of a nice shot,he only had a couple of seconds to do it.Sure a lot of fat on that deer,be some good eating there!

5 spike
10-25-2010, 05:29 AM
congrats man great storey. and it will be awesome eating.

Squirrelnuts
10-25-2010, 06:22 AM
Congrats! Seems to be a lot of hunters getting their "first" this year. Good stuff!

nano
10-25-2010, 08:44 AM
Congrats on getting your first deer!

rocksteady
10-25-2010, 09:36 AM
Congrats T.....

Probably could not get much better of a "mentor" to take you out.......Thumbs up to Sawmill...

Have you stopped shaking yet....??? Probably a sleepless night too....Adrenaline filled dreams??

TPB
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Congrats T.....

Probably could not get much better of a "mentor" to take you out.......Thumbs up to Sawmill...

Have you stopped shaking yet....??? Probably a sleepless night too....Adrenaline filled dreams??

Actually no haha i kind of lost the "feeling" real quick besides its easy to sleep when you have a belly full of tenderloins as Joe said

sawmill
10-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Guy`s a natural born shooter,would have made a good buffaloe hunter back in the day!
How were the tenderloins?Did you share:mrgreen:

d6dan
10-25-2010, 05:03 PM
Nicely done TPB and good for Sawmill for taking you out!...