PDA

View Full Version : whitetail Scrape Line

waserwolf
10-24-2010, 01:41 PM
Once again its almost time for me to focus on Whitetails.

Last season i was fortunate to shoot a nice 3X4 on his scrape line.
I know it was his scrape line, he hit it before I shot him.

Yesterday i investigated the scrape line to see if another buck will be keeping it up.
It looks like on already is, there is a fresh scrape just 10 yards from last years, however, this scrape (as well as someothers i found) does not have overhanging beanches.
I watched "Hunting Scrape Lines" by Paul Brunner a few years back, he indicated that scrapes will have overhanging braches where the deer will rub their glands on as well as nibble brach tips off, i have found this to be true on every scrpae i have seen.

My questions are; has anybody seen scrapes with no overhanging branches, has anyone shot a buck on a scrape line buck one year to have another buck maintain the same scrape line the next year?

Thanks for any input.

Good luck to alll hunters.

doubled
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Seen fence posts rubbed to almost nothing and it wasn't from cattle. Checked it every morning for six days straight and new deer tracks every day. Ran into a big bugger a few hundred yards away in my ground blind, that was a good day!!!

Steelpulse
10-24-2010, 06:00 PM
I've been hunting deer on an 650 acre island where my cabin is in Ontario and my brother and I know every year where we will find scrapes and rubs right down to the tree that it will be under and the trees that will be rubbed. Every year a new deer makes new scrapes in the same spot. Sometimes it is the same deer but we do have pictures of new deer running the same lines as different deer in previous years.

To answer your question in my experience yes I have shot deer one year on a rub or scrape line and the next year a new deer is working the same rubs and scrapes