PDA

View Full Version : Junior License

Ferenc
10-24-2010, 10:53 AM
With the hunting license year ending on March 31 of every year and my daughter turning 14 in May of 2011.... will I be able to get her a junior license if I puchase it before her birthday.

Caveman
10-24-2010, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't think so since the season doesn't start until April

Trapper
10-24-2010, 12:24 PM
You could but it would expire on her 14th birthday

Steeleco
10-24-2010, 12:37 PM
You could but it would expire on her 14th birthday

I'd agree strongly with Trapper's opinion based on:

NOTE: Youth
who wish to hunt ducks and geese outside of
designated WHDs or who wish to hunt for
any other species of game, must purchase the
appropriate licence and, if 14 years of age or
older, must complete CORE
But it's yet another one of those rules that's too open to opinion. I'd call the BCWF or Victoria to be 100% sure.

Be mindful though, if you get your daughter a youth license and then later in the summer she gets here core. She won't be able to get her own license as your not allowed 2 in the same year. Forgo the youth license and get her into a core class in the summer ready for Sept youth season.

That's what I did with my Son, it's paid off in spades!!

Ferenc
10-24-2010, 04:15 PM
I'd agree strongly with Trapper's opinion based on:

But it's yet another one of those rules that's too open to opinion. I'd call the BCWF or Victoria to be 100% sure.

Be mindful though, if you get your daughter a youth license and then later in the summer she gets here core. She won't be able to get her own license as your not allowed 2 in the same year. Forgo the youth license and get her into a core class in the summer ready for Sept youth season.

That's what I did with my Son, it's paid off in spades!!
Thanks for the info I will call Victoria,and for sure get her doing the core so next years hunting will be good to go! THANKS