PDA

View Full Version : Goat in 2-5, 2-6?

llloyd
10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Just got back from a rather unsuccessful mountain goat hunt in the rockies, want to try again next year but I'm thinking somewhere closer to home. Saw 2-5 and 2-6 have open seasons, anyone hunt these areas tell me a bit? Not looking for hot spots, just what its like. I'll be looking to buddy up with someone who knows the area next year anyways, that was my biggest mistake this year I think.

blackcreekboy
10-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Info for 2-5 will be hard to get.2-6 I have not hunted.Other side of jervis inlet I have done.I would go a little farther north.IF you drive up the squamish valley and pick the ugliest mountain on the west side load up your pack and hike to the top it will give you an idea of the effort required.There is a reason info is limited on hunting goats on the south coast.It is brutal.

chinook
10-24-2010, 01:03 PM
I spend a fair bit of time up and down Jervis througout the year and yes there are goats but access is an issue which often makes it cost prohibative. Ive not been there but Im guessing that 2-6 might be a bit easier to access. 2-12 out of Powell River may offer some decent ground and good access as well. Anyone here have any info on goats around PR?

hunter d
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
What mnts have goats in 2-5???

dhog
05-14-2011, 10:19 PM
there is goats up Jervis Inlet need a good boat to get up to them or water taxi out of Egmont. Rainy River had goats but logging chased them out haven't seen them for guite a few years now. Hope that helps

Geo.338
05-15-2011, 02:47 PM
Powell River goats are tough to access .Very thick forestation and long hikes due to deactivation .You can view goats from a few places from your vehicle or boat but getting to them is another story .I do not even bother looking until the last 2 weeks of the season .I hope for early winter conditions to push them down early .

deerslayer1234
05-15-2011, 06:14 PM
look in the regs at the no shooting mnt goats area try around there take your spoting scope and start scaning went up there last year seen about 5 or 6 last year so theres goats up there just be ready to hike and know were you can shoot and were you cant and a question can you hunt with a bow in a no shooting mnt goat area or is that mean no hunting mnt goats