PDA

View Full Version : cots

fuzzy
10-23-2010, 09:17 PM
So since having gotten married a few years ago, i have had to upgrade my camping gear, for some reason sleeping under a tarp strung off the side of a truck in a milsurp bag with a blue foam just doesnt cut it, strange woman eh?:mrgreen:

So i got a wall tent, made a stove and got a large qeen size air bed, well the air bed was a huge mistake, even with 3 wool blankets and sleeping bag underneath us we were cold. i want to get a double cot, doesnt have to be huge for its ok to be a little snug. i cant find one anywear. if there isnt anything commercially available has anyone made one up for themselves and the missus? any suggestions are welcome.

thanks

fuzzy

Chuck
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Cabelas has a nice looking double for about $280, but it comes with its own tentover. I'm not sure if it's removable or not, and the whole thing is about 56 pounds.

fuzzy
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
yes i have seen that tent cot from cabelas and it is not what i am looking for.

thanks
fuzzy

BimmerBob
10-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Cabelas XL Outfitter cot is 40" wide and 80" long so it will do two in a squeeze and it's always nice to get close to your sweetie!

fuzzy
10-24-2010, 02:36 PM
40 inches would still be a bit more of a squeeze than i would like, i would think that 48 inches would be the minimum for us and 54 much better

thanks for the reply's

fuzzy

mountainman
10-25-2010, 07:31 PM
Have you thought about buying 2 and having them sewed together? I have never seen a cot that large. Might not get the weight rating is the problem.

mark
10-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Use the frame the air bed came with....put 2 sheets of 3'x6' plywood on it, then a big thick foamy! Cozy a heck, the wife loves it!

Awishanew
10-26-2010, 07:59 AM
I have seen a homemade bed made with a headboard and footboard from Sallyann. Side rails of 1x6 with a 2x4 screwed on the inside. The bottom of the bed was thin wooden slats stapled to 3 strips of belting. The bed was 48 inches wide and just put two foamies down. The whole thing was easy to set up and take down as it all broke down in pieces.