PDA

View Full Version : Field Training Workshop

Kasomor
10-23-2010, 07:36 PM
ANNE EVERETT- TWO DAY WORKSHOP

HOW TO EFFECTIVELY UTILIZE DRILLS IN FIELD TRAINING

May 7 & 8, 2011

Welcome to a workshop designed to show you the trainer how to successfully incorporate marking and handling drills into your training program. Whether a novice or a seasoned trainer, drills are a vital often overlooked part of field training programs. During this workshop we will cover drills designed to improve marking and teach multiple marking skills, as well as drills designed to teach and advance dogs towards a handling standard. You will have many opportunities to run your dog on various drills over the two days and develop a plan to help you reach your training goals. Seminar will be participant driven

Anne Everett owns and operates Heads Up Kennels in Merville, BC, where she trains and breeds working Golden Retrievers. Anne has earned over 100 Master passes on 12 different dogs, 6 WCX titles, 6 UKC HRCH's, 6 UKC UH’s, as well as Qualifying field trial wins and Open placements with her dogs.. She has titled 4 Grand Master Hunters in Canada, as well as 10 Master Hunters and a number of Junior and Senior dogs. Anne is a licensed WCX, Hunt Test and Field Trial judge in Canada. Anne has also earned CKC OTCH titles on two dogs and has numerous High In Trials in the Obedience Ring. She earned the first OTCH-MH title combination on a Golden Retriever in Canada.

Anne's methods focus on teaching and motivating, together with fairly applied corrections. She specializes in training puppies and young dogs. Anne recognizes that each dog is different and may require a slightly different training approach. Her methods have a proven track record with a diverse number of breeds including Golden and Labrador Retrievers, Standard Poodles, Flat-Coated Retrievers and Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retrievers

Workshop will be held at:
TNT Kennels
27624 Watson Road
Aldergrove BC
Saturday and Sunday May 7 & 8, 2011
Saturday 9 am – 5 pm Sunday 9am – 4 pm

WORKING HANDLERS. ONE DOG PER HANDLER- $230 (limited to 15 working handlers)

AUDITING – NO DOG- $155.

No refunds after March 10, 2011, unless there is a waiting list and your spot can be filled.

WORKING DOGS MUST HAVE A RELIABLE RETRIEVE TO HAND AND
GOOD OBEDIENCE SKILLS.
FETCH AND HOLD COMMANDS WILL NOT BE COVERED IN THIS WORKSHOP.

This is a working clinic! Please bring your dog if you have registered for a working spot, lunch / water, chair, walkie-talkie, umbrella / shade shelter and rain gear if needed.

ALL PROFITS FROM THIS WORKSHOP WILL BE USED AS
“SEED MONEY” TOWARDS STARTING A HUNTING RETRIEVER CLUB (HRC) IN THE LOWER MAINLAND OF B.C.

For registration and/ or more information contact Linda at kasomor@shaw.ca (kasomor@shaw.ca)

DON’T BE DISAPPOINTED! PLEASE REGISTER EARLY AS SPACE IS LIMITED!

Marc
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Kasomor,

Thanks for clearing this through me before posting it up.

I've known Anne Everett for a couple of years now and this Lady knows her stuff. I was part of the retriever club a couple of years ago when I had the time to participate in the training seminars. (I'm still on the phone & email list :mrgreen:) I received a lot of tips and guidance from Anne, without it Marshall wouldn't have been the same dog he is now and I owe some of that to Anne.

With the help of the club and Anne, My Chesapeake Bay Retriever "Marshall" passed 4 legs of his junior hunters with no problems before he reached the age of 1. I noticed she doesn't have any track records with Chessies. If Anne is up to the challenge, and I can work it around my schedule, I might even take my Chesapeake over to get my moneys worth as I'd like to take him to the next step and get his Senior Hunters title out of him. Just need to work on his handling.

For those of you who have working dogs but never had the resources of a club in your area you don't realize what you are missing. Yes it's field trial and Hunter test orientated but all of this can be incorporated into hunting as well. For those of you who need help with your first dog or are looking to improve your dogs skills a club like this is what you need. It also gives you a reason to do drills during the off season and it's a big social group.

Boys, did you know that 75% of the people who belong to these clubs are women! :mrgreen:

Kasomor
10-23-2010, 10:44 PM
Sorry it wasn't me who asked regarding posting this. Didn't know I needed permission. Oops :mrgreen:

Your right, Anne is great. I've had the pleasure of training with her a few times despite having the big pond between us.

My two tollers both have their Senior titles and I hunt them hard. It is folks like Anne standing behind me coaching me along the way that I have to thank for that.

What some hunters may not realize it that field training is field training... whether you hunt, test or trial. The dog training is the same until you get to the very advanced levels.

That said, this workshop fits in very nicely for hunting dogs. Besides Anne's record with her dogs, she and her hubby Bob, are hard core bird hunters as well.

Cheers,
Linda

Lots'oLabs
10-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Linda, what a great opportunity for the members of this forum. Many of them have been saying that they've wanted a seminar of this sort for quite some time now. Anne is a very good communicator and both hunters and hunt test handlers would benefit from a few days spent with her. Well worth the $ !
Hope you get lots of response, & what a great cause it's for too!
Deb

rburm
10-25-2010, 07:44 PM
Registration form and cheque sent out today. looking forward to learning, as well as meeting other people with similar interests

thanks for organizing, and putting all the work into setting up the club as well:)

Kasomor
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Awesome!

The workshop should fill fast at this rate!

Cheers,

PS Deb can you post a bigger picture of your avatar somewhere? I have old eyes....

Kasomor
11-21-2010, 05:03 PM
Workshop is filling fast!

ONLY 6 WORKING SPACES LEFT!!

Don't be left out. Get your registration in now.

If you don't have a dog to run come and audit. Lots of audit space left. You will get tons out of watching.

Contact me at kasomor@shaw.ca for registration form and any questions.

Cheers,
Linda

bopper
11-22-2010, 07:16 PM
This will be a geat event! Anne Everett is a fine trainer, and you will benefit immensely by attending....try to be there...
Doug Grant (aka Bopper)