PDA

View Full Version : gang ranch

TRIPALM
10-23-2010, 06:57 PM
be careful ,friends of mine just had their truck stolen in the gang ranch ,along with their gear that was in the truck .they went for a hunt for the day and when they returned ,no truck .our camper was broke into a few years ago they stole rope ,generator a pack even a ham out of the fridge ,so watch you gear

kendoo
10-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Lost a rifle out of camper a few years ago at boat launch just below gang ranch bridge. Wagon burners also stole the tires off a van & then tourched the van. Now we launch boats & take everything across to churn creek no problems so far.

mark
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Lost a rifle out of camper a few years ago at boat launch just below gang ranch bridge. Wagon burners also stole the tires off a van & then tourched the van. Now we launch boats & take everything across to churn creek no problems so far.

Maybe because the launch you were using is on band land?????

Why not just use the launch below churn????

Ive yet to hear of anyone having problems over there, usually a few hunter camps there at any time!

mark
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
be careful ,friends of mine just had their truck stolen in the gang ranch ,along with their gear that was in the truck .they went for a hunt for the day and when they returned ,no truck .our camper was broke into a few years ago they stole rope ,generator a pack even a ham out of the fridge ,so watch you gear

Where abouts was their truck parked???

kendoo
10-23-2010, 07:56 PM
South side of river. May be on band land so what they claim ALL land. Or are you saying it's ok to burn FN vehicles on whitey's land. Just sayin

moosinaround
10-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Peanuts, Popcorn, get your candy floss......................................!!

todbartell
10-23-2010, 08:18 PM
this can only happen in Gang Ranch? :D

killman
10-23-2010, 08:20 PM
No way there are Wagon burners every where LOL..

Lone Ranger
10-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Doesn't surprise me too much about that area, as bad as Stave Lake almost. I prefer hunting quieter areas personally. LR

kendoo
10-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Now I only go down there the 3rd wed. for 3-4 days they are all in town. (pay day)

Jelvis
10-23-2010, 08:24 PM
Next time don't leave your keys in the ignition lol ..
JP ..

kendoo
10-23-2010, 08:26 PM
DO NOT TOUCH set gun may be triggered

urbanhermit
10-23-2010, 08:28 PM
weld your wheel nuts on before you go

Jelvis
10-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Was it a .. a dodge lol
JP was it a white one? I guess it's black now lol

ianwuzhere
10-23-2010, 08:42 PM
trail cam around the gear when your not there always crosses my mind- crappy to hear-one would think out in the bush everyone would be respectful and watch out for each other...? gotta lock up everything.

kendoo
10-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Swimming lessons comes to my mind, Fraser is fast flowing in this area, I believe it passes right past the happy hunting grounds!!!!!!!!!

Jelvis
10-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Canoe Creek ... and Brown Creek

Barracuda
10-23-2010, 09:05 PM
there have always been thieves in communities that prey on people passing through .

It doesnt matter if they are self entitled white trash , inbred hillbillies , natives or even the french, they are still nothing more then parisites and poachers of peoples lives and possessions.

They prey on out of towners knowing full well that the liklyhood of getting caught is small as the victim will lick thier wounds return home .

Jelvis
10-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Never leave your truck and stuff unattended for more than six hours at a time or your asking to be BUSTED.

gutpile
10-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Avoid thus areas all together ! and you will have peace of mind.

BIGHUNTERFISH
10-23-2010, 09:20 PM
Never leave your truck and stuff unattended for more than six hours at a time or your asking to be BUSTED.

Unless you drive a Chevy then you can leave it there all winter and nobody will steal it.

new and novice
10-23-2010, 09:26 PM
I just hope that the term Wagon burners will be considered by the site admins as a racial slur and unacceptable to those that placed them in their threads.

So as not to discriminate unfairly against the good people in that community, Just call the guilty parties A holes and be done. If you did not catch the people commiting the crime, you should not shoot down a whole race. Even if you did catch the goof off's and they were of the same race, still does not justify speaking badly about the whole race. Any race.

BTW, where is Gang Ranch?

yamadirt 426
10-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm sure many a different race has burned a wagon or 2 in there time. I dont care who says what about who on this site. Call them as you see them. No PC for this guy. That would be a smart move by a chinese guy to steal a truck on a rez though. You wouldn't see that coming. :mrgreen:

new and novice
10-23-2010, 09:52 PM
My point exactly. Many a different race has done terrible things to others within their own races, and to others. The problem I have, is the term wagon burner is a racial term that is clearly used to slur natives plane and simple. Going forward in this world of ours, it is becoming increasingly more important for people to find ways to come together as one, than to use words that will continue to divide us.

I suggested the that the people who initially wrote the slur and the other thread that perpetuated it could have used any number derogatory term to describe the idiots that committed the crimes other than one that slams o whole race of people. If you would like a list, i can provide one.

I am very suprised that I have to explain myself and position on the subject in such depth. I am also a bit concerned that I am the 22nd person on here to post a thread, but the 2nd one to comment on the racial slurs. Cmon people.

Still no one is telling me where gang ranch is.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
First they came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

kendoo
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
I just hope that the term Wagon burners will be considered by the site admins as a racial slur and unacceptable to those that placed them in their threads.

So as not to discriminate unfairly against the good people in that community, Just call the guilty parties A holes and be done. If you did not catch the people commiting the crime, you should not shoot down a whole race.

BTW, where is Gang Ranch?
Chilcotin country

huntcoop
10-23-2010, 09:53 PM
...BTW, where is Gang Ranch?

Near Clearwater :-D .

kendoo
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Chilcotin country
If I caught the inbreds there would be nothing to talk about

ruger#1
10-23-2010, 09:55 PM
My point exactly. Many a different race has done terrible things to others within their own races, and to others. The problem I have, is the term wagon burner is a racial term that is clearly used to slur natives plane and simple. Going forward in this world of ours, it is becoming increasingly more important for people to find ways to come together as one, than to use words that will continue to divide us.

I suggested the that the people who initially wrote the slur and the other thread that perpetuated it could have used any number derogatory term to describe the idiots that committed the crimes other than one that slams o whole race of people. If you would like a list, i can provide one.

I am very suprised that I have to explain myself and position on the subject in such depth. I am also a bit concerned that I am the 22nd person on here to post a thread, but the first one to comment on the racial slurs. Cmon people.

Still no one is telling me where gang ranch is.If I remember right, It is northwest of Clinton

sparkes3
10-23-2010, 10:00 PM
in the woods

Jelvis
10-23-2010, 10:14 PM
MU 5-3
Fraser River West

Gang Ranch
From Dog Creek, the Gang Ranch road drops down to cross the Fraser river and on up into the ranch. A gazetted road runs through the ranch, connects with the 2200 road and on into Riske Creek.
Good deer hunting in the southern part of 5-3
Jellapino .. You can call me Ray

One Shot
10-23-2010, 10:28 PM
Lost a rifle out of camper a few years ago at boat launch just below gang ranch bridge. Wagon burners also stole the tires off a van & then tourched the van. Now we launch boats & take everything across to churn creek no problems so far.:(

I do not think that you need to be slinging racial slurs on this forum as it puts all of in the same light as you. Please if you have to leave it for your personal discussions. How do you know who it was? Were you participating in the act???????There are idiots from every race creed and color. There are Indiginous persons who are forum members here. i think you owe them an apology..............:-D

new and novice
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM

I am very suprised that I have to explain myself and position on the subject in such depth. I am also a bit concerned that I am the 22nd person on here to post a thread, but the first one to comment on the racial slurs. Cmon people.

Still no one is telling me where gang ranch is.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________
First they came for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a communist

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for me,
and by that time no one was left to speak up.

:(

I do not think that you need to be slinging racial slurs on this forum as it puts all of in the same light as you. Please if you have to leave it for your personal discussions. How do you know who it was? Were you participating in the act???????There are idiots from every race creed and color. There are Indiginous persons who are forum members here. i think you owe them an apology..............:-D

Well written! Thank you for stepping up with me in speaking out against ignorance and intolerance.

Wild_Dog
10-23-2010, 11:46 PM
How come you didn't get insulted when someone said "white trash" or "inbreds"

Doesn't my family deserve a little respect too?

new and novice
10-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Because I already spoke up about the first one. Sorry, I thought you would have included yourself in when I wrote that no one should slam a whole race of people. As for the term inbread, that could apply to any race, and does not single out one race over another. Just out of curiosity, how closely related are you to the rest of your family? I have never personally met anyone who's family engaged in inbreeding.

Why don't we get back to hunting talk. I'm new to hunting, just got my number card,waiting for my pal to arrive and would like to use this site to learn and chat about hunting. Can we please leave racially devisive chat to pm's? But not mine.

Barracuda
10-24-2010, 12:19 AM
Bottom feeders come in all creeds and colours and no one race or culture has the market cornered .

the point i was makeing was that there are lowlifes that target travellers simply because they are an easier mark / better risk and a greater reward.

as for getting back to hunting chat ?

I believe this thread was a warning about theft of a vehicle while hunting which is and should be a concern for most.

we try to make our vehicle as uninviteing as possible which basically means out take the important stuff with you or lock it up if possible.

dont tempt fate as there is always someone out there that might look in and see a set of binos etc that they might like .

we use a club at time choose a spot that would be tough to push or roll a vehicle .
fuel or ignition cutoff is another one that has been employed by us.

My MC i am always worried about

troutseeker
10-24-2010, 01:13 AM
There are thieves everywhere, Gang Ranch simply seems to have a higher percentage, whatever the reason.

I am getting tired of all the PC stuff coming out lately...

Lone Ranger
10-24-2010, 01:36 AM
How come you didn't get insulted when someone said "white trash" or "inbreds"?

Damn straight. Its time to knock off the politically correct bullshit and even the playing field, if anyone really wants to play that game. I see no problem at all in calling things as you see it, but I do agree about being respectful about it - regardless of who's involved. Basic respect is deserved by everyone.

No one seen who did it so no one specifically can be blamed, anyone driving through the area could have done it. Still, its the risk taken whenever you leave anything unattended. It could very well happen any other place on Earth where there's the possibility that another 'being' can wander through (said because there's many animals who will steal from your camp just as quickly). LR

Devilbear
10-24-2010, 07:31 AM
I think that a "newbie" to, HBC, should realize that this site is VERY strictly moderated and not interfere in the process of that moderation. To be quite clear, I also find misspelled rants about the use of a commonplace term, especially when the use of ...white trash... is ignored to be rather questionable.....sounds like typical N.D.P. rhetoric to me.

Aa to ...indigenous people..., there are NO indigenous homids in BC or elsewhere in North America and the archaic peoples of this continent, as shown by many skeletal remains, i.e. "Kennewick Man" and the "Gore Creek" discovery here in BC, show "European" characteristics more than they do "Siberian" as we have been told the current aboriginal's ancestors were.

Soooooo, maybe, get acquainted first and then consider telling others here what you find acceptable or not? Just a suggestion.

rjcharlie
10-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Wow, I can't believe how a lot of these threads turn racist in a drop of a hat. I am aboriginal and I am offended by these bigots who rear their ugly heads every time this topic comes up. What there comments have to do with hunting I don't know, but I am getting tired of it.
Too me it's like saying Hitler,Paul Bernardo and Russell Williams are all white so all white people are like that. Sound ridiculous? Well it does to me too.

Big Lew
10-24-2010, 09:03 AM
I posted a warning about leaving your vehicle/camping gear un-attended in the riske Creek area,(which is basically the same "Gang Ranch" area) on another thread. I was careful not to mention anything specific about the individuals I personally saw stealing parts (they completely stripped a truck in about a half hour) because this type of situation is perpetrated by all manner and races of thieves all across this province. "Barracuda" has it right. Some "locals" from most communities think it is great sport and acceptable to rip off seemingly well-off "out-of-towners" invading their territory. In another post, I relate about some "locals" thinking it great fun to steal game animals tied to the outside of vehicles while parked at Inns or cafes in Hope during the sixty's and seventies. (I knew many people in Hope during that time, and the thieves were a mixture of native and white people...they were just, "Locals".)

Wild_Dog
10-24-2010, 09:22 AM
The natives in that area are very militant and if given the chance; will burn your modern day wagon.

Unfortunately, whether some like it or not, that is the reality of the situation in the Chilcotin.

Before you spout off you may want to do a little research.

I don't know why we have to sugar coat everything.

The natives in that area break into or outright strip vehicles that are left alone. In my opinion, that is a modern day wagon burner.

I guarantee that if the same happened to you, you wouldn't be all PC about it either. And if you pretend otherwise then you are just as fake as the rest of them.

I recommend the Alexis Creek area for hunting. Just let them know at the store where you are leaving your truck. They'll make sure its safe.

Devilbear
10-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Wow, I can't believe how a lot of these threads turn racist in a drop of a hat. I am aboriginal and I am offended by these bigots who rear their ugly heads every time this topic comes up. What there comments have to do with hunting I don't know, but I am getting tired of it.
Too me it's like saying Hitler,Paul Bernardo and Russell Williams are all white so all white people are like that. Sound ridiculous? Well it does to me too.

As a "white" native of BC, born to founding pioneer stock, I always have and do believe in equality for ALL legal residents of our province and nation.

So, I would never suggest that Darnell Pratt, or the three Musqeam youths who beat a Jewish boy near his home close to their reserve to the point of permanent brain damage, or, the aboriginals who beat a young "white" cook to death as he cycled home to his family after a night shift a few years ago near Kamloops are typical of all aboringines.

I could post many other examples, but, I think the point is obvious.

I would not post that the radical aboriginal who lead the "Gustafsen Lake" atrocity, "Wolverine", when he called Ujjal Dosanjh, then Attorney-General of BC, a "Paki" on national TV news was a "racist", but, some might........

The FACT is that the CO in Lillooet warned us in 2006, not to put up a tent camp high in the mountains closeby as, quote, "the Indians will steal it". This, speaks for itself, IMO.

rjcharlie
10-24-2010, 09:54 AM
Your digging yourself deeper and deeper there DEVILBEAR, you should stop. You are now taking your CO friend from Lillooet with you. Lets get back on topic, Hunting or protecting your valuables while hunting. Period.

Devilbear
10-24-2010, 10:16 AM
No, I have never met the CO, he told my partner this on the phone and my experience over many years in the BC Forest Service, the Alberta Forest Service, private consulting firms and the Canadian Coast Guard, has led me to realize that he was simply offering a fact-based warning.

My comments were simply to illustrate the fact that aboriginals cause violent crimes and one can use examples of that as I did to comment upon your remarks.

The ...topic... is not defined by your opinions and I do not ...stop... at the suggestion of another poster. "Racism" is endemic among aboriginals in BC-Canada and that is often seen here on HBC as well as in the national media, almost daily.

So, my point is made and, I DO protect my possessions when camping in wilderness BC; we have an excellent "system" for just that purpose. That is it, for me, no benefit to anyone to continue so we agree on that.