PDA

View Full Version : Last chanch WT Doe hunt

NitwiT
10-23-2010, 04:28 PM
So the boss and I are headed out early sunday to try put a couple does in the truck. I kind of plan on heading past princeton then poking around, don't really know the area.

Does anyone have any advice as to where to head? As always, I don't want your honeyholes (ok I lie), just looking for general areas to hunt.

Mark

Qasim
10-23-2010, 04:31 PM
So the boss and I are headed out early sunday to try put a couple does in the truck. I kind of plan on heading past princeton then poking around, don't really know the area.

Does anyone have any advice as to where to head? As always, I don't want your honeyholes (ok I lie), just looking for general areas to hunt.

Mark
Try Darcy creek Fsr or whipsaw Fsr

NitwiT
10-23-2010, 04:43 PM
I was thinking of going the Whipsaw/Lamont FSR route, only worry is if it's gonna be busier than all get out..

aggiehunter
10-23-2010, 05:43 PM
Yes the Whipsaw is full of Whitetails....drive real slow as they often just stand and look at you...just don't shoot a mulie by mistake!

sparkes3
10-23-2010, 10:07 PM
whipsaw= HIGHWAY

ufishifish2
10-23-2010, 10:16 PM
Yes the Whipsaw is full of Whitetails....drive real slow as they often just stand and look at you...just don't shoot a mulie by mistake!

Although I am sure they exist there, I have been working up Whipsaw/Lamont for a couple months a year over the past 3 years. I have yet to see a single white tail. I did pass up on a fine looking 4x4 mulie about 3 weeks ago near the recent mining area low down on Lamont. I might be kicking myself in about a month.

JAFA
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
DON'T Do 8-07!

I spent the last 2 weekends there on a tip, hunted very hard and saw diddly.

Wherever they are, they are not there.
Jim.

aliagha
10-24-2010, 03:08 PM
try kelowna or the area between CV and kelowna

NitwiT
10-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Well we're back, turns out, we should have headed much farther east :). We were up and down whipsaw early, 6:30 hit the area, drove all the way to garrison creek fsr. Bombed around in there, came back, shot a 2 point muley off of Sunset FSR. No sign of white tail. Couple other 2 points were taking down in nearby areas. Witnessed one, heard more gunshots.

Went to princeton, and headed up HWY 40 to H? road, taking us north/northeast towards the 97c. It's been a long day, and I can't remember any names. Just buck lake, dibbler? fsr, moosecamp?. Anyway, that area, no sign of anything at all. Spent most of the day in here. Headed down the 97c to 5a. Took that down to tulameen, on the way down took off on a side FSR, found a pile of muley does, still no whitetails.

Day end, spooked an even dozen ducks, while trying to get close, missed out on two ruffed grouse, saw about 10 does, and dropped the only buck we saw.

Mark

coach
10-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Congrats! Where's the pics?