PDA

View Full Version : Calling all coyotes..

llloyd
10-23-2010, 10:26 AM
Just got my first one this weekend, would love to get some closer to home. Are there any good areas near the LM or princeton/merritt area? If not, what is the closest.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_24zhKMadH7w/TMJATKEEy-I/AAAAAAAAA9I/AtYKntSeJKo/s800/DSC_4040.jpg

We were camping on a lake south of Golden and spotted this gal at 390 yards.

doubled
10-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Ran into two beauties yesterday but never got a shot off. Good job.

springpin
10-24-2010, 07:01 AM
get your goat? nice dog

llloyd
10-24-2010, 09:28 AM
get your goat? nice dog

Nah we failed bad at that part. we basically ****ed up planning and just had a general idea where we wanted to go but no specific plan for getting to the alpine. so we tried kapistro first, couldn't find a way up, then we hiked up mt 7 stayed a night but couldn't see any sign of goats and finally tried south a bit but by then everyone was pretty over the idea of climbing mountains so we hunted across the river for deer/elk without luck either :)

In hindsight planning to spend a week out there was definitely a mistake, too much weight, should have planned for day trips or single nights and left lots of the gear behind. Not having a detailed plan of where to hike was also a mistake. Next year I want to do it again, but I'd want to go with someone who has done it before. Don't think my buddies are going anywhere near a mountain again though :-?

All that having been said, it was still a fun trip and a learning experience, but lots of room for improvement.

ruger#1
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
There are almost black yotes in the Dewdney- Deroche area. You will have to find a farmer that will let you hunt their property.