PDA

View Full Version : Read your regs

rcplnzr
10-23-2010, 12:12 AM
Just got back from 7 24 tonight after 2 weeks. Second day in had to run into town. Up there on a gereral opening and what do i see 8 km up off the main highway ?? A cow and calf !! and i also know im at the provincial park boundry and dont know if this is a no hunting area. Blast back to camp and grab the regs outa the camper and of course i would have been good to go. I beat my head repeatly as i type this. Seen no more game after this of course.:cry:

Steeleco
10-23-2010, 07:18 AM
I've done that a few times. Pretty shitty feeling when you realize what "should" have been.

Blainer
10-23-2010, 07:32 AM
Keep a copy in your hunting vehicle.

boxhitch
10-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Still too late. Know before you go. Had the same issue with a young bull moose standing near the side of hiway near Clearwater. Would have been good to go 15 m. off the edge.

Steeleco
10-23-2010, 08:38 AM

I do, but one time in Reg 8 we watched a BIG bear walk away because it was Sept 9th. Only ever hunted Reg 2 on opening day before that.
That was a DUH moment if I've ever had one!!!

ufishifish2
10-23-2010, 10:17 AM
A complete genius did the same thing a couple weeks ago in Westwold with the herd bull Elk that was standing by the side of the highway. Only difference is that the idiot pulled the trigger and shot the Elk in the ass before jumping in his vehicle and taking off.
Atleast you were smart enough not to shoot first, and ask questions later. Good on you.

500grhollowpoint
10-23-2010, 10:26 AM
I saw the biggest deer I have ever seenjust sitting there looking at me at 40 yards, when they were closed in 8, thinking I was in 8, and looked on the GPS later and I was in 3. Still open in 3.....

doubled
10-23-2010, 10:41 AM
D'ohhhhh!!!!!

Live and learn, probably won't forget your regs ever again so lesson learned.

Lone Ranger
10-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Better safe than sorry though, better than squeezing the trigger only to find out that you're still in region 8! LR

illbuyourcatfish
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Last year when moose opened we came across a large bull with one side of his rack broken off leaving just a 4 inch or so bone nub. We watched him take his time and slowly walk off, never even considering it to be a spike/fork.

lilhoss
10-23-2010, 11:59 AM
A complete genius did the same thing a couple weeks ago in Westwold with the herd bull Elk that was standing by the side of the highway. Only difference is that the idiot pulled the trigger and shot the Elk in the ass before jumping in his vehicle and taking off.
Atleast you were smart enough not to shoot first, and ask questions later. Good on you.
And you reported that right,to the CO's?

ufishifish2
10-23-2010, 12:03 PM
And you reported that right,to the CO's?
Didn't need to. It's all over the papers, not to mention that the poacher called the CO's, admitted what he did, but failed to tell his name.