PDA

View Full Version : Riske Creek?

MOOSE MILK
10-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Heading to the Riske Creek area this weekend. Any word on the conditions in the area? snow, mud, any mullies? Goin'a be tentin' it fer two weeks so lookin' forward to a bit of snow. Any one hear of or been there lately?

Big Lew
10-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Hope you read this before you go....watch your vehicle and gear very closely! That area is one of the worst areas I know of for local residents helping themselves to anything not guarded, including anything that can be stripped off your vehicle.. I have travelled through that area many times and have personally witnessed young fellows stripping hunter's vehicles in broad daylight, and seen numerous abandoned vehicles and trailers sitting by the road without wheels etc. I can usually take care of myself on a one on one, but there's not much most of us can do when it's eight or nine to one....and their vehicle hasn't any plates to record for the police. If the police do try to investigate, they are just given the run-a-round by the young fellow's friends and relatives. (Couldn't be anyone from around here, we were at home all day long.)

muledeercrazy
10-22-2010, 11:40 PM
that would suck. i have seen the natives do alot of stuff that should be off limits, but didnt know it could be that bad.

srupp
10-23-2010, 12:09 AM
hmmm lots of deer and the weathers not too bad..

Steven

swampthing
10-23-2010, 08:22 AM
If your tentin just get back as far as you can off the beatin trail. Bad roads bring good people. Have fun.

10-23-2010, 09:51 AM
I use to hunt around Riske Creek a fair bit. Lots of muleys. Make sure you park your truck out of sight or you will regret it.

srupp
10-23-2010, 12:35 PM
I was there last night..from 2 am.....to 6 am..YAAAAAWN..and seen over 70 deer..does ...fawns..bucks..2x2's 4 x 4's and a couple of hawgs...most starting to move after 4 30 am..so first light AND hilly terrain..HINT..

working....not hunting..but passing the news along....

Steven

BimmerBob
10-23-2010, 12:38 PM
working....not hunting..but passing the news along....

Steven

Wife beaters at it again Steven, or was it just too much revelry at the Friday night piss up? :mrgreen:

srupp
10-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Bimmerbob.....hmmm cant comment....just lots of deer running everywhere last night..its supposed to get cold in next 24 hrs so that should be perfect...

Steven

coquitlam
10-23-2010, 01:10 PM
that would suck. i have seen the natives do alot of stuff that should be off limits, but didnt know it could be that bad.

Was there a few years ago and was warned many time about the natives and talk to some that had things go missing. Don`t know what the hell is the matter with them.

xcaribooer
08-09-2014, 01:33 PM
sorry to revive an old thread but I was considering this area(meldrum lake) for early oct in the hopes of finding a couple of meat bucks. Having always wanted to go see the old eric collier homestead is the other reason for this spot. Is there still a concern with locals looting your camp in this area ??? Are the locals friendly? I am bringing my 71 year old dad so I really don't want to run into any trouble like that,
also would it be better to go in from riske creek or from above via old soda cr/ mackin cr fsr? thanks

Seth
08-09-2014, 02:47 PM
Yes. There are definitely still concerns in this area. I would seriously consider heading elsewhere.

REMINGTON JIM
08-09-2014, 02:54 PM
stay away from there - maybe go over into the HorseFly area instead - NONE of those trouble makers there Yey ! RJ

srupp
08-09-2014, 04:18 PM
xcaribooer send me a pm..don't know if your ph # is current? steven