PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't Trying to Ruin Anyone's Hunt

PointMan
10-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Might be over reacting, might not, you tell me if I did right or not. If not, how would you have handled it?

This morning I headed out to try and pick up my WT doe, even a buck if I was lucky. I have permission to hunt on some ranch property that I know houses some fairly regular WT traffic, so off I went. I got there while it was still pretty dark, picked a spot to sit and stayed put till about 8:00 ish. It's a fairly open field, about 330 yards long and the tree line around it is narrow, so if there was anything standing among them I would have spotted them with my binos. Since nothing was obvious, I decided to hike around the fringes hoping to spook something bedded down. As I came out the far edge of the tree line I noticed a truck parked about 800 or so yards up the hill. I hadn't seen it when I came in because of the dark, and my sitting location was too far in for it to reach my field of vision once the sun came up. Not being able to see if there was anyone in the truck or not, I decided to head up there to see. My logic being, I was planning on doing some hiking around and if they were not in the truck, I was going to hunt somewhere else (for everyone's safety), if they were in the truck I was going to see what they had mind, and again, move on if need be. Problem is, once I got to within 400 yards of the truck, it fired up and they took off up the hill. Now I thought what I was doing made good ethical sense, but seeing them drive off before I got there makes me thing all I did was pee them off for ruining their morning hunt. I dunno, I hope not, but sure seems that way. What do you guys think?

PointMan
10-22-2010, 05:55 PM
On the up side though, on my way home I got to help a guy gut and load his first ever deer! That guy was HAPPY! Good clean head shot too.

dougan
10-22-2010, 05:56 PM
Your walking they were lazy .Your good, i wouldnt worry for a second!!

Chuck
10-22-2010, 05:58 PM
They should have been happy you dogged for them.

Gateholio
10-22-2010, 05:59 PM
Don't worry about it. It was probably 2 guys having a Brokeback moment and didn't want a threesome.:wink:

boxhitch
10-22-2010, 06:06 PM
You were in the right, no way of knowing what the other guy was doing. Maybe they shouldn't have been there.

ruger#1
10-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Pointman don't worry about it. You had a good day out and I thought you said you were and had permission to hunt this property. Sounds like they didn't and took off so they wouldn't get caught. Then again you might of been able to find some beer cans where they parked.

PointMan
10-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Pointman don't worry about it. You had a good day out and I thought you said you were and had permission to hunt this property. Sounds like they didn't and took off so they wouldn't get caught.
Kinda what I've been thinking, maybe I should have checked in at the ranch when I left, give the foreman a heads up just in case they didn't have permission.

Steeleco
10-22-2010, 06:09 PM
Hell they may have not even seen you and gave up waiting for the deer to jump in the back LOL

The Hermit
10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Don't worry about it. It was probably 2 guys having a Brokeback moment and didn't want a threesome.:wink:

A hahahaha thats what I thought too!

stitch
10-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Don't give it a second thought. If you were on private land and had permission maybe they didn't and got spooked when they saw you coming:wink:

deer nut
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Kinda makes me wonder if maybe they didn't have permission? Why else would they take off when they saw you?