PDA

View Full Version : young hunters?

Trevorg
10-21-2010, 08:33 PM
what does an underage hunter have to do to be able to hunt with an adult? Kid is 10 and as i understand it hes old enough but what are the legal requirements? I could just look it up but theres so many smart people on here it just seems easier to ask lol:-D

Shooter
10-21-2010, 08:36 PM
He can get a Junior license and then he must be kept under CLOSE PERSONAL SUPERVISION ( an arms length basically). Then he can shoot on the adults tags IIRC. Or he can take the CORE course and get his own tags. A junior license can only be had until they are 14 years old.

swampthing
10-22-2010, 05:56 AM
There you go, get him out there.

Ruger4
10-22-2010, 06:08 AM
we eagerly await harvest pictures :-D

Caveman
10-22-2010, 06:56 AM
He can get a Junior license and then he must be kept under CLOSE PERSONAL SUPERVISION ( an arms length basically). Then he can shoot on the adults tags IIRC. Or he can take the CORE course and get his own tags. A junior license can only be had until they are 14 years old.

Hit the nail on the head. You can in most cases sit in the core course with him to help keep him on track or at ease with the people he won't know as well

Trevorg
10-22-2010, 09:47 AM
where and how do we get the junior license?

Canadian Dad
10-24-2010, 10:20 AM
It was weird this year. Last year I bought the JR license for my son (11yrs) where I bought my hunting license and tags at the local gas station.
This year? No one had one! 4 different places didn't have them issued. So I went to the Govt Access centre for it. He's at 6 grouse with his .22 so far and will be getting his CORE next year.

tackdriver
10-24-2010, 01:02 PM
if it helps i got my sons first junior license ever at the deroche general store friday but anywhere you get a license or tags you should be able to get one .