PDA

View Full Version : I Did A Stupid Thing

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 01:09 AM
I read the regs on page 38 it says the bag limit ,under WT deer it says your allowed one anterless and one antlered.

I then looked at the region bag limit it says allowed one buck ,allowed one doe.

But that is not the way it works ,the regs to me should be clearer it should say you are allowed ether a buck or doe ,one only of ether sex in the area I hunt..

So what I did was I shot a doe this past Monday thinking that I can still shoot a buck in the same region ..

I talked to another hunter in my region I hunt and he said you are only allowed one WT deer in here.

I was very upset with myself after what he told me I guess it was my fault if I was not sure about this I should have gone over to the wildlife branch and talked to them about the bag limit for WT deer in this region.

I was really looking forward to this years WT hunt in the region I hunt ,never been here for the WT hunt in Nov.

Guess I will have to wait till next year to hunt WT bucks in the EK
http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif :(..

moose2
10-21-2010, 01:33 AM
The way I read it Wayne if you have cut only one deer tag , (a white doe )tag now you are allowed one more deer from region 4 this year either a white buck or mule buck in the Nov season
MIKE

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 01:37 AM
The way I read it Wayne if you have cut only one deer tag , (a white doe )tag now you are allowed one more deer from region 4 this year either a white buck or mule buck in the Nov season
MIKE

I used my mule deer tag in this region this year :confused:..

moose2
10-21-2010, 01:39 AM
Then your right off to another region for your third bc deer

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Then your right off to another region for your third bc deer

I will go to the wildlife branch and ask them if I can take a third deer that being a WT deer in region 4-03 this will be a different region I will hunt .

I shot my doe in a different region then that of 4-03 ,so I think I can shoot a buck in 4-03 is this not correct ???...

jaeger
10-21-2010, 03:07 AM
The provincial bag limit for deer is 3 Deer one which may be antlerless White tail. They could legally be all Whitetails if you were to hunt them in different M-U

moose2
10-21-2010, 03:35 AM
I don't think so Wayne only 2 deer a year anywhere in region 4 they have reduced the limit up here in 7B as well down to 2. You would have to go to 1,2,3,5,6,7 or 8 to get a third deer
MIKE

Stone Sheep Steve
10-21-2010, 04:07 AM
No you didn't do anything "stupid", Wayne. Maybe if you admitted to shooting 3 deer in Reg 4 and posted it on HBC...now that would be stupid!:-D.

That's the problem with being a trophy elk hunter...... Your season is now done. Most guys shoot a moose or elk for meat and then, with a full freezer, can hold out for a deer that makes them happy. You should have whacked one of those legal bulls you saw near the end of elk season held on to those deer tags until elk season was done. It's going to be tough for you sitting on the sidelines for the next month and a half.....unless you want to travel.

No need to go see the wildlife branch. It is clear in the regs.....

"

Deer

: The aggreate bag limit in the Kootenay

Region is two. The bag limit for mule (black-tailed)

deer is one.

You've got 10 days left in the moose season.

SSS

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 05:57 AM
No you didn't do anything "stupid", Wayne. Maybe if you admitted to shooting 3 deer in Reg 4 and posted it on HBC...now that would be stupid!:-D.

That's the problem with being a trophy elk hunter...... Your season is now done. Most guys shoot a moose or elk for meat and then, with a full freezer, can hold out for a deer that makes them happy. You should have whacked one of those legal bulls you saw near the end of elk season held on to those deer tags until elk season was done. It's going to be tough for you sitting on the sidelines for the next month and a half.....unless you want to travel.

No need to go see the wildlife branch. It is clear in the regs.....

"

Deer

deer is one.

You've got 10 days left in the moose season.

SSS

It's not about getting game meat I got 1/2 a mule deer and this doe I got.

I thought that I could shot one buck one doe WT in the same region thats why I feel stupid.

I would have held out for a good buck if I new this was the case this was my plan http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif.

slicky72
10-21-2010, 06:24 AM
There are no stupid questions Wayne.You were spot on asking for clarification. Happy hunting.

boxhitch
10-21-2010, 07:52 AM
Deer

deer is one.

You were spot on asking for clarification.
Going to another zone in the same region will do no good.

rocksteady
10-21-2010, 07:53 AM
Aggregate bag limit for deer in region 4 is 2, provinicial bag limit is 3...so if you wish to harvest another deer you MUST go to another Region, maybe Region 8 (Okanogan ) or Cariboo (region 5) or back to the Island Region 1....

Ah hell Wayne, no biggie...Now you can just go out "hunting" with your video camera during the November Rut for Whiteys and provide tonnes of great footage for youtube.... :mrgreen:

mark
10-21-2010, 08:00 AM
[quote=hunter1947;769245]

I thought that I could shot one buck one doe WT in the same region thats why I feel stupid.

You can!!!!, but you can only shoot 2 deer in region 4!
So if youve cut 2 tags, your done hunting deer there!

Myself, Im gonna hold out for a big whitey buck, or I can take a doe with the bow as late as dec. 20 now! :-D

I guess Christina lake is the closest place you can hunt deer now!

The Hermit
10-21-2010, 08:07 AM
No worries Wayne... come stay here and hunt an island deer, or has the easy pickins in Region 4 spoiled you for a real challenge? ;-) Ah ha.

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 08:25 AM
[quote=hunter1947;769245]

You can!!!!, but you can only shoot 2 deer in region 4!
So if youve cut 2 tags, your done hunting deer there!

Myself, Im gonna hold out for a big whitey buck, or I can take a doe with the bow as late as dec. 20 now! :-D

I guess Christina lake is the closest place you can hunt deer now!

Yes you are right Mark I just got back from the wildlife branch.

Its the mule deer 2 point I shot that did me in reason being is because I wanted my buddy to go home with some meat.

I can go anywhere out of region 4 and hunt a buck WT deer in order to get my third deer.

This would be to costly for me to travel that far..

Brambles
10-21-2010, 08:50 AM
Looks like wayne is done hunting for the year....that sucks

BimmerBob
10-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Looks like wayne is done hunting for the year....that sucks

Nope, just done hunting with a rifle, I am still looking forward to all the pictures of his camera hunts :-D

urbanhermit
10-21-2010, 09:19 AM
How about some B&C chickens Wayne. Find a couple of ruffers and have a nice BBQ by a stream some where in the afternoon sun. You are far from Done!!!

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 10:28 AM
I will be scouting out WT bucks for my young hunting partner I will try to help him get a good buck come the long weekend of Nov..

I have about 6 hours of wildlife footage on my video camper ,I love filming wildlife as to shot them with a rifle.

I put the footage on my CP then I burn the footage onto a CD disk and then watch the footage on my 50 inch TV ,I have footage of grizzly bears ,bull moose ,different hawks ,WT does ,WT bucks ,mule does ,mule bucks ,black bears ,cow elk ,bull elk ,got it all on my video camera ,I love this to no end http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..

BCrams
10-21-2010, 10:52 AM
There's a good reason why I like to hold onto my deer tags until November!!

You only miss-read reading the 'two' deer limit for Region 4. First deer was your 2 pt mule deer and your 2nd deer to round out the Reg 4 deer bag limit was your white-tail doe.

If you want to carry a firearm and hunt, it will have to be an out of region hunt!!

Brambles
10-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Spike fork moose are open till the 31st

greybark
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
:-D Hey Hunter1947 , Check your PM`s
Cheers

Islandeer
10-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Hey Wayne,

No worries, this island boy will be up for Mulies from the 11th to the 15th of Nov., then switch gears for a big Range Rat, AKA, whitaileous cleverest, till the 23rd!!

Wayne the best whitey hunting for the big pigs is usuall y from the 23 or so till the 30th.

You near the Bull River Inn by chance?

rocksteady
10-21-2010, 11:53 AM
If you want to carry a firearm and hunt, it will have to be an out of region hunt!!

Coyotes and wolves are open and both of them tend to be a bunch smarter than elk....They are very challenging..:mrgreen:

HOw can it be a stupid thing Wayne...????

You shot a mulie buck so a friend could take some meat home....(Sounds pretty honorable rather than stupid)....

You shot a Whitey doe to put meat in the freezer for yourself....(Helping to change the odds of the buck:doe ratio..)

You can't eat the antlers...(Well you can, but don't invite me for dinner on that night)

Go video a monster buck and then you will have a specific assignment next year, to find the bad boy and beat him at his own game...

I shot a 2 point whitey early in the season, a lot of guys tell me I wasted a tag cause now I can't shoot a big buck in the rut season..??? I don't see it as a waste, I have 100 lbs of good eating 2 1/2 year old venison. :mrgreen:
Sure I like big antlers, but they are just a bonus...

bigben
10-21-2010, 01:34 PM
Well Wayne you can always go to saskabush and alberta to get yourself another whitetail buck that is and also you have to be a lawyer sometimes to understand the regs oh well I think bears and coyotes and wolves are still an item in region 4 along with cougars get one of these and you will save a few for yourself to hunt next year always moose till the 31 st Good luck

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 01:41 PM
I will be filming wildlife of all kinds I love doing this to me its as good as shooting them with a rifle.

I'm sure I will post some video footage of some nice big bucks comes the third week of Nov http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif :-D..

deeks1989
10-21-2010, 05:26 PM
Aww sorry to hear that Wayne... well the buck you would have got this year will be even bigger next year...! Also this year you can practice your rattling and grunting so that next year you'll be a pro! Maybe if I find some big monsters over in Grand Forks you could come whack one because its region 8-15.

TPB
10-21-2010, 07:21 PM
I will be filming wildlife of all kinds I love doing this to me its as good as shooting them with a rifle.

I'm sure I will post some video footage of some nice big bucks comes the third week of Nov http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif :-D..

Wayne go find yourself an elusive spike fork moose? Great meat and a challenge.

hotstuff
10-21-2010, 11:42 PM
It is good you learned early, even us that have hunted for over 45 years have trouble understanding the regs, in one group I go with we have a combined total of over 200 years of hunting, and we can still have heated discussions over the regs.
It will come with experience.
Remember, there are no stupid questions, from what I have seen here it is a pretty good group.

hunter1947
10-22-2010, 02:52 AM
Aww sorry to hear that Wayne... well the buck you would have got this year will be even bigger next year...! Also this year you can practice your rattling and grunting so that next year you'll be a pro! Maybe if I find some big monsters over in Grand Forks you could come whack one because its region 8-15.

Shaun I just might come down there in 8-15 for a week in late Nov to
try and fill a WT tag its only 5 hour drive from Cranbrook..

We will talk about this when I see you on the long weekend of Nov.

I can do this ,go hunting in Grand Forks for a week because I am retired LOL :-D.

sawmill
10-22-2010, 04:25 AM
Hey Wayne,2 words........ICE FISHING!!!! In style with a fishing shelter and a heater.I know a spot where............:wink:

elkdom
10-22-2010, 08:31 AM
of ALL your threads,,,,,,,,,,,,,? ? ?,,,,,,,,,,,

I think I like this one the best!:mrgreen: