PDA

View Full Version : Friends In my Hunting Camp..

hunter1947
10-21-2010, 12:55 AM
When I hunt in the hunting season I love being around lots of friends.
Hunting alone is not much fun being by yourself and not having no one to talk to.

When I set up my hunting camp late Aug this year I need friends to help me get an elk out if I shoot one I am not getting any younger.

I did invite a few more friend into my area this year to help them out with the area and to hunt with them.

I enjoy helping out other friend thats what I am all about and I won't change what I like to do.

Like right now I have no one to go out with till Nov 10 and this person is a 14 year old boy and yes I will help him get his WT buck that Nov long weekend.

So the way I look at it if I have invites into my hunting camp it's not so lonely and having friends around camp is at the top of my list ,its as good as shooting a big game animal ,thats the way I look at it and always will http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

Caveman
10-21-2010, 06:42 AM
Right On Wayne! Family and friends is what it's all about. I will say though I do enjoy a little hunting on my own though. No deadlines , expectations, tec.

Phil A. Bowl
10-21-2010, 06:56 AM
yeah i need some good hunting buddies I got into hunting on my own and the peps that i did know that hunted, i quickly found out i would rather go by myself. i have just planned a trip for myself nov.5-10

Dutch Ppoacher
10-21-2010, 07:02 AM
hunter1947, thought i would let you know if someone hasn't already told you.
I recived a "pm" regarding the story of the harvested elk earlier this season. this pm explained their side of the story told by the son while the father sat along side...
would you like me to post this story. wayne i will only post it if you want to see this!
DP

Jonas111
10-21-2010, 07:07 AM
I recived a "pm" regarding the story of the harvested elk earlier this season. this pm explained their side of the story told by the son while the father sat along side...
would you like me to post this story. wayne i will only post it if you want to see this!
DP

A lot of people received that and no he doesn't need to see it. Hunter1947 wants to leave that behind him. Its on another post.

Time to move on.

r106
10-21-2010, 07:08 AM
DP

just forget about it. A lot of people got it. It's been posted already. It's time to let that story die.
________
GM IRON DUKE ENGINE HISTORY (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/GM_Iron_Duke_engine)

farside
10-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Yep - hunting alone all the time is sucky. Its the best to have someone in camp in which to share the days adventures AND help with retrieving an animal when needed.

I was very lucky to have a friend reschedule there time off and be able to hunt with me for 1 week. My next foray looks to be a solo. Thinkin Cortes for 4 days or so.

sawmill
10-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Sorry I couldn`t make it this year Wayne but I just can`t get time off this time of year and on the weekends we were winterizing the place,putting things away,hauling firewood ect.Pretty much got `er licked now though,sure is a good feeling,full freezers,full wood piles.
BRING IT ON:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

silvertipp
10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
wayne you sound like a hell of a good guy & would be welcome in my camp anytime
ive always thought that freinds in camp was part of hunting ,swapping story,hunting stratagies & watching people get there game is just as much fun for me as tagging an animal .good luck to you & i hope you bag a great whitey to finish off a awsome season

gamehunter6o
10-22-2010, 01:18 AM
ive always thought that freinds in camp was part of hunting ,swapping story,hunting stratagies & watching people get there game is just as much fun for me as tagging an animal

Times 2 silvertip. I don't get the real buzz of downing an animal like I used to, but I just love to see others hyped up after scoring.:-D

hunter1947
10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
Times 2 silvertip. I don't get the real buzz of downing an animal like I used to, but I just love to see others hiped up after scoring.:-D

You got that right ,thats what hunting is all about to me ,having friends in camp ..

And you Neil are an exception to have in our camp you are tops and you know so much about everything.

You pass your knowledge onto others ,it goes a long ways ,thank you Neil S http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif..