PDA

View Full Version : Better camp spot: Fletcher Lake or Klokut Lake

ravensfoot
10-20-2010, 03:39 PM
Heading up this Friday for a Moose/Deer hunt up in 5-04. Narrowed down 2 options for a camp site and was wondering which one would be best. We have two travel trailers in our group. Any advice would be appreciated. Fletcher or Klocut, can't decide.

Big Lew
10-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Can't speak for Klokut lake, but Fletcher lake has good camping area for trailers and the road is great....the fishing is pretty good as well.

rifleman
10-20-2010, 06:40 PM
fletcher lake for sure. good road good fishing,

Seth
10-20-2010, 09:01 PM
Fletcher Lake. There are moose on the backside of the lake! My dad shot a 36" bull there in 04. Quite a few deer as well.

chinooker
10-20-2010, 09:21 PM
Stay a away from Kloacut theres some freaky people living in that cabin on the lake!!

elkhunter1
10-20-2010, 09:47 PM
Kloacut has been loged out no moose comming there now.
Had leh draw nothing around.

sako7mm
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
I've camped at Fletcher Lake before a couple of times, its a nice spot with easy access to nice country.

dmace
10-20-2010, 10:12 PM
Klokut road is terrible ! But lots of fish. Fletcher is a bit close to the main lines.

ravensfoot
10-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Awesome feedback guys. You have saved me big time because I was leaning towards the Klokut lake. I think that Fletcher will be just fine. Hopefully i'll come back with a few stories and photos.

srupp
10-21-2010, 11:55 AM
hmmmm where did we hear of Fletcher lake suggestion being the best option????hmmmmmm lol....

Steven

Stresd
10-21-2010, 01:05 PM
hmmmm where did we hear of Fletcher lake suggestion being the best option????hmmmmmm lol....

Steven

Not where I would be setting up camp. That is, unless someone was willing to stay behind and make sure things don't disappear while the rest are hunting. :wink: Lots of sideroads to get out of sight on.

srupp
10-21-2010, 03:17 PM
hmmm Im not so sure what is the best option..IF you go just out of sight someone has full advantage of that isolation to really do a number on your equipment and gear..the isolation may give someone a false sense of courage wheras the main road has more traffic and "perhaps" someone would think twice just becaus there IS more random traffic that may come by while you are attempting crimminal activities....possibility of discovery is higher..6 of 1 1/2 doz of another...:confused:

Steven

ravensfoot
10-21-2010, 04:54 PM

Steven

Yes, thanks to my buddy Steven we will be staying at the Fletcher lake. A couple of the guys have their draw in the sub region 'A' and wanted to camp closer to their area. Oh well, sucks to be them. Thanks again Steven and I'll try and give you a ring on the phone tomorrow when we hit 100 mile.

All packed and ready to go. Woo Hoo

srupp
10-21-2010, 05:14 PM
lol just had the most recent set of Vancouver Islander moose hunters arrive and leave..next...lol...hmmm almost out of "free" flies for these fall fishermen/moose hunters..

cheers

Steven

PS I work nites so dont get home till after 8 am...

Stresd
10-21-2010, 05:47 PM
hmmm Im not so sure what is the best option..IF you go just out of sight someone has full advantage of that isolation to really do a number on your equipment and gear..the isolation may give someone a false sense of courage wheras the main road has more traffic and "perhaps" someone would think twice just becaus there IS more random traffic that may come by while you are attempting crimminal activities....possibility of discovery is higher..6 of 1 1/2 doz of another...:confused:

Steven

Over the years of hunting the area we have found ourselves going deeper to avoid the problems associated with staying where it is easy to do a smash and grab. A deadend side road is not easy pickens when you don't know who or when you will meet someone coming back to camp on your only exit.:wink:

Big Lew
10-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Fletcher Lake. There are moose on the backside of the lake! My dad shot a 36" bull there in 04. Quite a few deer as well.
x2, birds as well.

ravensfoot
10-21-2010, 09:01 PM
I can't believe I'm sitting here online. I'm waiting for buddy to arrive and we are leaving at 6am tomorrow. I am so pumped for this trip, I appreciate all the advice from everyone. Would love to meet some of you guys if your in the area. I really need to go and have a couple of beer to start getting into my hunt/holliday. Wish me luck!

xcaribooer
10-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Fletcher is a good camp spot and the logging trucks roaring past your camper before daylite ensure you wont sleep in:-D. You will probally have some other hunters camped there as well , this is good cause you can get to know them and keep an eye out for eatch others gear.

I prefer a bit more peace and tranquility at my camps so I opt to find a private spot off the main roads, You take your chances with the locals messin with your stuff but I have never had it happen, I know it does though.

You might want to take a look in behind fletcher for a nice camp spot if you are hunting there anyhow, it will save the drive in the mornings.