PDA

View Full Version : Quick Cougar story

Good2bCanadian
10-20-2010, 08:06 AM
Was finishing a week long trip to Tofino at the end of August. We stopped at little Qualicum falls park to stay the night before hitting the ferry home the next morning.
My wife and son were dead tired, so it was just me, my chair, and a few beers at the fire.
I fell asleep in my chair, probably beer in hand at around 10pm or so.
My spidey sense was tingling and I awoke my self sensing something to my left, around 11:30pm.
Just outside of the light throw of my trailer in the edge of the bush, I spotted a cougar 25ft away. As I spotted him, we locked eyes and he stopped in his tracks staring at me. This went on for 5 seconds, and then he slowly walked off, staying just inside the darkness of the forest.
Wasnt a scary situation, but holy crap, thanks spidey sense.

shawnwells
10-20-2010, 08:33 AM
crazy....you fell asleep and didnt finish your beer?? no im kidding...crazy story buddy...at least the kitty was nice to you and didnt like...rip your ears off so you could tell the story on here instead of reading it on the news...

islandboy
10-20-2010, 08:44 AM
Cougars and beer are a bad combination. Good thing you woke up ....

Many have had to chew their arm off in the morning just to escape.

Chuck
10-20-2010, 08:53 AM
Wow! Good thing it was a timid cat. Can you imagine the mess to clean up if it was a Samsquatch?

.330 Dakota
10-20-2010, 09:08 AM
Was she holding a martini?

mxracer328
10-20-2010, 10:01 AM
must have been an ugly one if she didnt want to come into the lights, was she carrying a paper bag?

308Lover
10-20-2010, 10:23 AM
What brand of beer was it? Have you seen cougars while on other brands too?

shawnwells
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
probably that wildcat beer...called it in when he opened it...

Peters Wildlife
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Was finishing a week long trip to Tofino at the end of August. We stopped at little Qualicum falls park to stay the night before hitting the ferry home the next morning.
My wife and son were dead tired, so it was just me, my chair, and a few beers at the fire.
I fell asleep in my chair, probably beer in hand at around 10pm or so.
My spidey sense was tingling and I awoke my self sensing something to my left, around 11:30pm.
Just outside of the light throw of my trailer in the edge of the bush, I spotted a cougar 25ft away. As I spotted him, we locked eyes and he stopped in his tracks staring at me. This went on for 5 seconds, and then he slowly walked off, staying just inside the darkness of the forest.
Wasnt a scary situation, but holy crap, thanks spidey sense.

My buddy has an RV lot at Spider Lake, just a stones through away from there. They had a Cougar warning a few months back, the cat was spotted a number times in the middle of the day right in the open. I think this cat has no worries of people and may become a problem. Could be the same Cougar.
Glad your story turned out the way it did.

Ruger4
10-20-2010, 11:04 AM
jesus man , thank god you didnt spill your beer :mrgreen:

kidding , glad your with us to tell the story !!

Good2bCanadian
10-20-2010, 11:06 AM
What brand of beer was it? Have you seen cougars while on other brands too?

Lucky lauger

Only the finest beer allowed in my camp
Lol

Good2bCanadian
10-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Most people say they never see cats in the wild.
I've seen 4 over the last 5yrs
2 bobcats on vedder mountain in chilliwack. On seperate occasions while dirtbiking.
1 bobcat in Likely BC while portaging to our secret fishing lake.
And then this cougar this summer.

Awesome looking creatures, love em.

Ruger4
10-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Most people say they never see cats in the wild.
I've seen 4 over the last 5yrs
2 bobcats on vedder mountain in chilliwack. On seperate occasions while dirtbiking.
1 bobcat in Likely BC while portaging to our secret fishing lake.
And then this cougar this summer.

Awesome looking creatures, love em.

a nice mature bobcat lifesize mount is as nice as they come .... tags are cheap :mrgreen:

10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
Cougars and beer are a bad combination. Good thing you woke up ....

Many have had to chew their arm off in the morning just to escape.

ahhh haaaaa thats good!

pappy
10-20-2010, 12:12 PM
Must have been a lost Naniamo cougar, they have the finest.