PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Photos

Geo.338
05-17-2006, 06:36 PM
We are heading up to 6-18 on friday morning for our spring Grizz draws and I have a couple questions about pic size and such . I am fairly new to digita photgraphy .What is the best pic size to take to put on the HBC site to share in the gallery or in a post? Do all photos require resizing in some way before putting them on the site ?I always take alot of photos and I like to print copies for my albums .Occasionally I get one I like to enlarge .Will a camera set on 1Meg allow for enlargements of up to a max of 8x10 mostly 5x7 though .Any other tips anyone has are always welcome.Thank You . Geo.338

Stone Sheep Steve
05-17-2006, 06:45 PM
Take all your pics on the highest resolution as long as your memory card is large enough. That way if you do get that one awesome pic to blow up you can do it as large as your camera will allow depending on how many MP's your camera is. You can easilly re-size your pics on most computers or resize them on a hosting/uploading site(eg photobucket, imagecave etc). Each site has different limits on size but if you stay under 650pixelsx650 you should be fine. Some have a max KB or filesize limit. There are a couple of different ways to do it.
Take lots of pics! At least with your digital you'll know if they turned out right away....
Best of luck!!:-D

SSS

Marc
05-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Take the best resolution as possible and you can always reduce to fit on the internet later. If you take lesser resolution pictures you can never make them bigger without distortion.

Marc.