PDA

View Full Version : Border Crossing with Bow

Chillybilly
10-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Does any one know the rules on crossing the border with my hunting bow and equipment? I am going to Texas again this december and thinking of trying for one with my bow this year.
Thanks Chilly

NickH
10-19-2010, 11:19 AM
I bought my bow from the states a couple years ago and had no problem getting into Canada with it and arrows. Even though the border guard came out and promptly dropped my brand new bow on the road. :mad:

Not sure what will happen going into the US though.

Nick

Steelpulse
10-19-2010, 11:24 AM
I travel from Kamloop's to Ontario on a regular basis with my bow and its no problem also from Kamloop's to Florida with my Bow to hunt boar once a year and its never a problem. Just take it let the ticket desk person let them know its a hunting bow and they throw a sticker on it you sign form and then take the bow to a special baggage x-ray machine and they sometimes ask some questions but I have never had a problem with it.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-19-2010, 12:13 PM
have never had an issue ..... Its not a weapon ... its sporting equipment .... just like Golf clubs.

the sticker and form is a declaration of ownership before you entered the USA ... that sticker proves you didnt buy it while you were in the states therfore you wont be dinged duty etc.....on your way back

islandboy
10-19-2010, 12:26 PM
..... Its not a weapon ... its sporting equipment .... just like Golf clubs.

Tiger W might disagree with the weapon part of that. :mrgreen:

proguide66
10-19-2010, 12:31 PM
I did Can / US/NZ with a hard bow case with my goodies packed in it...no probs..but when the girls at Vancouver asked what I was doing with it and I told em hunting , they said flat out " we dont like you then"...blah blah...got to NZ and the customs people asked what was in it , told em'bow' they asked if it was "loaded??"...bahaaaaa..yes serious.

Chillybilly
10-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I will be traveling by car across the border and flying out of Seattle. Sounds like I will take it! I may give the USA border a call and check with them before I go.

Thanks Wayne

Bowzone_Mikey
10-19-2010, 02:53 PM
when SammyQBC went to Italy for world 3D archery Championships ... she drove to Seatle and flew from there ...with alot more than 1 bow .....and more accurate scopes and sights than any "hunting bow"

thinks about that for a second .....Bows are not firearms(maybe in the eyes of the idiotic game hunting regulations of this province ....but not in the eyes of any law enforcement agency that matters in this case ...ie: border patrol, Homeland sec etc....) .... there is no "MIlspec" for Archery products .....

therefore ... no problem

rollingrock
10-20-2010, 04:00 PM
I ordered my BW on line and brought it in across the border without any issue. Just paid a bit tax on it.

BowSitter
10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
I've traveled over the border a few times by car with a bow and never had a problem.

Chillybilly
10-21-2010, 08:58 AM
Thanks Guys . Off to Texas Dec 1st with my bow!

Chilly

lnelson
11-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I crossed into the states in Abbotsford in August and back in September after my CO elk hunt with absolutely no problems. They were much more worried about what they could tax rather than my string gun.