PDA

View Full Version : Secret spot... not anymore

hoochie
10-19-2010, 04:10 AM
Having scouted a location for the past few weekends, my wife and I found a great spot in 2-8. Deer tacks everywhere, we found an antler, and every time we went there we saw new tracks and usually saw this buck come out on a cut in the morning and again in the afternoon. He wasnt the largest buck out there, but still a decent one at that.
So this past weekend, we are sitting in a great spot to watch this cut where there area several deer trails. As we are there with binoculars, spotting scope and rifle out... along comes this truck down the dead end road. No, wait its 2 jeeps. So they go past us without even a nod or a wave. I told my wife " dont worry about it, the jeeps are quiet and they will turn around and be gone in a minute".
Well, they went about 100 yards from us and never left. I was wondering what the heck they were doing. They can obviously see we are hunting, and the longer they are down there, the more I am thinking of calling it off. Then, down the road comes another jeep... uhhh.. no... that would be 5 more jeeps.
So we stand up, I grab the camera, spotting scope etc and my wife grabs her rifle. As these guys approach us one of them says " wooo! eh Bra! yeeeuuuuw!"
So its a 500 yard dead end road which nobody has gone down while we have been there over the last few weeks, and the day we are gunna make it all happen.. the "N" drivers want a party beside us?
I guess there is no such thing as a "secret spot".

Stone Sheep Steve
10-19-2010, 04:21 AM
I guess there is no such thing as a "secret spot".

No, no such thing as a secret spot....................... beside a road:?.

SSS

Dragginbait
10-19-2010, 05:24 AM
Well, if you go back the next day you can at least pay for your fuel with the empties you pick up:icon_frow

J_T
10-19-2010, 05:27 AM
Doesn't hunter recruitment start with getting kids out into the forest? Seems to be more and more of it. And with BC's new drinking laws, the youth are now taking pup tents and sleeping bags. Not coming home until legally ready.

Sure isn't what you want when your thinking your getting into when you make plans for a quiet hunt.

kennyj
10-19-2010, 06:49 AM
Your spot will still be a good spot. Vehicles don't bother deer.
kenny

Devilbear
10-19-2010, 07:30 AM
What "language" were these characters speaking, I cannot translate the words you posted? ;)

slicky72
10-19-2010, 07:44 AM
head north ...

boxhitch
10-19-2010, 07:54 AM
Sounds like an early start for a bush party. Maybe a mud hole involved ?
Hadn't considered this to be a stepping stone for getting kids involved in hunting. Not sure the wildlife experience they are seeking has anything to do with hunting of animals.

Big Lew
10-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Your spot will still be a good spot. Vehicles don't bother deer.
kenny
I fully agree, vehicles don't bother deer. My young brother foreman's a logging show in the Interior and they have deer around their equipment or within sight almost every day. Some are monster bucks. A lot of hunters think someone firing a shot will scare deer out of area as well, but unless they fire several, about all a shot will do is get them to stand up and look around, and normally not even that. A single rifle shot is hard to determine it's location, and it's sound doesn't travel very far. Go back the next weekend and try again.

Squamch
10-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Too bad. I hope their taste in vehicles improves.