PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Deer

the sentencer
10-18-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm sure i've read this in the regs before but can't find it. How many deer can you have in your possession at one time? I wanting to go hunting for bucks in two different regions in one hunting trip (mulies). So say I was to shoot one and then drive to another region with the buck still in the truck would I get into a battle with a CO insisting i'm not taking two deer out of the same spot or are you legally allowed to have a couple with you at once? Thanks for any help with this!

urbanhermit
10-18-2010, 07:58 PM
how big is your truck?

happyhunter
10-18-2010, 08:01 PM
Well you should have a cut tag from 2 different regions. If you have those tags and proof of sex and all that jazz then you are following the law.
But I would be concerned with taking care of all that meat, keeping it clean and cool as you transport it from different regions.

urbanhermit
10-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Well you should have a cut tag from 2 different regions. If you have those tags and proof of sex and all that jazz then you are following the law.
But I would be concerned with taking care of all that meat, keeping it clean and cool as you transport it from different regions.
good one, quality over quantity.

boxhitch
10-18-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't think there is a possession limit , if you have the tags to match.
but may be something about the number of uncanceled tags one can have ? will have to look that one up
In Oct or Nov temps, its very conceivable to bag one in one region, take care of it properly, and move to another area to continue hunting.
Would be prudent to have witnesses and photos to back up your story incase of a game check.

Trevorg
10-18-2010, 09:03 PM
i didnt think you could take 2 mulie bucks even if they were in different regions? if its doable im gonna need to make a trip to region 5 next weekend.

Bighorn hunter
10-18-2010, 09:17 PM
i didnt think you could take 2 mulie bucks even if they were in different regions? if its doable im gonna need to make a trip to region 5 next weekend.

Start making those plans:mrgreen:

BH

the sentencer
10-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the information. The way I understand it you can take 3 bucks as long as there all in different regions.
I'm not woried about the meat going bad either with the cooler weather in the end of October.

Bistchen
10-19-2010, 08:07 PM
You can take 2 bucks in region 2 !!!