PDA

View Full Version : SAR Equipment Stolen- Okanagan

cmarrie
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Just thought I'd post this in case anyone comes across the stolen items while out and about. Hopefully the equipment will be recovered soon.

http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/57589/Equipment-stolen-from-COSAR

sparkymacker
10-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Nothing is too low for some people; stealing from Search and Rescue is like robbing the Food Bank!:twisted: Lot of money there, hope they recover the items! (well except for the Can Am Atv's.....probably better off without those:mrgreen:)

cmarrie
10-18-2010, 03:48 PM
update...some items recovered:

COSAR retrieves some stolen items (http://www.castanet.net/news/Kelowna/57620/COSAR-retrieves-some-stolen-items)

by Castanet Staff - Story: 57620
Oct 18, 2010 / 2:00 pm

Several items stolen over the last week from the Central Okanagan Search and Rescue Hall over the past week have been recovered.

RCMP say a Ford F350, trailer and an ATV were all recovered Sunday afternoon.

The items were discovered on Beaver Lake Road near the Rim trail.

Two 500cc Bombardier ATVs that were on the trailer at the time of the theft have not yet been recovered.

Dan Schlosser, COSAR Public Relations/SAR Manager, says the items are vital to the operation of Central Okanagan Search and Rescue.

They were last seen Monday, October 11 at the search hall on Old Vernon Road.

Pete
10-18-2010, 09:14 PM
A lot of people out there think that Search and Rescue personal are paid and that we get our equipment bought for us. This is Not the case. We are unpaid professional volunteers who through hard work, fund raising and grant applications buy our own gear, specialized equipment and training. Our sole goal is to assist the RCMP in finding lost and missing person and to support and aid our communities in time of need. When gear like this is stolen it lessens this groups ability to be able to respond to emergencies. The group has put in many hours of dedicated work to buy these machines. It is a really sad state of affairs when these scum bags steal from a volunteer group like SAR. I truly do hope that they get caught and that they get what is coming to them.

TPB
10-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Who in the right mind steals from a public safety/rescue organization such as the Search and Rescue especially when it's volunteer. Like the post said before me stealing the SaR equipment is like stealing food from a food bank, how low can you get?!?

Spy
10-18-2010, 09:37 PM
I just hate thieves!:twisted: I think its time that they get dealt with accordingly Ie cut off a finger or two, theft will stop overnight.:wink:

landphil
10-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I just hate thieves!:twisted: I think its time that they get dealt with accordingly Ie cut off a finger or two, theft will stop overnight.:wink:

Agreed, one appendage per offence, the 5th one's gonna suck!:eek:

I hope the offenders get lost!

wos
10-18-2010, 09:58 PM
And the the asses who stole the quads will get lost in the bush, run out of gas, spend a night in the cold out doors and bitch that it took so long for someone to find them!