PDA

View Full Version : Question About Hunting License

DaBears
10-18-2010, 09:52 AM
I have a friend that i'm engaged in a debate with about going out hunting when you don't have a hunting license.

My friend is stating that it's completely ok to go out and do this aslong as you are with someone who has a valid hunting license and your following all the rules. *He only has a valid PAL*

In my opinion, I don't think this is right at all... could you guys please help:???:

bforce750
10-18-2010, 09:58 AM
No need to post this, you already know the answer...no license....no hunting....period

DaBears
10-18-2010, 10:06 AM
I knew i was right . Thankyou

I doubt it will stop him from going out with his buddy and doing this ... buh atleast i'm right with this ..

I'm extremely bothered by this ...and i have told him that not only is he putting himself at risk buh he's also putting the person who has a valid license at risk of losing everything,and a fine/Possible jail time ..

tomahawk
10-18-2010, 10:11 AM
I knew i was right . Thankyou

I doubt it will stop him from going out with his buddy and doing this ... buh atleast i'm right with this ..

I'm extremely bothered by this ...and i have told him that not only is he putting himself at risk buh he's also putting the person who has a valid license at risk of losing everything,and a fine/Possible jail time ..

He will not have any doubt that he is wrong about this if he gets stopped!!

gibblewabble
10-18-2010, 10:13 AM
Unless he is between the age of 10 and 14 he needs a valid hunting license and even then you need to purchase a junior license, honestly the government always takes its piece of the pie. Tell him to read the beginning of the synopsis that should put it to bed.

Kirby
10-18-2010, 10:21 AM
Is he hunting??? If he is just going along there is nothing illegal about it. If he is hunting then he needs a license.

My gf comes with me often when I go hunting, nothing illegal about her going for a walk with me while I hunt...

Kirby

Climbhigher
10-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Before I had my CORE I used to go out with my buddies when they hunted. I carried a shotgun w/sabots for backup where bears were concerned, however you would have a hard time justifying carrying a hunting rifle if the CO ever stopped you. I just went to enjoy the outdoors and help carry meat... and of course share in the proceeds for all my hard work ;)

DaBears
10-18-2010, 10:29 AM
thank you tons guys for the all the feedback!! yet he's still arguing the fact lmao

bforce750
10-18-2010, 10:31 AM
thank you tons guys for the all the feedback!! yet he's still arguing the fact lmao

Tell hi to phone a CO Office and see what kind of response he gets or phone for him, have him present on speaker phone:???:

gibblewabble
10-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Good point Kirby, I assumed he was going out with a rifle to hunt. It is fine if he isn't hunting I have buddies come out once in awhile its one way to get more hunters involved.

DaBears
10-18-2010, 10:56 AM
Tell hi to phone a CO Office and see what kind of response he gets or phone for him, have him present on speaker phone:???:

i just banged off an email to 'conservation.officer.service@gov.bc.ca' detailing everything .. this should settle it

happyhunter
10-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Not to complicate things but if he wishes to hunt something without a hunting licence he may hunt "schedule C" critters. Check the synopsis for the schedule C list and remember that you do need a hunting licence for these 4 schedule C birds -northwestern crow, american crow, black billed magpie, brown headed cowbird (unless on private property)

DaBears
10-18-2010, 11:51 AM
thx again guys!

boxhitch
10-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Good point Kirby, I assumed he was going out with a rifle to hunt. It is fine if he isn't hunting I have buddies come out once in awhile its one way to get more hunters involved.Check the definition of 'hunting' in the regs. It is a large lasso , no firearms required.

Squamch
10-18-2010, 12:05 PM
I was told last season that my "hunting partner" was ok to carry an unloaded shotgun while I carried my rifle and ammo for the shotgun. He was acting as a gun bearer who had a valid PAL.

DaBears
10-18-2010, 12:06 PM
i just banged off an email to 'conservation.officer.service@gov.bc.ca' detailing everything .. this should settle it

here is the response

Hi _______ and thanks for your email. If your friend wanted to hunt, he would need a hunting licence and thus would have to complete the pre-requirements in order to get a hunter number. The exception would be if he was a status Indian as defined under the Indian Act. Hope this helps and please let me know if you would like further information. As an FYI, if you need some further evidence, please see Section 11 of the Wildlife Act. http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96488_01#section11 (http://www.bclaws.ca/EPLibraries/bclaws_new/document/ID/freeside/00_96488_01#section11)

KodiakHntr
10-18-2010, 01:15 PM
I have a friend that i'm engaged in a debate with about going out hunting when you don't have a hunting license.

My friend is stating that it's completely ok to go out and do this aslong as you are with someone who has a valid hunting license and your following all the rules. *He only has a valid PAL*

In my opinion, I don't think this is right at all... could you guys please help:???:

This first post is really quite vague.

What do you mean by going out hunting? As in tagging along with his licenced buddy? Or do you mean he's carrying a rifle and trying to fill the other guys tag?

Really big difference there.

DaBears
10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
going out hunting when you don't have a hunting license?

seems pretty clear to me .......

KodiakHntr
10-18-2010, 02:30 PM

What do you mean by going out hunting? As in tagging along with his licenced buddy? Or do you mean he's carrying a rifle and trying to fill the other guys tag?

going out hunting when you don't have a hunting license?

seems pretty clear to me .......

Really? So which is it then?

If you figure its that clear then could you clarify which it is? My 7yr old goes out hunting with me all the time, doesn't mean she is trying to fill my tag.

Squamch
10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Really? So which is it then?

If you figure its that clear then could you clarify which it is? My 7yr old goes out hunting with me all the time, doesn't mean she is trying to fill my tag.

Exactly, that's where the CO said the details mattered.

Slinky Pickle
10-18-2010, 02:35 PM
"hunt" includes shooting at, attracting, searching for, chasing, pursuing, following after or on the trail of, stalking or lying in wait for wildlife, or attempting to do any of those things, whether or not the wildlife is then or subsequently wounded, killed or captured,

(a) with intention to capture the wildlife, or
(b) while in possession of a firearm or other weapon;

If he packs a gun, he's hunting and breaking the law. If he's not packing a gun then he's ok. All bets are off if he's carrying a pocket knife :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

DaBears
10-18-2010, 02:46 PM
hunting without a hunting license? if he was just tagging along i would have said .. tagging along ........ hes trying to say it's ok for him *WHO IS A VALID PAL HOLDER* TO GO OUT AND HUNT without a Hunting license....aslong as he is with some1 who has a hunting license

bforce750
10-18-2010, 03:22 PM

Don't think you need to over anylize this one:wink:

KodiakHntr
10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
hunting without a hunting license? if he was just tagging along i would have said .. tagging along ........ hes trying to say it's ok for him *WHO IS A VALID PAL HOLDER* TO GO OUT AND HUNT without a Hunting license....aslong as he is with some1 who has a hunting license

So what you are saying is that he is trying to fill the other guys tag then....Or are you being purposely vague here?

Not all animals require a hunting licence to be hunted, as has been stated above....

Hunt for what? Roosevelts? Or Bullfrogs?

sawmill
10-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Don't think you need to over anylize this one:wink:

X2,need some one to whack you with a stick?

DaBears
10-18-2010, 03:46 PM
So what you are saying is that he is trying to fill the other guys tag then....Or are you being purposely vague here?

Not all animals require a hunting licence to be hunted, as has been stated above....

Hunt for what? Roosevelts? Or Bullfrogs?

no he's wanting to go off and /kill somthing like a deer or grouse.. just like his legal buddy and take it home.... his kill for himself ... and it's ok because he's with some1 that has a hunting license even thoe he doesn't ... sorry i didn't make that clear enough lol :?

KodiakHntr
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
X2,need some one to whack you with a stick?

Don't like the questions, don't open the thread.....Pretty simple.

If you'd like to make good on the offer though, the next time I'm heading through the Koot's I'll stop and let you try....

KodiakHntr
10-18-2010, 03:55 PM
no he's wanting to go off and /kill somthing like a deer or grouse.. just like his legal buddy and take it home.... his kill for himself ... and it's ok because he's with some1 that has a hunting license even thoe he doesn't ... sorry i didn't make that clear enough lol :?

No worries, was simply curious. I've met a few guys that have had the same mindset....

Toss him a copy of the synopsis and bet him a box of beer to see if he can find somewhere that it says he can do that....

bforce750
10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
Don't like the questions, don't open the thread.....Pretty simple.

If you'd like to make good on the offer though, the next time I'm heading through the Koot's I'll stop and let you try....

We'll have two sticks waiting for ya we'll knock the female right out of you:-D...no offence ladies
just kiddin kodiak:)

DaBears
10-18-2010, 04:06 PM
No worries, was simply curious. I've met a few guys that have had the same mindset....

Toss him a copy of the synopsis and bet him a box of beer to see if he can find somewhere that it says he can do that....

i tossed him a reply email from

A/ Division Initiatives Manager
Compliance Division
Ministry of Environment. :mrgreen:

And he is still being stupid about it .... in my opinion u mines well go poaching .. it's no better

Tenacious Billy
10-18-2010, 04:24 PM

Compliance Division

And he is still being stupid about it .... in my opinion u mines well go poaching .. it's no better

It would be poaching......

urbanhermit
10-18-2010, 04:26 PM

Compliance Division

did he say he was going to do the shooting?

The Dawg
10-18-2010, 04:30 PM
His name isnt Jeff is it? lol

I know a guy like that up here. Says its ok to hunt without one cause his friend has tags and license.

DaBears
10-18-2010, 04:42 PM
did he say he was going to do the shooting?

honestly ? do people even read the responses LOL.. don't mean to be rude .. buh if you guys read up u'll see all the info you need to give 2 bits to the thread :)

DaBears
10-18-2010, 04:43 PM
His name isnt Jeff is it? lol

I know a guy like that up here. Says its ok to hunt without one cause his friend has tags and license.

ahaha no Noah his name is not Jeff. buh maybe they should get together and go poaching together LOL

urbanhermit
10-18-2010, 04:51 PM
honestly ? do people even read the responses LOL.. don't mean to be rude .. buh if you guys read up u'll see all the info you need to give 2 bits to the thread :)
just trying to get if he's just yanking your leg or completely stupid. youre not rude, just not clear at first.

Shooter
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
Shooting a large game animal without a TAG is poaching whether you have a valid hunting license or not. Just tell him to get a tag for whatever he is hunting for with his buddies and he will be good to go....... Of course he will need the license to get the tag...

DaBears
10-18-2010, 05:09 PM
Shooting a large game animal without a TAG is poaching whether you have a valid hunting license or not. Just tell him to get a tag for whatever he is hunting for with his buddies and he will be good to go....... Of course he will need the license to get the tag...

yea he doesn't even have a resident hunters number .... he needs to goto the course .... he will end up going as i've been bagging on him tons about it .... im just a concerned hunter worrying too much about a friend..

Ltbullken
10-18-2010, 09:16 PM
If he's not carrying a firearm, he can 'tag' along. If he's carrying a rifle, a CO will bust him for sure!

boxhitch
10-19-2010, 09:46 AM
.....And he is still being stupid about it .... in my opinion u mines well go poaching .. it's no better
It IS poaching.
So he is stupid and a poacher........who needs the stick treatment ?

im just a concerned hunter worrying too much about a friend..Some friend