PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Hunt..Jamieson..Batchlor

roblikestohunt
10-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Well went out for a little Sunday hunt today with a friend of mine thats in Kamloops for the weekend, Grabbed a java at timmys 6 am and headed for jamieson creek area, We were up at the top of Bob creek at around 7am, Walked some cut blocks saw 4 nice looking does, but no sign of any bucks following, Drove a little furthur up then headed back down, Went up wentworth and decided to follow it back around and come out a batchlor, There was a fair amount of Hunting activity, although the fellows we talked to hadnt seen anything all morning, We did see 3 more does on the wentworth road and then turned on to Rushiton Creek, Came around a corner and saw a nice 4 point close to Inskip lake.. just in to the tree line..It was gone running just as fast as we could get the truck stopped, never mind getting a shot..On the way down we turned on to Sawmill lake and there was a nice little 2 point 60-70 yards off to the side barely in the trees, I jumped out with the 270 and looked at him in the crosshairs, one shot and he dropped right where he was standing, Now i was pretty thrilled with this as some of you know because of work committments i dont get a lot of time to hunt,My buddy also got a shot at a 4 point a little furthur down, Was at about 100 yards and up hill but missed and we watched him bounce through the bush and out of sight...All and all it was a great day...Saw 9 does in total, 3 bucks, Have one hanging in the garage,:-D 1 bear, No Moose:icon_frow..No grouse...:(

Caveman
10-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Congrats Rob! Way to get it done! Some more fine steaks by the sound of it.

roblikestohunt
10-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Thanks...it was great to get out and even better to get some meat of my own..:-D My hearts still pumping from seeing him drop...Had not shot a rifle in over a year...Good feeling..

Congrats Rob! Way to get it done! Some more fine steaks by the sound of it.

tuffteddyb
10-17-2010, 04:45 PM
congrats!!
sounds like me with no time.
but got a chance to sneek up to p.g for a bit and got to bag my first moose.

slicky72
10-17-2010, 04:47 PM
congrats! thanks for the update on current conditions.

roblikestohunt
10-17-2010, 04:49 PM
Also wanted to mention, Skiff of snow at the top of Bob Creek..Also rushtion creek fsr had a little snow and Inskip lake almost frozen over...Another buddy of mine got a 3 point 35kms up jamieson this morning as well...

congrats! thanks for the update on current conditions.

r106
10-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Good job on the buck.
I haven't been seeing any grouse either

TIKA 300
10-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Congrats on the buck

Good job on the buck.
I haven't been seeing any grouse either

We were the opposite last weekend,north of Kamloops,seeing o lot of grouse,but no deer :cry:

Jelvis
10-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Another successful Kamloops hunt as usual just a fun tastic spot to nail a buck er two, buck er roo ..
Jelly Bo freekin deli ( J My Son ) Crickster doez the trickster .. real goodster
Connie Grat chew lationz ... manno manno book em danno .. hang that deer high.

roblikestohunt
10-17-2010, 05:28 PM
You always crack me right up:lol:...Read almost all your posts on here, Sometimes im even confused..hahaha...Obviously a man full of knowledge about the kamloops area.. and according to some of the comments made by other members...Also a man full of something else that i cant mention here...jk...lol

Another successful Kamloops hunt as usual just a fun tastic spot to nail a buck er two, buck er roo ..
Jelly Bo freekin deli ( J My Son ) Crickster doez the trickster .. real goodster
Connie Grat chew lationz ... manno manno book em danno .. hang that deer high.