PDA

View Full Version : A silent 8x7 witness no more.

gamehunter6o
10-17-2010, 03:31 PM
I have stayed out of all threads on what has now become a sorry saga.
The E-mail re H47 thread was locked but made me see red.
The facts are as follows....
I was in H47s camp 16th to 29th Sep, not hunting, just enjoying EK in the fall for the 2nd year. The first few days I scouted with 2 others in camp, getting a feel for where the game was, then set out on my own, climbing onto a logged knob near the bush edge some 300ft above the only road.
This place looked the best option for me and my video camera.
On the 20th, H47 and I did some driving around and called in to see 86yr old Arki for a yarn and an offer of firewood or if he needed anything. He said he had no need for a fire, thanks, so we left him and just a km later we were stopped by a guy in a car wanting to know where he can find Arki. He had come out to check on his frail friend with a heart condition. We gave directions and headed to camp.
That night a bull had travelled off my knob, across the road and back up again and for me it was all on. I haunted that knob, night and morn.
On the 23rd, I came down onto the road and a bull bugled just in the bush edge but I ran out of light. I told H47 that bull will be crossing around there. H47 headed there early next morn, (Friday) and I stayed in camp to head for Cranbrook to get a wheel alignment done on my van before
business closure. Around 8am, as I was helping Blacktailstalker pack up camp, H47 came into camp and was he pissed off. NOT with not shooting an 8x7 as much as Arkis attitude after.
I saw the photos and video there and then and I saw where the bull fell and the distances involved. H47s story is 100% correct and I back all that Blacktailstalker has related on this matter.
I personally am happy that an 86yr old can still get out in the bush and shoot a great head. H47 and I have 23yrs each to go.

I refrained from entering any posts on this matter, as I have first hand experience of how even a "good mates" attitude can dramatically alter when a big one is on the ground.:cry: Inhuman nature I suppose.

At 86, I know H47 will still be hunting from a camp full of friends, not hunting alone.:-D

Bighorn hunter
10-17-2010, 04:35 PM
At 86, I know H47 will still be hunting from a camp full of friends, not hunting alone.:-D[/quote]

Well said,,,,, I too have met H47 and believe the upper statement to be bang on and would be willing to put money on it:-D

Hope he finds the big one this year,, but if not, it will happen in the years to come.

Cheers
BH

steel_ram
10-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Personally I'm embarassed for all you "men" that even typed anything about this episode on the internet, including H47's original thread. Your supposed to be adults, able to resolve or get over it. Not adolescents crying on the internet because their mommies won't listen.

Moosetalker
10-17-2010, 05:49 PM
would like to hear the other side from Arki, sounds like a lot of jealousy happening.