PDA

View Full Version : Any Snow on Bench Creek?

PointMan
10-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Any of you guys been up the Bench Creek way, near the top of Mt Scaia in the Galloping Hills? I'm planning on taking my son and a couple of his buddies up there the end of this month to stay in the snowmobile cabin for a birthday outing, but if the cabin is going to be full of sledders I'll have to find somewhere else. If you guys could keep me posted of the snow level (assuming you're in that area) over the next couple of weeks, it would be great, hate to have to make the drive for nothing.

boxhitch
10-17-2010, 06:46 PM
My guess is there won't be much sled traffic in October.........normally. Things can change though with a big dump.
There is a cabin with public access ? Quewl

Yotapup
10-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I've never heard of said cabin, but I know public cabins do exist. Used to be one about 46kms up east harrison at what many will know as Clear Creek Hotsprings. heavy snow fall since collapsed the roof and it was torn down for safety reasons.

boxhitch
10-17-2010, 07:53 PM
........east harrison .........Not relevant

Dirty Steve
10-18-2010, 07:18 AM
Was up there on Sat. Definatly snow, not much though. Absolutely nothing moving! Hiked right up to the top of Scaia. Pretty amazing country. Make sure you have good rubber and 4x4, the road is nasty up to Scaia. There's 2 or 3 cabins up there, I think one is an outfitters cabin.