PDA

View Full Version : Region 2, need quick tips

Yotapup
10-16-2010, 07:03 PM
Lookin to go out to probably Skagit Valley tomorrow for a buck. Should I use calls, stalk and spot, hide out... Would skagit be a decent area, or should I venture out a bit farther.

Thanks in advance

NaStY
10-16-2010, 07:08 PM
I would head out farther like the coq or even further. Skagit gets alot of traffic on the weekends. Unless you want to put some miles on your boots. Theirs lots of mountain range that never gets traffic but you need to go pretty deep.....

Hope that helps.......

steelheadSABO
10-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Find the grassy overgrown stuff down near the end of the road before you hit the gate and skagit river you will see it gets thick and mossy get out and walk find old skidder trails *tips* *tips*

Yotapup
10-16-2010, 07:15 PM
Yeah, was thinking a bit more up the coq as well, but I'm kinda limited as to where I can go without putting some serious miles on my boots. Driving a honda civic hatch-back (yeah, I know, laugh it up... I crammed a bear into it in spring :D)

New truck is in the works.

Any ideas on calls, from what I've read, rut is a bit early... so...?

steelheadSABO
10-16-2010, 07:17 PM
I don't think calls would do too much until abit later but worth the try also sjagit is honda civic ford pinto accesable :)

Yotapup
10-16-2010, 07:17 PM
oh yeah... time of day, what is better? I'm thinking of being on the road early.

Yotapup
10-16-2010, 07:18 PM
I don't think calls would do too much until abit later but worth the try also sjagit is honda civic ford pinto accesable :)

yeah, thats where I got my bear close too the end of the road, near the park zone. Seen LOTS of deer up there during spring, thats why I'm tempted to go back

twoSevenO
10-16-2010, 07:31 PM
unless you go OVER the coq i doubt you'll have much of a chance for spot & stalk. Either you see them and shoot, or you don't see them ... at least i find that's what most of the LM terrain is like ...

steelheadSABO
10-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I think skagit would be good in the evening but probably just as good in the morning

Yotapup
10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
yeah thats what I figured. Again, we had a hard time not running the *******s over when bear hunting in spring up skagit... considered going out to squamish to visit my sister and hunt all day sunday, but I really don't know the area and my tag-a-long isn't proficient enough to carry a bear back up

keoke
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I got a spiker in sept in the skaggit valley, it was only a couple hundred feet from the main road. I suggest to stop randomly along the main road and walk in, it is pretty thick at the road but alot of it opens up after 100' or so. Look for fresh sign, come back in the morning and wait. FYI the west side of the road is mostly swamp, i learned the hard way.