PDA

View Full Version : LEH help

Hunter4life
05-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I just got my leh paper and was very interested in the new youth draws for elk in the sechelt. It says that most of the area in the zone 2-05 B is private land. I want to know if i do put in and win (i know im an optimist) how hard do you think it would be to get access to hunt the private property and what month is best between dec, jan or feb? I baisically want to know if its worth the money to put in for that draw since i dont know anyone in or anything about the area. thanks for any opinions.

hunter4life

Geo.338
05-16-2006, 05:55 PM
It seems that landowners either love,m or hate'm and permission hangs on that.Good luck .

moose hunter
05-16-2006, 06:51 PM
me and my dad went down there when he got the draw but we know a farmer there

Hunter4life
05-16-2006, 07:30 PM
me and my dad went down there when he got the draw but we know a farmer there

How was your trip, did you get anything?

moose hunter
05-16-2006, 07:37 PM
yup we got a cow elk on the first day, we went for a wuyick evenming drive and we picked out a nice fat one at the bushline out of 3 cows in the last light

Iron-Head
05-16-2006, 08:40 PM
Moose hunter you cant be talking about Sechelt as there are no LEH for cow Elk any where in region 2.
Best of luck on getting the draw, I will be putting in for it as well.
Symon

Woody
05-17-2006, 06:04 AM
I have elk through my place all the time and if you get a draw more than welcome to shoot here, could help with the neibours as well

3kills
05-17-2006, 09:06 AM
woody an invitation like that is going to make a big increase in the elk draws for that area...every hbc member will apply now lol...

lip_ripper00
05-17-2006, 09:32 AM
woody an invitation like that is going to make a big increase in the elk draws for that area...every hbc member will apply now lol...
I put in for this area anyway have a better chance of getting hit with a Soviet satalite;)

Hunter4life
05-17-2006, 03:32 PM
Hey woody i will gladly take you up on your offer if i win, i think i have a decent chance as the draw is for youth and archery only. but i think i might have to bribe symon not to put in for it so that i have less competition!!

thanks for the advice guys

hunter4life

Iron-Head
05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
Sorry man LEH'S are already bought so no way im backing out now:-D .
Symon

Elkhound
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
Moose hunter you cant be talking about Sechelt as there are no LEH for cow Elk any where in region 2.
Best of luck on getting the draw, I will be putting in for it as well.
Symon

Symon is right. Has been Bulls only on the coast here. You will have no problems getting permission to hunt private land. Contact the CO and he will happily give you a list of names to contact if you get the draw. Landowners comlain about the Elk constantly.
But no offense, I hope Symon get it. I have one picked out for him

Hunter4life
05-18-2006, 03:12 PM
How big are the average bulls in the area? just wondering because it is a transplanted population and not sure how the gentics survive. Its not that im a trophy hunter but its always nice to dream about a chance at a big one :rolleyes:

Elkhound
05-18-2006, 03:19 PM
The genetics are great. Lots of nice bulls. Deer hunting I see anything from beautiful 6pters to 7x7s and the largest I have seen was a 7x8 bull. Not uncommon to have bulls 800-1200lbs. And thats coming from our wildlife biologist. Buddies and I have helped with the relocation project

Deerwhacker
05-19-2006, 08:55 PM
Even though its archery equipment and youth only it seems like the odds of getting this draw arent so good . But still im gunna put in on it, it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the regs up an I figure it would be a good draw for febuary when theres nothing else to hunt.

Hunter4life
05-19-2006, 10:15 PM
Even though its archery equipment and youth only it seems like the odds of getting this draw arent so good . But still im gunna put in on it, it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the regs up an I figure it would be a good draw for febuary when theres nothing else to hunt.

yeah i think that the odds will be around 20:1 since there is only 2 tags for each month, but who knows :rolleyes: