PDA

View Full Version : Empty Freezer PG Deer locations in early Nov?

emerson
10-16-2010, 12:55 PM
It looks like deer will be my last chance this season when I'm back from work in early November. Any freezer filling advice or high percentage spots for meat within a couple hours of PG? Thanks.

twoSevenO
10-16-2010, 01:20 PM
M&M meat shops is pretty high percentage spot i would say.

Seriously though, how can you not find deer in prince george? People from the lower mainland travel up there to go hunting, so there must be enough animals there to warrant them driving for 9 hours ... what am i missing here?

tinhorse
10-16-2010, 01:41 PM
baldy hughs.... during my university days we took many many many deer right there.

pitbell
10-16-2010, 02:43 PM
People travel to PG because of the calf moose season NOT because of the deer hunting. You will want to drive a couple of hours in any direction (Chetwynd, Mcbride, Quesnell, Fraser Lake) to improve your chances.

jml11
10-16-2010, 05:42 PM
M&M meat shops is pretty high percentage spot i would say.

Seriously though, how can you not find deer in prince george? People from the lower mainland travel up there to go hunting, so there must be enough animals there to warrant them driving for 9 hours ... what am i missing here?

There are pockets that have ok deer hunting around PG but I don't think anyone travels to hunt them here as overall it is not that great. Surrounding areas are much better. You might be thinking of the peace country? People will drive all the way up there for deer but usually fly right through PG or stop in williams lake area.

There are antlerless seasons coming up, look to those for a meat deer.

todbartell
10-16-2010, 05:54 PM
never heard of PG being a hotbed of deer hunting, although there is always pockets of good deer. I would head towards Quesnel and do some deer hunting there