PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever tried this??

curt
10-16-2010, 11:21 AM
Just out of shear curiousty I am wondering??? Have any of you ever tried shooting your compound bow while resting your arm on a shooting stick??? I was messing around the other day and trying some longer shots and it was a bit windy pushing my bow around so I grabbed my mono pod stuck it in the ground and rested my forearm on the stand it actually worked pretty damn good i was impressed!!! If a guy had the time on a long shot like 50-70 yards i would definately consider it!?!?!

calvin L
10-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Nope I have never done that . But have you ever shot your bow sitting on a horse ?

Bowzone_Mikey
10-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Lmao!!!!!!
Done that with a cross-bow ...never with an upright bow

Ruger4
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Nope I have never done that . But have you ever shot your bow sitting on a horse ?

works excellent :mrgreen:

Bow Walker
10-16-2010, 08:36 PM
There is actually a product on the market that straps to your waist and has a stiff-arm projecting out that ends in a cup-like support for your forearm that's holding the bow. I can't recall the name or where I saw it but it does stick in my mind.

OK for target shooting (non-competition) but pretty awkward for hunting, I'd think.

curt
10-17-2010, 09:15 AM
shooting from a horse would be interesting to say the least but I'm not a big horse fan. I like the type of horses with keys and you put gas into so to answer your question NO!!:)

Bow Walker
10-17-2010, 09:42 AM
There's a piece of video on the net about a guy shooting multiple targets while riding a horse at something like 20 mph. He shoots an Asian "horse bow" and he is very, very good. It's worth seeing.