PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Deer Hunting

upcomer
10-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Hey guys,

So I've been hunting region 8 like a madman since Sept 10th, with no luck other than some grouse. I'm looking to migrate over to region 3-18 / 3-19 area. I have a friend there that says that there are some deer around the Helmer Lake area. Any reviews or thoughts about that area, or any other general area's anyone could help me out with. Not looking for anyone honey holes, just looking for any buck!! Thanks in advance I appreciate it, and so does my empty freezer!

Cheers'

3kills
10-16-2010, 07:08 AM
helmer lake area is hammered pretty hard and has also been logged out pretty bad there. we went through there the other day and there must have been close to 20 campers in there. moose draws area open and guys out there hunting hard

upcomer
10-16-2010, 04:57 PM
Thanks for the tips. Anyone else know of any decent spots you wouldnt mind sharing? Tnx

johnk
10-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Greenstone Mountain around Dominic Resort is always a good bet.

roblikestohunt
10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Go a little furthur in towards Kamloops....Jamieson...Bob creek, wentworth...all pretty good right now...Have 4 buddys that have had success in that area this year...Good Luck

jsdboy
10-17-2010, 10:22 AM
check out 3-29 heading up Sawmill main. spent a week up there trying to fill my LEH moose tag (skunked) but got a nice meat buck. only saw a couple hundred deer (including whitetail does). area not too raped by the logging, good access, especially if you wanna get out of your truck and actually hunt:mrgreen: