PDA

View Full Version : 3 Deer Weekend (Graphic, and Pic Heavy)

hunterofthedeer
10-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Well my buddies family invited me to go with them to region 5-03 for there Thanksgiving Mule Deer hunt. Also I was lucky enough to get the youth doe draw for that region too. My two friend happened to get the same draw too, so 3 doe draws for the Cariboo. This was a weekend of driving there hunting trucks down the trails. Since my friends younger brother never shot a big game animal before we figuered we would let him shoot first. He managed to get a nice doe. Next was my turn I am not picky and I was going to shoot the first deer I seen. 3 hours after the first deer was shot I had a chance at a doe but dropped my clip and she stotted away. About another hours passed and we seen 3 deer. A large doe and a fawn with a nice spiker buck. I got ready and I got my buck. That was enough deer for the day. The next day we got up and went to "the hole" Never seen one deer. Our plan was for 5 people to drive the deer up to us. Nothing but nice scenery. Just before night we seen a nice doe 70 yards off in the bush and my friend decided he was going to shoot it. Clean shot and our third and final deer of the weekend.

300 Ultra Mag. His First Deer
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/hunterofthedeer/154.jpg

My 2nd deer 70 yard broadside 30-06. Head shot to finish it
Scenery of "the hole"
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/hunterofthedeer/169.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/hunterofthedeer/1702.jpg
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/hunterofthedeer/1722.jpg

hunterofthedeer
10-15-2010, 09:06 PM
http://i706.photobucket.com/albums/ww70/hunterofthedeer/1732.jpg
Pictures were removed because they were to graphic for some viewers......

nano
10-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Looks like you had a good weekend. Congrats!

Bpower
10-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Graphic is right!

Good haul though.

Now let the HBC saints come marching in:mrgreen:

Shooter Jr.
10-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Just a quick question. Where'd the fourth deer come from??

rollingrock
10-15-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm gonna sell my SKS and get a 300 ultra mag.

hunterofthedeer
10-15-2010, 09:29 PM
It defenetly puts them down and like i said it was the only shot presented at the time and he was solid.

TPB
10-15-2010, 09:31 PM

LOL. Was the picture that bad?

henderson
10-15-2010, 09:31 PM
Just wanted to edit post as I was typing saw your posts! Congrats man. You ARE a classy guy!

hunterofthedeer
10-15-2010, 09:34 PM
LOL. Was the picture that bad?
It was really bad. I really didnt think it would offend a bunch of hunters.

rollingrock
10-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Don't blame the kids. I was banned for a couple of days on CGN for posting some blown up half upper body of a corrupted Chinese official's mistress. I think I'm more tasteless. I'll give the kids some credit for having the confidence of taking that shot and actually hitting where he aimed.

hunterofthedeer
10-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Don't blame the kids. I was banned for a couple of days on CGN for posting some blown up half upper body of a corrupted Chinese official's mistress. I think I'm more tasteless. I'll give the kids some credit for having the confidence of taking that shot and actually hitting where he aimed.
My buddy who was the shoot is actually a very good shot and is very calm when shooting. I thinks he gets it from his archery.

rollingrock
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Like I said, good shot, man! You don't get perfect broadside all the time.

Gateholio
10-15-2010, 09:40 PM
MODERATORS........

TIME TO CLEAN THIS ONE UP AND PULL THE PIC"S.

Not the type of pic that is enjoyed by any one..

Moderators shut this one down .........

No class here by poster .....

CT

The "report a post" feature is a quicker way to get mods attention, for future reference.:-D

moosinaround
10-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Nice deer boys!! Hell of a way to spend the few days you get in the field! No chasing a wounded critter with you guys!! Awesome!! Maybe a few fellows on this board should learn to shoot like that??!! So we censor pics now on this "Hunting" site?? Do I need a makeup artist with us now for photos!! Pre-madonnas!!:wink: Moosin

Steeleco
10-15-2010, 10:26 PM
So we censor pics now on this "Hunting" site?? Do I need a makeup artist with us now for photos!! Pre-madonnas!!:wink: Moosin

Remember this isn't a public site, it's a private site with free membership.

15. No bloody shot up animals, organs or entrails in the forums or gallery. When taking pictures of your animals please try and pull it away from the gut pile before you start taking pictures.
Is one of a few rules the sites owner decided we should all comply with. Like it or leave it.

Bpower
10-15-2010, 10:33 PM
Graphic is right!

Good haul though.

Now let the HBC saints come marching in:mrgreen:

FYI - gruesome pictures of a head shot deer were deleted from this thread, that explains the earlier reply as quoted above.

308Lover
10-15-2010, 11:38 PM
"Driving" game is somewhere between illegal and unethical. I've only encountered it once, and had to empty my rifle into the air to signal my partner it was lunch time. Young hunters learn fom older hunters. I can only hope you had good "teachers".

goatdancer
10-15-2010, 11:47 PM
"Driving" game is somewhere between illegal and unethical. I've only encountered it once, and had to empty my rifle into the air to signal my partner it was lunch time. Young hunters learn fom older hunters. I can only hope you had good "teachers".

Please show the part of the regs that say it is illegal.

sawmill
10-16-2010, 06:53 AM
"Driving" game is somewhere between illegal and unethical. .
Say WHAT?????? People have been doing that since cavemen were hunting.Get a couple guys into a thick brush area and they walk it,hoping to flush a critter out to the guy who has a chance of a good shot.Half the time it`s the walkers who get the shot.It`s not like driving tigers in India where a bunch of villagers go out banging pots and pans.There the tiger gets a few half the time.

Brian011
10-16-2010, 06:59 AM
Sounds like a great trip! Big deal about the pics, the scenery pics were nice, looks like nice country. I think everything you guys did was ok, no wounded game and pushing game isn't illegal so if you want to push deer then do it.

BlackBear
10-16-2010, 07:35 PM
While I did not have the opportunity to view the graphic pictures and I do not agree with excessive censorship, I think it is important to be reflexive in the way hunting is protrayed at the individual, group, and societal levels. I think it is important to consider any opportunities that may be taken to be the une esquisse of sensationalism (i.e., the simultaneous emphasis of the graphic nature of hunting and the minimization of the art of hunting). As such, I do not take pictures of myself while arm deep in blood. At the same time, I believe it is extremely important to have the utmost respect for the animals I harvest. For the aforementioned reasons, I am content with the moderators removal of the picture(s). In this case, my opinion matters not; the rules are the rules. Congrats on the deer!

steelheadSABO
10-16-2010, 07:36 PM
Pics to graphic? this is a hunting site let's see blood and gore :)

hunterofthedeer
10-16-2010, 07:46 PM
Wait why was the picture of the spike removed? That wasnt even the bad one. I removed the doe that was head shot which was a mess?:confused:

Phil A. Bowl
10-16-2010, 07:50 PM
I agree with what the rules say. I did not see the pics and if i did i would probably kinkily scan past them like changing the Chanel if you dont agree with something on the TV. But this being to much to handle and being censored is just another example of the pussifacation of north America

Shooter Jr.
10-16-2010, 08:09 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy pictures of the animal itself, not its brain spilled all over the ground:roll: Congrats on the fine deer Hunter, they're going to be taaaasssstttttyyyyy.

rattling_junkie
10-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I enjoy pictures of the animal itself, not its brain spilled all over the ground:roll: Congrats on the fine deer Hunter, they're going to be taaaasssstttttyyyyy.

Well said. I can't agree with you more!

nano
10-16-2010, 08:55 PM

I am with you on this one Jr.

JCVD
10-16-2010, 08:56 PM

Thats much worse to me. :cool:

todbartell
10-16-2010, 08:59 PM
deer drives are not illegal. Interfering with a lawful hunt by shooting a half a dozen rifle shots into the air would be somewhat illegal, since you're kinda hung up on that stuff

muledeercrazy
10-16-2010, 09:03 PM
I thought this site was called HuntingBC not veganknitting101 :roll: .

i know... whats next? I have to have a deer mortuary kit to make my trophy pics acceptable for a hunting site?:) I dont think they were that bad. It had a graphic warning on it. It does seem like there was some kind of rule about it though.

rollingrock
10-16-2010, 09:20 PM
Next time I'll tell a hunter-wanna-be to work at a funeral home for a year before taking CORE if he wants to post a photo on intraweb.

muledeercrazy
10-16-2010, 09:28 PM
I like hunting enough to know that it is important to not give the anti's any more ammo. That is the only non-girlish reason for not approving of these pics. Allowing them on here could be used against the site. Otherwise, i find it funny that it offended some peoples delicate sensibilities.

todbartell
10-16-2010, 10:05 PM
its about respect for the game we harvest, not the blood and gore. We've all been elbows deep in it

buck nash
10-16-2010, 10:15 PM
Driving is niether illegal or unethical. It's a strategy that's been employed since the dawn of man all over the world. Men probably learned it from other preditors like wolve, lions, hyenas etc. It's just 101 of co-operative hunting.
I've been involved in many drives as a kid in Ont. As long as shots carefully placed and animals are not wasted, I can't see an ethical problem with it.
It's a fairly effective game getting strategy but there are no garrantees. Just like any other strategy you often come up empty-handed. Sometimes the deer fly out so fast there is no chance for a shot, sometimes they hide and let the drivers walk past them, or they might come out from the woods in a different spot than you would expect. No more or less ethical than many other commonly employed strategies IMO. It's certainly not illegal. Disrupting a legal hunt is.

As for gory pictures, doesn't disturb me but I do think it's best not to give the anti's ammo.