PDA

View Full Version : Book Mulie down near Kelowna??? Anyone Heard??

Gunner Staal
10-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Well for the 3rd time this month ive heard a rumour about a hog mulie taken near Kelowna that may be close to breaking some bookmarks. Just wondering if anyone else has heard this. I wont name the area just yet.....but my interest is peaked.

Wrayzer
10-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Heard of a few hogs being dropped this season so far, better be some pics coming.

Mountain Man
10-16-2010, 10:41 AM
I have seen pictures and horns of two that are over 200, and a handfull of 180 plus typ bucks. These guys arnt o this site so doubt you will see those pics. I have not heard or seen anything thats over 210 anyway ! ?

GoatGuy
10-16-2010, 10:55 AM
Most of the big bucks come out of Region 3, there's a bunch of guys who live in Kelowna that hunt that Little Fort country hard.

mark
10-16-2010, 11:07 AM
I have seen pictures and horns of two that are over 200, and a handfull of 180 plus typ bucks. These guys arnt o this site so doubt you will see those pics. I have not heard or seen anything thats over 210 anyway ! ?

205 non/typ is the biggest Ive heard of!
I hear a member of this site has t-cam pics of the buck before it was killed!

Most of the big bucks come out of Region 3, there's a bunch of guys who live in Kelowna that hunt that Little Fort country hard.

Giving up our honey holes on the net again??? :evil:

Jelvis
10-16-2010, 11:24 AM
the 2300 road off of the old Eakin creek road about 4km out of Little Fort up the hwy 24 turn up that road (2300 road) up the Thuya lake road and up Jack Pine Lake road and also for big non-typicals try Montigny Bitchy Lake and Montigny Creek drainage for monster non typicals and typs. North end of MU 3-28 lots of hunters from Reg 8 come here for big mules.
You can access 2300 from 4km south of Little Fort also off Hwy 5 it's also called the Thuya Creek Road .. good large deer and moose .. it's where these secret hunters from Kelowna bring atv's lol
Jel ( Little Fort ) Mu 3-28 Montigny Creek .. Now you know .. go slow and be lookers .. Record bookers

dana
10-16-2010, 12:18 PM
Good luck if you are hunting the North Thompson this year. The kids and I have been hunting our asses off and thus far are at 10 deer sightings since the beggining of youth season. Only 1 was a buck, a small forky. This morning we keep up our average. Zero deer seen. It is obvious the wolves are having a major impact this year on the deer hunting. It is also obvious from the pics I've seen the Okanagan is not experiencing the same kind of conditions.

butcher
10-16-2010, 12:43 PM
So Steve.....point me in the direction of some wolf packs. I have 4 days off next week and just loaded 3 boxes of shells for the 22-250.

Or maybe I should ask Jelvis?

dana
10-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Butcher,
Just yesterday, I had wolves howling at me while working up the Mad. Take a left at 19 and follow the Trapp to the top. Lots of fresh wolf sign in there.

Been another pack cruising Rd 2 Vavenby from about 13 km to 38 and up the Tum. Big black male in that pack.

Another pack in Tracy. Black female.

Lots of wolf sign up Caribou Mtn. Could be the same pack as the Rd 2 just looping up and then back down into the Tum. Could also be the pack that has been hanging out up at the top of the Otter and Shannon.

2 seperate packs up the Raft. Saw lots of sign up Ritchie and Berry. Also saw quite a bit of sign up Molliet Creek.

That should keep ya busy for a while. Then there's the Blue River packs. Pick a drainage. It don't matter which one. You'll find wolf sign.

butcher
10-16-2010, 02:31 PM
That should do.........thx

BlacktailStalker
10-16-2010, 02:46 PM
No trappers up that way Steve ?
Ever thought about getting into it ?
Sounds like a guy could do a bit of damage to them.

dave_fras
10-16-2010, 02:46 PM
ive been hunting my ass off for a buck i know about!... things a flippen pig!... me my gf and my buddy have all seen it!... ive got 3 t cams in the area... ill be checking them tomorrow night after hunting! all together we have spotted him 5 times! but its bow only.. and a HUGE property! hopefully i can connect!

300H&H
10-16-2010, 02:59 PM
Yes I have heard of 2 bigguns.
They were suppose to be at Harlys.

Fisher-Dude
10-16-2010, 03:24 PM
Lots of region 8 wolves now too. My CO buddy saw one last weekend in 8-12, but couldn't get the camera on it before it hit the thick stuff.

It left behind some pretty big tracks though!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e70/Fisher-Dude/DSC02471.jpg

Time for a region 8 wolf season, Mr Penner!