PDA

View Full Version : FVSA insurance?

aliagha
10-15-2010, 05:56 PM
hi guys,
i am under 18 and my dad has to get the fraser valley insurance (which will cover us both) but the problem is that my dad gets the insurance through the BCWF but the membership expired last month so we renewed it online but it says you have to wait 10-12 days to get your card in the mail, my dad might be leaving for alberta on the 25th of this month and we wanted to do a couple of hunts before he leaves. so here is my question
is there any way my dad can get the insurance by showing the receipt of renewal??
can i go and buy the insurance for myself through my card (if i am going to be the only one hunting)?? will it still be legal? or does my dad have to have the insurance aswell???

thanks in advance..

aliagha
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
any suggestions??

Steeleco
10-15-2010, 08:32 PM
If your under 18 and over 14 I believe as you have your hunter number, you need your own FVSA license. Also the BCWF insurance is only "additional" insurance. You need your homeowners/tenants insurance first.

aliagha
10-15-2010, 08:38 PM
If your under 18 and over 14 I believe as you have your hunter number, you need your own FVSA license. Also the BCWF insurance is only "additional" insurance. You need your homeowners/tenants insurance first.

i was going through the Fraser valley special are hunting map and under the heading FVSA hunting license it says: a licensed hunter under the age of 18 does not need to obtain a special area hunting license but must possess a valid provincial hunting license. hunters under 18 must be accompanied by a licensed hunter who holds a FVSAH license and have insurance.

Steeleco
10-15-2010, 08:46 PM
Well thanks aliagha, I didn't know that, and apparently neither did my retailer.
I bought one for my 14 year old son as well!

aliagha
10-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Well thanks aliagha, I didn't know that, and apparently neither did my retailer.
I bought one for my 14 year old son as well!

i didn't know about em before and i bought mine for 2 years.

jamievan
10-15-2010, 08:58 PM
the bcwf insurance is enough you dont need the homeowner/tenant insurance, but if your dad has homeowners insurance, it might cover him. I would call his insurance provider and check with them and if he's not covered, I would then call bcwf and ask them if they have any suggestions.

nano
10-15-2010, 09:14 PM
I am under 18 and belong to a local club and we have a police number that we use when you go to buy it. Also I have always bought the FVSA license for myself just to be safe then sorry.

jamievan
10-15-2010, 10:29 PM
I am under 18 and belong to a local club and we have a police number that we use when you go to buy it. Also I have always bought the FVSA license for myself just to be safe then sorry.

you mean policy number right?

nano
10-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Ya my policy number!

coyotebc
10-17-2010, 09:49 PM
Just print off the receipt for the renewal that bcwf e-mailed you.
That would be proof.

32-40win
10-22-2010, 08:18 AM
NFA also has insurance avail to their members, I suspect it is the same setup the BCWF uses, and the ABA and etc.