PDA

View Full Version : Bow hunt Region 4 and 8 back in the regs

GoatGuy
10-15-2010, 01:47 PM
This message is to notify you that the December 1 to December 20 bow only season for either sex White-tailed deer in the Kootenay region has been re-instated, and the bow only season for either sex White-tailed deer in the Okanagan region has been extended to December 1 to December 20. More information on these hunts is available online on the Fish and Wildlife Branch “Hunting News” website located at http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/news/.

rocksteady
10-15-2010, 01:51 PM
FINALLY !!!!!

Thanks for posting the link......

Guess I have an option to take one in the snow with the bow :mrgreen:

J_T
10-15-2010, 01:57 PM
Yup, just got the email. Thanks to Steve et al for the perseverance in pushing this through.

Onesock
10-15-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks for everything JT.

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2010, 02:26 PM
Thank God! I was afraid that Ern was going to spike me with an arrow if my r8 WT deer season change proposal didn't give him his time without any gun-toting dangerous kids in the woods! :rolleyes:

Stone Sheep Steve
10-15-2010, 04:07 PM
Holy crap!! I might actually get to hunt this yr!!!:-D
Glad I just bought a pop-up blind..and found a catalitic heater in my garage:)
SSS

Gateholio
10-15-2010, 05:03 PM
Good opportunity to buy a new crossbow and get out and do some late season hunting!:-D

J_T
10-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank God! I was afraid that Ern was going to spike me with an arrow if my r8 WT deer season change proposal didn't give him his time without any gun-toting dangerous kids in the woods! :rolleyes:
That might just make a good tag / signature line. You're full of re-usable quotes.

Ambush
10-15-2010, 06:46 PM
WANTED
Your whitetail hot spot. That's right, I don't want to put the time and boot leather into it. I just want to come down and shoot a deer. Urban deer from your porch is fine to.:-D

Thanks in advance for the flood of replies.

rollingrock
10-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Who wants to show a WT newbie some ropes in R8? I have a pop-up and a catalitic heater....:D At least I get to see the difference of the tails. ;)

Fisher-Dude
10-15-2010, 07:10 PM
That might just make a good tag / signature line. You're full of re-usable quotes.

IF Ern bothered (or anyone from your organization bothered) to show up at regs meetings, he'd know that I originally wrote the WT proposal that had GOS to Nov 30 and bow Dec 1 - 20.

Why don't you guys attend any meetings anymore?

aggiehunter
10-15-2010, 07:29 PM
FD...and you wonder why we don't attend any more meetings....cheesh...give your head a friggin' shake...and if you can't figure it out I sure won't mind givin' exact quotes and mentions of how bowhunters were treated at the region 8 HAC meetings...care for me to continue....not likely. PS. Thanks Goatguy for all your help in getting the bowhunters of BC their Region 4 late Wt season and region 8 reinstated.!

J_T
10-16-2010, 11:33 AM
IF Ern bothered (or anyone from your organization bothered) to show up at regs meetings, he'd know that I originally wrote the WT proposal that had GOS to Nov 30 and bow Dec 1 - 20.

Why don't you guys attend any meetings anymore? We sit as a respected user group in many areas and through direct contact with MOE bio's I'd like to think we contribute in other areas. Our focus isn't just bowhunting. I would hope others that sit on various committees would agree with that statement. What we provide is a unique perspective on management and hunting opportunity. Quite simple. We don't expect to have our way all the time and we do expect to support some agendas that perhaps we have concerns about. It's give and take.

I assume part of the reason for a lack of representation in your area is the personality conflict. Really has little to do with weapons choices and hunting. If I had a bowhunter that was willing to sit in and take some of the abuse you hurl, I'm sure we'd have a more active rep there.

Fisher-Dude
10-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I've never said a word to Ern in my life. Not sure where you get the idea that I've abused him at an FHAC. Perhaps when someone called out his BS with scientific data, he felt slighted.

Even Hubbard shows up after he claimed elk hunters in R8 doubled in the past ten years but then JZ presented statistics showing a 60% decline in R8 elk hunters in the past ten years. :mrgreen: Ern should be there with a cloth wiping egg off his face.

Maybe you should get a 10 year old girl to represent you - probably handle herself better around other people than the current cry baby who won't even show up for fear his feelings will get hurt.

J_T
10-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I've never said a word to Ern in my life. Not sure where you get the idea that I've abused him at an FHAC. Perhaps when someone called out his BS with scientific data, he felt slighted.

Even Hubbard shows up after he claimed elk hunters in R8 doubled in the past ten years but then JZ presented statistics showing a 60% decline in R8 elk hunters in the past ten years. :mrgreen: Ern should be there with a cloth wiping egg off his face.

Maybe you should get a 10 year old girl to represent you - probably handle herself better around other people than the current cry baby who won't even show up for fear his feelings will get hurt. At least he should show up for the entertainment. You seem to have a way of describing things and other people's perspectives. Maybe it's simply time for new blood.

aggiehunter
10-17-2010, 10:38 AM
For all bowhunters paying attention here I must comment on FD's more than ridiculous comments. I have absolutely no egg on my face. Every proposal that as brought I asked the question to the bio "will this early bow season for grouse have a biological impact on them" ...the answer was NO! IN FACT every time we proposed a new bow season we got the same answer from Brian Harris and everytime your beloved fellow hunters voted it down....things that make you go hmmm. Further to this and I do not mind admitting it here at all....we fought against the Youth season with firearms within the BOWONLY season...instead of our common sense approach which by the way is used in most jurisdictions on the planet we ended up being labled as kid haters...so there's where the egg lies...still firmly planted on FD's face.

urbanhermit
10-17-2010, 10:46 AM
I am all for sharing my bow season with kids, new hunter recruitment is far more important that me being able to hunt alone. Again I would like to see uneducated chickens for the whole family to shoot on the 10th, being a bowhunter i would be inclined to vote no on a early grouse season as well unless it was a youth season/bow combined.
just my two cents..

Fisher-Dude
10-17-2010, 07:50 PM
For all bowhunters paying attention here I must comment on FD's more than ridiculous comments. I have absolutely no egg on my face. Every proposal that as brought I asked the question to the bio "will this early bow season for grouse have a biological impact on them" ...the answer was NO! IN FACT every time we proposed a new bow season we got the same answer from Brian Harris and everytime your beloved fellow hunters voted it down....things that make you go hmmm. Further to this and I do not mind admitting it here at all....we fought against the Youth season with firearms within the BOWONLY season...instead of our common sense approach which by the way is used in most jurisdictions on the planet we ended up being labled as kid haters...so there's where the egg lies...still firmly planted on FD's face.

Hey. The egg, if you bothered to read, was on Hubbard's face over the elk stats, not yours. I just suggested that you could help him by wiping it off. After all, you and 358 are tight buds on here, patting each other's bums all the time.

Nice rant though Ern.

Bowzone_Mikey
10-17-2010, 08:14 PM
WANTED
Your whitetail hot spot. That's right, I don't want to put the time and boot leather into it. I just want to come down and shoot a deer. Urban deer from your porch is fine to.:-D

Thanks in advance for the flood of replies.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said .......

Ambush ... lets go slaughter some does ... finally that we can get out without them damned gun toting kids in the woods .... put them in schools

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirby
10-17-2010, 11:54 PM
Aggie, right there when you said kids in BOW ONLY season you lost any support I could have given you. Kids are the future not bowhunting, you choose to carry a bow, kids don't choose to be young and have limited hunting time.

If I had to choose between your oh so precious bow only season and youth season, scrap the bow only season.

But to the topic at hand, glad to hear the ammendment made maybe I'll go back down to 4 and try my luck in the late season.

Kirby

J_T
10-18-2010, 05:39 AM
Aggie, right there when you said kids in BOW ONLY season you lost any support I could have given you. Kids are the future not bowhunting, you choose to carry a bow, kids don't choose to be young and have limited hunting time.

If I had to choose between your oh so precious bow only season and youth season, scrap the bow only season.

But to the topic at hand, glad to hear the ammendment made maybe I'll go back down to 4 and try my luck in the late season.

Kirby Please don't mis-interpret this. These discussions occurred quite some time ago now and things are different today, the parameters have changed. FD has simply done a good job of keeping the label on some bowhunters as anti-kid. The bottom line is we work hard for youth and support enhanced opportunity for youth. In fact, almost every bowhunter I hunt with, is hunting with his son. Our proposals back when this discussion first started (probably 10 years ago now) was to ensure that youth had an enhanced hunting opportunity throughout the entire hunting season. And we were simply confused why advisory committees wanted to put all the youth opportunity into a short 9 days, when it should be 90. A quick look at the new whitetail regs shows we now have that with an enhanced youth whitetail hunt Nov 1 - 30th.

Kody94
10-18-2010, 07:38 AM

Kirby

Kirby,

Don't let anyone give you the impression that the UBBC or TBBC are anti-kid! Some folks just like to twist things and fight dirty, especially on the intra-web where its fun. ;) There is almost always a solution that keeps everybody happy if folks are open minded about it, but the latter isn't always the case (lotsa sacred cows out there)....so when someone suggests an alternative they sometimes get run out of town on a rail, or worse.

Anyhoo, if you come back to 4E, give me some notice and maybe we can hook up for a little late season whitey hunting. Sorry I missed you on your last couple trips!

Cheers!

Onesock
10-18-2010, 07:59 AM
FD--So you are the Pr!ck that got the late season whitetail changed. I really love hunting 1 week before Xmas, a month after the rut. Sheesh. And you proudly take credit for this change, like you did everyone a big favor!!!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-18-2010, 08:53 AM
FD--So you are the Pr!ck that got the late season whitetail changed. I really love hunting 1 week before Xmas, a month after the rut. Sheesh. And you proudly take credit for this change, like you did everyone a big favor!!!

You (and I and everyone else) can use your bow for whitey bucks in Reg 8 from Sept 1- Dec 20....and either sex from Oct 10-31st and the again Dec 1-20th. Pretty long seasons if you ask me.

SSS

Kirby
10-18-2010, 09:44 AM
Kirby,
Don't let anyone give you the impression that the UBBC or TBBC are anti-kid! Some folks just like to twist things and fight dirty, especially on the intra-web where its fun. ;)

I would agree that the organizations aren't, but I say some of the members are. I've had more than one discussion with members and non-members who are bowhunters out there who rant and rave about "****ing kids" in bow season etc, just pisses me off.

I'm not nearly involved as I should be or would like to be but its those statements that just put my back up. If I make it back down in Dec I'll let you know.

Kirby

Kody94
10-18-2010, 11:49 AM
I would agree that the organizations aren't, but I say some of the members are. I've had more than one discussion with members and non-members who are bowhunters out there who rant and rave about "****ing kids" in bow season etc, just pisses me off.

I'm not nearly involved as I should be or would like to be but its those statements that just put my back up. If I make it back down in Dec I'll let you know.

Kirby

Lots of folks have some pretty screwey ways of looking at things. :) No particular group is immune, so I try not to hold that against any of them.

Hope to see you in Dec!

aggiehunter
10-18-2010, 01:34 PM
Kirby...please take no offence..but I wasn't asking for anyones support because this is old news..there was Youth hunting proposal that was shot down by the powers be...we had a great alternative. It's funny nobody is even questioning the late Youth Mule Deer season that was canned in Region 8 at the urging of the BCWF...this will have a detrimental effect on Youth harvest this year. We had juniors shooting whoppers...and well...some guys just didn't like that....but I don't hear anyone...ANYONE...complaining about those guys who destroyed that great opportunity. I guess it's peoples perogative to pick on who they wish right....hmmmmm

GoatGuy
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Every proposal that as brought I asked the question to the bio "will this early bow season for grouse have a biological impact on them" ...the answer was NO!

Tried to stay out of the garbage dump here, but this is pretty outrageous stuff.

What happened to quality of hunt and the 'experience'? Aren't you 'that guy'? Now we're onto biology?

You see there's no 'biological impact' on a youth season, or on a 6 pt bull elk season, or a wt doe season, turkey GOS, what have you.

Conservation isn't a hat you can just take off and on when it benefits you personally. This is a big part of the problem and it makes your arguments and beliefs seem extremely shallow and self-serving when you only get into the 'conservation side' when it suits you and when it doesn't it sounds more like a ranting sociopath.

Kirby...please take no offence..but I wasn't asking for anyones support because this is old news..there was Youth hunting proposal that was shot down by the powers be...we had a great alternative. It's funny nobody is even questioning the late Youth Mule Deer season that was canned in Region 8 at the urging of the BCWF...this will have a detrimental effect on Youth harvest this year. We had juniors shooting whoppers...and well...some guys just didn't like that....but I don't hear anyone...ANYONE...complaining about those guys who destroyed that great opportunity.

You should check your facts.

Too much to pick apart, so best if you start at the beginning and work your way all the way to the end.

GoatGuy
10-18-2010, 02:02 PM

When is the wt rut? When is the second estrus?

Onesock
10-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Someone with your vast knowledge should know when the wt rut is!!! The second rut would be a few weeks later. I hope that helps.

GoatGuy
10-18-2010, 02:53 PM
Someone with your vast knowledge should know when the wt rut is!!! The second rut would be a few weeks later. I hope that helps.

Maybe I don't know and thus the questions.:-D

The second estrous is actually around 3-4 weeks later (21-30 days, maybe use 24 days as a 'hard number') not a few, so back to the question when is the peak of the first rut?

And then,

When is the second rut?

Elkaholic
10-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Man the shite seems to hit the fan when it comes to bowhunting around here..... Anyways thanks to all involved for getting this wonderful season back. This is the time when I sit with my wife in the ground blind and have a blast seeing deer all day. She was quite upset that they were taking the season away.

Onesock
10-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Seems to me you have answered your own question........

urbanhermit
10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
I have never been embarassed telling some one I bowhunt, but I kinda find this stuff a bit embarassing..in an amusing way.

GoatGuy
10-18-2010, 04:32 PM
Seems to me you have answered your own question........

Haven't answered when the first rut occurs, that's the question.

Fisher-Dude
10-18-2010, 05:06 PM
It's funny nobody is even questioning the late Youth Mule Deer season that was canned in Region 8 at the urging of the BCWF...this will have a detrimental effect on Youth harvest this year. We had juniors shooting whoppers...and well...some guys just didn't like that....but I don't hear anyone...ANYONE...complaining about those guys who destroyed that great opportunity. I guess it's peoples perogative to pick on who they wish right....hmmmmm

Lying bullshitting SOB! The BCWF fought hard to keep this season. The GOABC and others (like you) called it a "trophy hunt" and so it was canned.

Ern, you say you're in favour of opportunity for youth, then you outright LIE on here about the BCWF's efforts to maximize youth opps. You should hang your head in shame. You SUCK.

From the Nov 28, 2009 OKBCWF meeting minutes:

Mule Deer Youth Season: The Southern Interior Mule Deer Harvest Strategy does not include the late November Youth Season. Youth season will be any buck for the length of September (Sept 1st to 30th). The suggestion to include the late youth season will be brought to headquarters staff.
Motion: Youth can shoot any mule deer buck from September 1st to 8 days past the close of the general open season.
Moved: Al S
Second: Brent F
(amended)
Discussion: We do not want to replace or omit the “Youth Only” season at the beginning of September. As long as there is an open season for Mule Deer (e.g. October 4 point season), a youth should be allowed to shoot any mule deer buck. OKBCWF supports the late mule deer any buck season.
PASSED

Onesock
10-18-2010, 05:28 PM
I said...A man with your qualifications should know when the rut starts. If not, you have no justification for being the so called "spokesman/savior" of hunters in BC.

J_T
10-18-2010, 05:47 PM
Lying bullshitting SOB!

That's gotta earn you some time in the corner eh?

GoatGuy
10-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I said...A man with your qualifications should know when the rut starts. If not, you have no justification for being the so called "spokesman/savior" of hunters in BC.

Was looking for specific date/s.

Three posts is enough time wasted.

I really love hunting 1 week before Xmas, a month after the rut.

The point of it is if you believe the 'rut' is over by a month by December 10th you don't know when the rut starts, or ends, for that matter. That means you'll have a heck of a tough time hunting wt.

I understand your frustration(s) now. I would be frustrated as well if I didn't know anything about the animals I hunt and thought things were happening when they weren't. Confusion naturally leads to frustration if there's no willingness to learn.

Fisher-Dude
10-18-2010, 07:36 PM
That's gotta earn you some time in the corner eh?

Maybe someone from YOUR bow hunting organizations, and the former President, no less, should stop slandering the work of the BCWF and start to work for hunting opportunity instead of trying to shut down youth seasons for his own benefit.

Onesock
10-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Goatboy...if you believe everything you write I feel terribly sorry for you. A specific date for the wt rut? ( yup starts Nov 3rd every year) You have to be kidding, right? We all know wt rut in the GOS. If the major wt rut was in Dec you would be pushing for a GOS at that time.

Fisher-Dude
10-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Goatboy...if you believe everything you write I feel terribly sorry for you. A specific date for the wt rut? ( yup starts Nov 3rd every year) You have to be kidding, right? We all know wt rut in the GOS. If the major wt rut was in Dec you would be pushing for a GOS at that time.

I've looked thru the regulations from cover to cover, and still can't find where it says that it's illegal to bow hunt whitetails in November. Perhaps you can show me where it says that.

eastkoothunter
10-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Great to hear!

J_T
10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Maybe someone from YOUR bow hunting organizations, and the former President, no less, should stop slandering the work of the BCWF and start to work for hunting opportunity instead of trying to shut down youth seasons for his own benefit. Yup, we should all stop slammin each other and start working together. But that takes understanding each others perspective and point of view. And just letting people have their own point of view.

My own experience on here is that if someone doesn't agree with your traditional thinking they're bottom scum or worse. Collaboration starts with respect. You could set down the weaponry and lead by example..... My own experience at Reg 4 advisory meetings is that there is a general consensus of respect. Seems to work.

aggiehunter
10-18-2010, 09:57 PM
I will get ahold of the bio. tomorrow and get the straight answer on why the late youth season for mulies was canned or changed to an earlier date. I know that no bowhunting organization asked for it to be cancelled. I may be wrong. Thanks for the kind words Fisher Dude. That Youth proposal gets closer every year!

10-18-2010, 10:28 PM
Goatboy...if you believe everything you write I feel terribly sorry for you.

I shouldn't be getting mixed up in this crazy discussion,,, but,,,,what's wrong with believing what you write, or writing what you believe, isn't that normal,,,but I do feel sorry for a guy who writes what he doesn't believe....that would be wierd, or what :wink:....?

The Hermit
10-18-2010, 10:42 PM
FD - do you really think that the bowhunting organizations in the Province or for that matter any significant number of bowhunters are against youth hunting opportunities?

No, I didn't think so... but you just can't seem to help yourself at any opportunity to poke Ernie in the balls eh! It would be funny if everyone knew you aren't really an asshat! <razz> The problem is that people not fully in the know read your shit and take that ocularintestinal thinking and apply it as gospel! Holy shit!! LOL

Fisher-Dude
10-19-2010, 01:24 PM
I will get ahold of the bio. tomorrow and get the straight answer on why the late youth season for mulies was canned or changed to an earlier date. I know that no bowhunting organization asked for it to be cancelled. I may be wrong. Thanks for the kind words Fisher Dude. That Youth proposal gets closer every year!

Shouldn't you be slamming the BCWF on some other angle now Ern, when you were proved to be (as usual) talking out your ass? Perhaps an apology to the R8 BCWF executive, on UBBC letterhead, is in order?

Fisher-Dude
10-19-2010, 01:30 PM
FD - do you really think that the bowhunting organizations in the Province or for that matter any significant number of bowhunters are against youth hunting opportunities?

Yes I do. The UBBC and TBBC executives have spoken out clearly against the youth deer seasons that coincide with bow season. It's no secret what their agenda is. I have copies of their positions saved on my 'puter, if you so wish me to dig them up again.

aggiehunter
10-19-2010, 05:28 PM
FisherDude, I am a dude on an internet website chat line and do not represent any organization here. If indeed what you printed in that the BCWF did in fact fight the removal of the late Youth season then I do apologize for my mistake...what I will not apologize for is what you call a lie. They are two different things. However the footnotes in the changes to that season clearly state as read today that the people at the table generally agreed to the change. So alas the largest stakeholder (next to natives) was clearly not heard at the table and the late Youth season was lost. I still haven't heard yet exactly why it was changed. Once AGAIN there was nobody there from a bowhunting organization that I am aware of that voted to get rid of it...let us know if there was.

Kody94
10-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Yes I do. The UBBC and TBBC executives have spoken out clearly against the youth deer seasons that coincide with bow season. It's no secret what their agenda is. I have copies of their positions saved on my 'puter, if you so wish me to dig them up again.

I don't think their agenda is, or ever has been, nearly what you are making out to be. I have NEVER known either organization to be against youth hunters or recruitment. If you'd be so kind as to e-mail me anything you have that is an official position that is contrary to that, I'd like to see it. I am very aware of their youth hunting proposal, and I don't think that qualifies as anti-kid, so no need to send that if its what you mean.