PDA

View Full Version : Not Big Enough....

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 11:20 AM
I just got home from out of the bush for one day headed back in tomorrow.
Can't find Mr big :icon_frow I did find one that was to small to shoot when I was set up in my ground blind.

This bull was shot with my camera a couple days ago at 40 yards.

I shot a nice 5x5 yesterday morning with my JVC movie camera will post the link latter today.

This bull is licking my salt lick I have been baiting for over 6 weeks..

I will head down to the place I saw that big 7x7 bull elk in bow season for the remainder of the 4 day elk season.

I might get lucky and find him ???? ,I will sleep in my truck that is my spike camp as I have done all elk season off and on.

I will take with me a couple coolers full of food water etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzsw8EZ7S6A

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Image111.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=20698&size=big&cat=500)

averagejoe
10-15-2010, 11:31 AM
im sure one of your freinds would like that bull no?

bosch
10-15-2010, 11:56 AM
Good on ya Wayne, you got meat allready and letting that guy go shows true sportsmanship,

rocksteady
10-15-2010, 12:12 PM
Nice bull Wayne....Like the length on the brows...:-D

urbanhermit
10-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Wayne, you ever heard of "take your kid to work day", i have a similar idea!!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-15-2010, 04:47 PM
Time to drop the hammer Wayne. Next legal bull into your freezer:wink:.

SSS

hunter1947
10-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Time to drop the hammer Wayne. Next legal bull into your freezer:wink:.

SSS

Brent I agree you are right if I see a keeper I will drop it for the meat :wink:..

mark
10-16-2010, 10:57 AM
Am I seeing something, like a 4" tine kicking down, just above the bulls left eye.....making that a legal 5x6????

BlacktailStalker
10-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Mark I was wondering the exact same thing. I'm certain that bull is a 5x6.

ELKOHOLICBC
10-16-2010, 01:50 PM
I wasn't going to say anything to Wayne but i'm with you guys on this one Mark and BS, it sure looks like a nice legal 6x5 to me.

hunter1947
10-16-2010, 02:47 PM
Am I seeing something, like a 4" tine kicking down, just above the bulls left eye.....making that a legal 5x6????

Mark yes of course this is a 5x6 I watched him 50 yards from me for 5 min while he was licking up my salt he posed in all different position's for me ,that secount gard up on the left antler is about 9 inches long ,its just the way he is angled..

I zoomed in to take this picture with my camera only took the one pic because I was scared of he noticing me ,wind was coming right into my face from where this bull was licking the salt...

If I wanted this bull he would for sure be on the ground dead as 4 others that I could of shot but let walk this year ,the count now is 5 legal bulls I let walk this year..

Not what I am looking for like I said I shot enough elk over my years and with little time I have left to hunt elk I want to better my biggest bull I took 16 years ago if I don't it don't matter one bit.

They all can walk till I find the one and if not i have had a blast letting legal bulls go this year ,it has been one big pill of fun looking for the one I want this year ,I have been in elk heaven http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif..

Headed back into my area for the rest of the elk season right now ,talk latter Mark good luck with you mule hunts this fall..

TPB
10-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Good luck Wayne hope you connect during the remainder of the season.

mark
10-16-2010, 08:42 PM
Mark yes of course this is a 5x6 I watched him 50 yards from me for 5 min while he was licking up my salt he posed in all different position's for me ,that secount gard up on the left antler is about 9 inches long ,its just the way he is angled..

I zoomed in to take this picture with my camera only took the one pic because I was scared of he noticing me ,wind was coming right into my face from where this bull was licking the salt...

If I wanted this bull he would for sure be on the ground dead as 4 others that I could of shot but let walk this year ,the count now is 5 legal bulls I let walk this year..

Not what I am looking for like I said I shot enough elk over my years and with little time I have left to hunt elk I want to better my biggest bull I took 16 years ago if I don't it don't matter one bit.

They all can walk till I find the one and if not i have had a blast letting legal bulls go this year ,it has been one big pill of fun looking for the one I want this year ,I have been in elk heaven http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon6.gif..

Headed back into my area for the rest of the elk season right now ,talk latter Mark good luck with you mule hunts this fall..

I was wondering if you meant not "big enough" for your standards???
It must be awesome to see enough elk to be selective with them!
One day I hope, most years IM just glad to find a legal bull!
Me and my partners are 3 for 3 on elk now, 2 absolute pigs, threads coming soon, just waiting for a couple of other pics to get here!

Hope you get your dream bull in the coming days Wayne!

#1fishslayer
10-17-2010, 02:46 PM
Good luck to you sir.