PDA

View Full Version : Five days, Where to go!!!!!

Phil A. Bowl
10-14-2010, 09:11 PM
Well I have been working my bag off and can see myself taking off some ME time early November. So the question is where to hunt? I would like to keep it under a five hour drive from lower mainland. Do I return to places I have been before or find some new ground. It will be me,my truck,camper,trailer and quad.I have only been hunting for five years and always with a buddy so this will be new for me. I would like to look for deer and/or moose but mostly deer. Any suggestions :-D

recon
10-14-2010, 09:22 PM
I just got back from Grand Forks, went up the Grandby River MU 8-15. The quad riding is awsome- tons of FSR to explore. The deer hunting was a bit sparse but I think if you're willing to go on foot into the bush a bit you'de do well. 5 1/2 hr drive from Langley. Watch out for the Grizzlies!

gibblewabble
10-14-2010, 09:25 PM
Kettle Valley. Has loads of deer and some moose, loads of friendly people. I grew up hunting around Damfino creek in the first week of November and have rarely been let down there.

curt
10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
early Nov you shouldnt go wrong in region 8 weather should be decent and lots of game.
CM

Phil A. Bowl
10-16-2010, 02:08 PM
so I have made up my mind.I am going to hit the Plato above brookmere with all the lakes.I have been up in that area a couple of times a while back. any info on that area would rock, if not no worries i will do it the old fashion way:-D