PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Hoyt models

Bowzone_Mikey
10-14-2010, 12:02 PM
was looking at the Hoyt product release this morning on Facebook ......

Other than the Alpha elite .... it would appear that they just renamed everything ....
the new Carbon Bow .. the Element ... I think is slightly differant than the matrix but not alot... they list it at 3.8 pounds ....and like 320ish .... nothing impressive there IMHO .... hell my Bowtech weighs the same as that .... pretty cool that you can drive a truck over it and pick it up and it will shoot straight tho ......

Maybe I am just let down as I was expecting alot more for 80th year

it would seem other than the split riser they havent changed anything in over 5 years (when they went to a parralel limb design on the Trykon)

any thoughts?

knockturnal
10-14-2010, 04:05 PM
why change a good thing?

Bowzone_Mikey
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
granted they are great bows .... but they are falling behind on the innovation in my opinion ....

Mountain Man
10-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I dont know, I always seem to sell em at cost every year ! No more Hoyt un less its a special order.

knockturnal
10-14-2010, 04:20 PM
i think its cause eveyone on TV is shooting Mathews. I love my hoyt. Just gotta take some more animals with it!

Bow Walker
10-14-2010, 06:04 PM
granted they are great bows .... but they are falling behind on the innovation in my opinion ....
Hoyt have been leading the pack in terms of technical advances for a number of years (imho) and it's tough to come up with new and exciting innovations each and every year.

It's not surprising to see a year, or even two, where there is really nothing new presented. Just a re-hash of last year's technology.

They're either in a dry spell or they're researching something that will raise the bar considerably. Maybe a bow with an IBO of over 400?

Mountain Man
10-14-2010, 08:29 PM
What I find funny is consumers look for new things !

Time and time again what do I hear ?

'Hmmm ya im gonna give it a year until the bugs are worked out !

Dam if you do, dam if you dont !

Manufactures strive to update and come out with new products but how may people jump on board right away ? So many people are tentative when it comes to change or new things that they dont want to be the "ginipigs"

imagine the pressure in todays industry to have to come out with a bow thats 5 fps faster, 1 oz lighter, .5" shorter, give it a sexy new name and paint job and what do you have ? A similar bow from the previous year. Try and re invent the wheel every year and you will never win ! Just look at the bows that win tourniments every year world wide and you will find pros using bows that are 3 to 5 year old model bows ! if it aint broke dont fix it.Being in retail the other thing that happens a lot witch I find really funny is guys will reserch a product so much and take so long to make up there mind that when they are ready to buy a new model comes out and there back to the drawing board ! I see this happen all the time ! Shit there wives end up buying it for them for x-mas to stop the insanity ! lol !

Bowzone_Mikey
10-14-2010, 08:38 PM
5 years ago for the 75th they put out a parralell limb bow ...for the 75th many years behind other companies Notably Bowtech and Mathews .....3 years ago they did the split riser to hop on Bowtechs coat tails, Last year the big thing was the Carbon Matrix .... Not a new concept by anymeans ... I think it was mid to late 90s that Diamond archery put this out (before they were owned by Bowtech...in fact bowtech didnt exist untill 99 ish)

Now that said They shoot great and make great bows ..... and shoot even better when custom tuned .... I used to think they were leaders ... But now I am afraid they are followers. I would to pick up an Alpha elite and shoot it tho .... Alpha specs with an elite riser ...spells certain doom for X-rings ....
As far as R&D goes .... I would hope that they would raise the bar ... as the last few years they have lowered it ....

I seem to recall that a member here and on another site I know well once said the Hoyt should win the head up the ass award for the year .... I think it was 2005 models ....as nothing changed except re-naming the supertec to Turbotec and making the riser have flame cutouts. the next year they came out with the Trykon .... Big and heavy and a B to tune .... they got it right in 07 with the Katera

Bowzone_Mikey
10-14-2010, 08:51 PM
the pros that win tournaments ..... the only similarities between the bows in their hands and the bows in stores marketed towards the "Tournament archer" are the nameplate .... the pros have custom limbs , slightly differant cams ....even slightly modified risers ...you and I can have all that stuff on our bows too ...we just gotta pay for it ...

I discovered this when a friend of mine bought Micheal Bradens Pro-Elite one year, the riser was modified handle and bridge were differant, the limb pockets were slighly differant than mine... the spiral cams were lobed off almost to the point of the Zepher cams (at the time Zepher cams were not marketed yet as this was early 2k5...Z cams were only availible on the Trykes).....
I asked GRIV about this last year when i spent the weekend with him ...He had a pair of "Vantage Elites" ... another in the group had a Vantage Elite ... They were not the same bow....
just a few thoughts ...
Comparing bows that factory sponsored pros shoot and comparing the bows that we can buy is like comparing the chev Impala that Dale Jr drives every sunday to the Impala that we can buy at the dealership down the street

Ambush
10-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Mathews for the kills.:-D

Hoyt for the frills.:(

It depends if you want to go hunting or sit around and stroke your riser.:mrgreen:

ThinAir
10-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Mathews for the kills.:-D

Hoyt for the frills.:(

It depends if you want to go hunting or sit around and stroke your riser.:mrgreen:

Well thanks! I just spit up my morning coffee!:mrgreen:

Bow Walker
10-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I own an '07 Hoyt Vectrix (dual cam) and a single cam Diamond Liberty ('06). I'll be keeping and shooting both bows for some time to come as they both "do it for me". I also own/shoot a Rudders Bows Longbow made with bamboo-backed hickory.

The Hoyt, being a target bow is bigger and heavier than my hunting bow but that isn't any kind of an issue. The day that I can't hold it up to draw and aim is the day I retire from shooting.

Both the compounds are considered "old" because they are older than just last year's model - point being that I haven't seen any significant changes in style or technology in the past 4 years. From either company....except maybe the short limbed, split riser of Bowtech's.

I think that there ain't much left to re-engineer or to "invent" as far as bow advancements go. All the noggins can do now is to tweak the present innovations to get more out of them. So look for small, subtle things. Like different materials for construction, different cam designs, different cutouts in the riser,different limb pocket designs....stuff like that.

Bigbear
10-15-2010, 08:32 AM
Mickey. They Had the Split Limbs Long before the Trykon

Bowzone_Mikey
10-15-2010, 08:47 AM
split limbs yes .... split risers ... not untill 2008

dave*
10-15-2010, 07:12 PM
I am happy that they left the Alphaburner alone and in the lineup. I love my Burner.

Not Impressed with the roller cable business they put on the carbons. Am glad I have a 2010 Matrix with regular slide.

Am a bit disapointed not to see a "Carbonburner", Carbon risered XT 2000 limbs and spirals would have rocked.

Not that it matters as I'm committed to Athens for the next while.

D*

Bigbear
10-15-2010, 07:28 PM
Mickey i'm Not sure what your talking about split riser?

Bowzone_Mikey
10-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Mickey i'm Not sure what your talking about split riser?
the two contact limbpoint ... Look at the Alpha .. Similar to the bowtechs just not as pronouned

http://www.custombuilt.co.uk/images/newsimages/2009%20hoyt.jpg