PDA

View Full Version : Immature Season Change.

MRoy10
10-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Hey yall so as lots of you know immature moose season has changed in some regions one of them being 3-26 the region I hunt and live. I have just caught wind that some people ( I am looking into names ) have already taken immature moose off of the mountains around town which the season does not open until this friday. Jesus am I pissed off , it was one of the most talked about changes of this season , two of the reasons being was how many bulls were wrongfully shot ( poached ) and giving them a little bit better chance at survival. I just can not wrap my head around how many people are still out there that do not know the regulations to the regions they are hunting . They seem to think that a regulations book from 2 years ago is still accurate... I just wanted to voice my concern over the lack of discipline and knowledge of a lot of hunters out there. Its just giving us hunters an even worse rep than we have already been given ... Feel free to post anything on what you feel about this I would love to hear some of your two cents.

Drillbit
10-14-2010, 12:04 PM
I thought the regs were good for 2 years, and that's why they're so hard to get?

Seriously though, everybody knows the regs and the changes, some guys just don't follow them.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-14-2010, 12:16 PM
I know someone who was going to head out to look for an immie a week ago...until he talked to a friend who straightened him out(luckily):?.

SSS

doubled
10-14-2010, 12:25 PM
You sure these weren't leh bulls that got shot??

MRoy10
10-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Quite sure they were not leh bulls as I know of four people who have them for this region one being my girlfriend who already dropped hers. But who knows its all hear say from a usually reliable source . He just does not seem to want to give out the names of the shooters. As for the not following the regs it is definately quite possible there are way to many A$$HOLES out there who do it. I am just trying to voice my concern for possible illegal acts.. who knows maybe nothing was shot and he is just bullshitting me but not really a funny thing to bullshit about if you ask me.

knockturnal
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
i have one tied to a tree for tomorrow.

Jelvis
10-14-2010, 03:16 PM
Believe (nothing of what you hear) and only (half of what you think you saw.)
Jel ( Johnny One Eye )

Everett
10-14-2010, 03:52 PM
Had to exsplain how the 1100m cow hunt worked to a CO this year he had no idea and honestly told me he had been to busy killing problem bears to look it up.
Had to exsplain how the immie season worked to a park ranger who had just come of a hunting enforcement patrol he had no idea.
These are the people enforceing the law and they dont have a clue so I now have very little faith that Joe six pack knows the regs either.

shantz
10-14-2010, 03:58 PM
When is was hunting this weekend for our leh, i ran into a guy that was deer/moose hunting with no leh until I informed him that immatures were not open until 15th.

dana
10-14-2010, 06:43 PM
Could the immys have been shot in 3-34, 3-35, 3-36, or 3-37? I'm assuming the town you are talking about is Salmon Arm. These units are easily accessed from Salmon Arm and guess what, they opened Sept 20th for spike/fork moose.

LeverActionJunkie
10-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I live in 3-18, 3-19 and saw a moose kill two weeks ago, and saw another the week before that (i believe) up in clinton in 3-31. Either Indians, LEH, or Poached but dead just the same. The Clinton bull I am almost positive wasn't LEH as it was too early.

bridger
10-14-2010, 08:21 PM
imo one of the shortcomings of the moe is that regulation changes are not adequately advertised on a local basis. relying on the synopsis to annouce changes in bag limits, season dates, etc is inadequate in my view.

MRoy10
10-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Good point Bridger I agree that it is not advertised as well as it should be. But still no excuse for shooting something out of season... 3 accounts now have I told people I know that moose is not open until the 15th. I personally check the Regs online every year before I go out and try to keep posted to my best ability on what is legal in my region.

MRoy10
10-15-2010, 03:15 PM
Could the immys have been shot in 3-34, 3-35, 3-36, or 3-37? I'm assuming the town you are talking about is Salmon Arm. These units are easily accessed from Salmon Arm and guess what, they opened Sept 20th for spike/fork moose.

Yes I am talking about Salmon Arm and Yes I do know that the surrounding areas are easily accessed. But as far as I was told it was in the surrounding hills (Larch Hills and Ida). As I said before I am just posting my concern on this subject, it just comes down to the fact that it is very unfortunate that there are not enough hunters out there that fully know the regs. Sorry if my rant is going on for so long its just a hot subject for me.

bighornbob
10-15-2010, 03:46 PM
As I said before I am just posting my concern on this subject, it just comes down to the fact that it is very unfortunate that there are not enough hunters out there that fully know the regs.

Same thing happened in Spence Bridge with the Bighorn Sheep season changing from Full curl to Mature Full Curl. I believe it was changed 5+ years ago and there are still guys that shoot them based on the old Full Curl season.

The Wild Sheep Society of BC had 4 foot signs made up that said "Attention Sheep Hunters" and described the new regs and placed them on the two roads that access 90% of the hunting region. Even then I know of a ram that was shot 2 years ago (after the signs) that the guy shot based on the old regs. He even drove past the sign.

Not sure what you can do with these types of guys???

BHB

Stone Sheep Steve
10-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Same thing happened in Spence Bridge with the Bighorn Sheep season changing from Full curl to Mature Full Curl. I believe it was changed 5+ years ago and there are still guys that shoot them based on the old Full Curl season.
BHB

Actually, it was 10 yrs ago. Hard to believe.

Man we're old:(.

SSS

Man Tracker
10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Well sorry to drag this on also! I have a LEH Bull for 3-12 and I have been pounding a certain area daily. I came in this morning on opening day of Immy's here. And you wouldn't believe, I found a 4 by 2 left for dead. So from yesturday afternoon till day break this morning some idiot shot this moose the night before cause it wasnt their yesturday! It was stone cold and slightly picked from the Ravens. Bunch of F'in clowns out their. If I could figure out how to post pictures I would.