PDA

View Full Version : New Fella to Hunting BC and Hunting in BC

pinky
10-14-2010, 01:45 AM
Hi Guys,

I am new to the west coast, out here for school from Nova Scotia where i have done a little hunting for whitetail and . Since i am new to the site i will start with my joke.

A man goes hunting and gets lost in the woods.Remembering the universal distress signal of fireing 3 shots, he fires 3 shots into the air and waits.After an hour he fires 3 more shots. Another hour goes by and still no one comes to help.Preparing for the next sequence he says to himself, “I hope somebody comes this time because these are my last three arrows.”

I am living in Vancouver right now and have been scouting around Squamish FSR and the Mamquam FSR for deer without a lot of luck but sure have shined up the bottom of my subaru in some of those cut blocks. One thing i have realized is that this is big friggin country out here, i love it. A buddy and i are thinking about heading somewhere around 3-12 3-20 area to try for some whitetail. I have not been to this area yet and looking forward to exploring but could use a little help on an area to focus on. Not looking to drop a trophy yet, just want to get out to do some hiking around and maybe put some meat in the freezer. Thanks

born2hunt
10-14-2010, 06:34 AM
welcome to the site

buckguy
10-14-2010, 06:42 AM
Welcome. Nice joke.Lots of god guys on here willing to help.

knighthunter
10-14-2010, 09:28 AM
Welcome to HuntinBC, welcome to BC, welcome to deer hunting. Lots of info to be had here, and some of it's even true.

Bow Walker
10-14-2010, 06:26 PM
From a bowhunter's point of view that joke sucks. But I still get a chuckle out of it anyway whenever I see it.

Welcome, come on in, sit down and do some researching...

swampthing
10-15-2010, 06:00 PM
I have met a few hilarious "newfies" in the woods over my years. Look forward to another one.

sparkes3
10-15-2010, 06:41 PM
nova scotia is not newfie

hayeslogtruck
10-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Welcome to the best place on earth!!!

BCBear
10-06-2011, 05:19 PM
did you buy your chainsaw yet?
:)