PDA

View Full Version : Dinsdale farm 13 oct 2010

Marc
10-13-2010, 08:10 AM
Well so far this morning two geese on the ground! Sitting In my layout blind on my iPhone.

I'll keep you posted.

Marc
10-13-2010, 08:18 AM
Make that 3 geese!

Stone Sheep Steve
10-13-2010, 08:24 AM
You need to get a live video feed, Marc!!:cool:

Now that would be cool!

SSS

Marc
10-13-2010, 08:48 AM
Well crap had a floock come right into me and I never touched a feather. First time using my layout

I had thought of taking my video camera in with me but I'm bt myself this morning and have to much stuff for one guy to carry.

Marc
10-13-2010, 08:53 AM
Well I just redeemed myself. Two geese with one shot! That's it I'm done one limit of geese before 9:00am. Now I go home, grab the duck boat and head to the bay for some ducks !!

trigger
10-13-2010, 09:02 AM
hahaha way to funny. if you had the iphone 4 you could film while talking to your sweetie at home

Duck Buster
10-13-2010, 09:11 AM
Good job Marc, it's about time that you got out for the season and you have started it off well. Hope the ducks work for you this afternoon.

Marc
10-13-2010, 12:04 PM
OK had enough time to scarfle back a couple turkey sandwiches and load up a picture from this morning.

Had to say the dog was quite well behaved today and only once did I have to yell at him for creeping out of his blind but to his defence the birds were landing to the left of me and he couldn't see them over my blind :mrgreen: I had his e-collar on him but never had to used it once this morning.

It was the first time I've used the layout blind and the flag for that matter. Really worked well, had birds in my face the whole time max shot might have been 25 yards, some birds I let get out a bit so I wouldn't blow them up. :mrgreen:

I made some bad shots early in the morning and thought I'd be going home with only 3 birds, then I got a lucky break and another flock of geese circle and passed over my decoys not 20 feet off the ground I up and fired and hit the bird I was aiming for and the guy behind him was just over taking him and I nailed both of them in the head with the same shot. Both geese tumbled to the ground stone dead not two feet from each other. It was kind of funny watching the dog trying to decide which bird he should take first.

Some decent hunting in Dinsdale for geese guys, time to take advantage of it before we lose it. The whole reason it's open for geese is help control the resident population, I did my part.:mrgreen:

Now time to pack up the MOmarsh FatboyDP and head to the bay for some ducks!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/Marshall_in_dog_blind_with_geese.jpg

The Hermit
10-13-2010, 12:11 PM
Are you on the dyke there Marc? Maybe I'll get out there on Friday! Cheers

luckofthedraw
10-13-2010, 12:16 PM
great job...sure beats the morning I'm having at work. Nice Iphone updates.

Marc
10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Are you on the dyke there Marc? Maybe I'll get out there on Friday! Cheers

No this is not on the dyke, it's about the middle of the property.

tomahawk
10-13-2010, 12:34 PM
Technology at its best when it comes to hunting, play by play goose hunting!! Nice birds and better blinds!

Crazy_Farmer
10-13-2010, 04:29 PM
Nothing better then laydowns for getting geese in real close.....well maybe a pit is better haha. Looks like you had alot of cover to blend into, sometimes it pays to not hunt the X with little to no cover instead hunting the edges like you with better cover can fool the geese easier. Way to go.

lorneparker1
10-13-2010, 07:32 PM
nice hunt marc! Layouts are the ONLY way!

field marshal
10-13-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah you're welcome!!!!
Now clean them up!!!
Cheers, Field Marshal.

Marc
10-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Yeah you're welcome!!!!
Now clean them up!!!
Cheers, Field Marshal.

I wasn't sure if I should mention I had the silhouettes as I wasn't sure if Duck Buster new I had his with me as well. :mrgreen:

It definitely helped fill in the hole. I placed a half dozen Dakota's on each side and made a pocket in the middle making like a bowl with the silhouettes with the Dakotas out front. I also put a few around the layout blind and the dog blind to try and hide Marshall a bit but it didn't seem like the dog bothered the geese but he does blend in well with the surroundings.