PDA

View Full Version : my first 4 point buck

buckmark306
10-12-2010, 10:13 PM
so here's my story so after a long day of hiking and scouting had a nap woke up and realized i had about and hour and a half to get to my spot and hunker down until last light so i rode the 15 kms on my quad fast as i could got there hiked in and was disappointed with the wind conditions they were swirling but i thought what the hell and sat down. About half an hour had gone by and i heard a grunt. I"m thinking in my mind what the hell its oct 8 why a grunt but i grunted back twice with my call and heard nothing nor did i see anything. so i stood up and grunted on my own no call. all of a sudden i heard crashing coming from the far end of the slash he ran out full tilt and stopped on a knoll silhouetting him self at about 250 yards. i could tell he was a good buck so i shot and he just stood there remaining still so i fired another waited still standing i thought its gonna get dark fast gotta drop him so one more in the shoulder with the other 2 bam he goes down finally i thought. once i got up to him i happy as hell to see how big he actually was knowing now i had a long night ahead of me anyways this is what i got in the end i hope the pic works thanks for reading

doubled
10-12-2010, 10:17 PM
Looks like a good buck. Congrats.

johnk
10-13-2010, 06:57 AM
so here's my story so after a long day of hiking and scouting had a nap woke up and realized i had about and hour and a half to get to my spot and hunker down until last light so i rode the 15 kms on my quad fast as i could got there hiked in and was disappointed with the wind conditions they were swirling but i thought what the hell and sat down. About half an hour had gone by and i heard a grunt. I"m thinking in my mind what the hell its oct 8 why a grunt but i grunted back twice with my call and heard nothing nor did i see anything. so i stood up and grunted on my own no call. all of a sudden i heard crashing coming from the far end of the slash he ran out full tilt and stopped on a knoll silhouetting him self at about 250 yards. i could tell he was a good buck so i shot and he just stood there remaining still so i fired another waited still standing i thought its gonna get dark fast gotta drop him so one more in the shoulder with the other 2 bam he goes down finally i thought. once i got up to him i happy as hell to see how big he actually was knowing now i had a long night ahead of me anyways this is what i got in the end i hope the pic works thanks for reading

Good job, Joel. Got the pictures in my e-mail just fine. Too bad you got your buck so early! J/K
Seriously though, if you were on that slash in November, you'd be drooling uncontrollably! :wink:

tomahawk
10-13-2010, 07:04 AM
Awesome buck and good on you for using the call. The deer in BC are not call savy and its one of the best ways to bring em in!!

pnbrock
10-13-2010, 07:29 AM
nice buck geuss there is no going back to spikers for you.

ydouask
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
Well done Buckmark.... you've just learned a bunch.

buckmark306
10-14-2010, 05:12 PM
thanks everyone and john maybe next year i will see u there i want to try the rut there forsure cant wait for next year if i don't shoot a nice one there in oct again lol

KB90
10-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Congrats on an awesome buck!

BimmerBob
10-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Way to go. Congratulations on a fine buck!

Jelvis
10-14-2010, 05:50 PM
That's a good write up and the grunting was a good idea, so many young hunters getting nice bucks this season, what's with that?
Jel ( Grunting ) that's a good Buck Mark

Venginator
10-14-2010, 06:47 PM
nice deer man

bridger
10-14-2010, 08:27 PM
nice buck and nice story. It is encouraging to see so much happiness in a post. thanks bridger