PDA

View Full Version : Ignorant people.....

akforsyth
10-12-2010, 04:17 PM
Hi everyone. I have lurked the board here for some time now and today I just gotta let a little frustration out. Pretty much only had the weekend that I am going to be able to hunt moose calf around PG here and went out as much as I could. Now I usually run into a lot of hunters on opening day and the subsequent days, but this year not only did I run into lots of hunter, but some of the most ignorant that I have ever met!

The first was a guy who, shortly after daybreak, decided that as I was walking the road into a cut block (which I had walked in the dark to get to for about 40 minutes) he was going into the block whether I was there or not. So he pulled his company vehicle (I wont mention the name of the company out of Abbottsford) and drove right up behind me till I finally stepped aside and he then proceeded about 50 yards up the road and turned around making a great bunch of noise in doing so. Needless to say my nice long slow walk into the area was all for not.

The second one happened yesterday. I was done for the day after seeing a cow and a cow calf about 1000 yards off on a hillside and I decide to poke into a small cut block. As I turned in there was a cow and a calf inside the alder so I bailed from the truck and they just stood nice and still. As I moved up to the front of the truck to try to get a shot through the bush, another guy pulls up and rolls down his window so he can yell to his buddy, "hey that guy's gonna shoot that calf" "yeah what an easy shot" etc. Unfortunately I did not have a shot yet because of a tree in my way and I was moving to get it. Well needless to say, when he revved the engine on his truck while yelling to his buddy in the passenger seat, the moose darted for the timber and made it before I could get a clear shot.

Now I know if I did any of this shit, my father would have smacked me in the back of the head. I try to have a bit of courtesy out in the bush, but it seams that lately guys just don't give a f**k. Well that's my rant. Thanks for reading how crappy my moose season is going. Might squeeze one more day in her before the end of season.

Cheers

bigneily
10-12-2010, 04:22 PM
Ignorant sob's, some people have no respect for other's...

lightmag
10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
i had not 1 but 2 trucks follow us down a road for 15 minutes only 20 yards off my bumper???

but i had another pull up when i was getting dressed to hike and he said he would leave the area to us, nice guy.

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 04:59 PM
Needless to say my nice long slow walk into the area was all for not.

Cheers

Never know what you'll see once everybody leaves! :wink: Even moose can appear out of thin air.

BCrams
10-12-2010, 05:16 PM
What GG said. I would have stayed put for an hour or two after he left!!

Next time pick a road into a block that is deactivated to walk into. Lots of them out there and guys normally can't drive in until they can with their quads after the morning closure is finished. Lots of great moose hunting to be had around PG and not run into a single hunter in the process.

I'll agree the guy in the truck yelling was an idiot.

moosinaround
10-12-2010, 05:32 PM
I was hunting down the Gregg Crk FSR all week end. It was grand central station for sure! It is like that every year at this time! My Dad son and I bagged my dads LEH bull on the evening of the 9, after getting passed by numerous vehicles!! Was out last night same area, and seen tons of grouse, and several moose even with all that traffic. As a matter of fact some hunters spooked up a cow moose for us, but she never had a calf with her. My son and I were coming up the road and there was this jeep stopped in the middle of the road so I said to my son we will stop, just in case they were aiming at a moose or deer. I looked through my binos and it was a family stopped and the kids were piling out of the jeep. Here they stopped to get a chicken, so we watched till they shot it, then proceeded on to BS with them. Almost all nice polite folks this year so far!! Talked to folks from Vanderhoof, Comox, Port Hardy, Surrey, And PG. Hope all I experience is the nice folks, I hate A$$holes too!! Moosin

curt
10-12-2010, 06:08 PM
the unfortunate reality of our world and we are our own worst enemies, we are suppose to be the ones that respect the land, animals and eachother as we are the type that use the resources, yet many have little or no respect. FYI in case some didnt realize this hunting isnt suppose to be in the same category as sockeye fishing the fraser!!!! Some of the comments and attitudes that show on this site just show how we dont work together it's sad but true.

akforsyth
10-12-2010, 06:19 PM
If you were down the Gregg Cr FSR last night we probably crossed paths at some point in time. Spent since opening day down there for morning and evening hunts. Yesterday morning was by far the best with four moose seen, but not a calf to shoot. I too stopped and chatted with many nice people. The guys that were camped at 26Km were great to talk to and really polite. I was glad to see that they had some meat in their camp. Hoping to get another day or so down there before the season is over. Need to fill the freezer!

BCrams
10-12-2010, 06:57 PM
Gregg Cr FSR is among the busiest roads in the PG area but also has been one of my favorites to shoot moose down. A lot of moose have fallen at the report of our rifles down there. One block and adjacent small wetland produced many!!

Jelvis
10-12-2010, 07:39 PM
The person interfered with a legal hunt, by hollering to make the lil moose calf run with mommy into the bush, you could have made a citizens arrest.
Jel ( Might have bin an anti ) crying Uncle

dana
10-12-2010, 07:52 PM
The first guy you described could have had no idea you were walking the road. He might have seen your vehicle and assumed you were in the bush walking. As for turning around once he passed you, he probably felt he was leaving you the area since you were there first. I wouldn't expect a vehicle that comes around the corner and sees a guy walking to suddenly go in reverse and back up until he found a turn around spot, especially if there is one right in front of you. Sometimes we can jump to conclusions and think people are asses without thinking everything through.

Squirrelnuts
10-12-2010, 08:05 PM
i had not 1 but 2 trucks follow us down a road for 15 minutes only 20 yards off my bumper???

Not to be a dick but maybe they were trying to get to work. I got jammed up behind a pickup for the better part of 40 kms on Monday 'cuz the ***hole in the truck in front of me wouldn't get off the middle of the road to let me pass (and I didn't feel like forcing my way past). It happens all the time during hunting season; some people don't seem to realize that there are people working out there, even on weekends.

frenchbar
10-12-2010, 08:15 PM
Not to be a dick but maybe they were trying to get to work. I got jammed up behind a pickup for the better part of 40 kms on Monday 'cuz the ***hole in the truck in front of me wouldn't get off the middle of the road to let me pass (and I didn't feel like forcing my way past). It happens all the time during hunting season; some people don't seem to realize that there are people working out there, even on weekends.
get right up on his bumper next time..lay on the horn...put a little pressure on them ..it works:wink: ive done it more than a few times ...one guy did it on a road one time wouldnt let me pass made me eat his dust for 10 miles ..he knew dam well i wanted buy ..but was being a dick . he let me buy finaly ..so when i got by ..i blocked off the rd with my pickup when he stopped i got out and went and told him what i thought of his ignorance...he kept his door locked and only rolled his window down a couple inches.lol Frick was i ever pissed off !

Jelvis
10-12-2010, 08:24 PM
Lotta old tuff geezers on these threads eh? lol .. Man you fellas are wound up tighter than a G string on a long necked guitar .. Try the no-cafeen cafe boyz you can't all be in the WWE or the MMA.
Jel ( Up-Tight & Personal ) lol ............. Anger Management Course lol ........
............. Stay Off My FSR or else .................................................. ....................................

dana
10-12-2010, 08:26 PM

I don't know how many times I've had hunters do that to me. Geeze guys, some of us make our money out in the bush and some ass thinkin' he owns the road and won't let us buy is costing us money. Laying on the horn normally gets their attention. Throw in the middle finger of everyone in the crew cab and they finally sheepishly let ya by.
You want to see a real gong show, throw these same hunters on a icy road with over 20 loaded trucks coming down the road at them. Or, better yet, same icy road but the hunters are road hunting the active haul road on quads. Great fun.

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 08:27 PM
get right up on his bumper next time..lay on the horn...put a little pressure on them ..it works:wink: ive done it more than a few times ...one guy did it on a road one time wouldnt let me pass made me eat his dust for 10 miles ..he knew dam well i wanted buy ..but was being a dick . he let me buy finaly ..so when i got by ..i blocked off the rd with my pickup when he stopped i got out and went and told him what i thought of his ignorance...he kept his door locked and only rolled his window down a couple inches.lol Frick was i ever pissed off !

ahahahaha, you're the real deal, neck is red and dirty type. That would be hilarious to watch.

frenchbar
10-12-2010, 08:31 PM
ahahahaha, you're the real deal, neck is red and dirty type. That would be hilarious to watch.

i remember my buddy who was with me ..saying your not realy going to block him off...i replied you fing right i am .:mrgreen: Dont F ---with the hillbillys:wink:

Jeremiah Johnson
10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
That sucks
But if u want to here something bad i was hiking a trail with my brother and about 40 min into the hike to only 1 spot. 2 fools decided to catch us on horses and pass us on the game trail with the horses just steaming they said hi and kept going and shot r bull about 30 min later. Common sense is not so common any more.:(

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 08:44 PM
i remember my buddy who was with me ..saying your not realy going to block him off...i replied you fing right i am .:mrgreen: Dont F ---with the hillbillys:wink:

Hahaha, that's something my old man would do.

Remember some kid passed us on a double solid blind corner in a mustang coming back from hunting when I was really young and promptly piled his car up on a switchback right into the barricade. When the old man stopped I figured he was going to help the kid, and he did, but none of the suggestions he had for the kid was going to get his car operational, out of the ditch or help the kid call a tow truck. Poor kid probably never wanted to drive again knowing what kind of lunatic hillbillies were out on the road just ready to hand a tune up out.

kgs
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
that sucks with any luck you will find another good luck ... :)

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 08:48 PM
That sucks
But if u want to here something bad i was hiking a trail with my brother and about 40 min into the hike to only 1 spot. 2 fools decided to catch us on horses and pass us on the game trail with the horses just steaming they said hi and kept going and shot r bull about 30 min later. Common sense is not so common any more.:(

Hopefully someday another bull will grow with your initials on it. :wink:

frenchbar
10-12-2010, 08:53 PM
Hahaha, that's something my old man would do.

Remember some kid passed us on a double solid blind corner in a mustang coming back from hunting when I was really young and promptly piled his car up on a switchback right into the barricade. When the old man stopped I figured he was going to help the kid, and he did, but none of the suggestions he had for the kid was going to get his car operational, out of the ditch or help the kid call a tow truck. Poor kid probably never wanted to drive again knowing what kind of lunatic hillbillies were out on the road just ready to hand a tune up out.

your old man must be a cool guy..good on him ..no fing around..i like it :-D

frenchbar
10-12-2010, 08:54 PM
That sucks

sorry bout that....:wink:

Jeremiah Johnson
10-12-2010, 08:56 PM
Dont think any thing is going to change any time soon name is Bad Luck for a reason

dana
10-12-2010, 09:01 PM
No Luck,
There were 2 big bulls in there. Frenchbar and I thought we were being nice and left the larger bull for you. We even were going to pack it out for ya, but you never showed up. ;)

frenchbar
10-12-2010, 09:04 PM
[quote=dana;762786]No Luck,
There were 2 big bulls in there. Frenchbar and I thought we were being nice and left the larger bull for you. We even were going to pack it out for ya, but you never showed up. ;)[/quote

we even put a B/L brand on him for ya :wink:..man horses are the best:-D

Fisher-Dude
10-12-2010, 09:15 PM
The second one happened yesterday. I was done for the day after seeing a cow and a cow calf about 1000 yards off on a hillside and I decide to poke into a small cut block. As I turned in there was a cow and a calf inside the alder so I bailed from the truck and they just stood nice and still. As I moved up to the front of the truck to try to get a shot through the bush, another guy pulls up and rolls down his window so he can yell to his buddy, "hey that guy's gonna shoot that calf" "yeah what an easy shot" etc. Unfortunately I did not have a shot yet because of a tree in my way and I was moving to get it. Well needless to say, when he revved the engine on his truck while yelling to his buddy in the passenger seat, the moose darted for the timber and made it before I could get a clear shot.

Had a very similar thing happen several years ago as I was waiting for a nice bull to offer a shot (something besides his ass), and a couple of dorks pulled up behind me. One walks to the back of my truck and yells a "play by play" of what I was doing, as well as describing the 3 moose (the bull had a cow and calf with him) to his buddy back in their truck. All the moose start to trot away, and my opportunity was dashed. Big piss off for me. :(

akforsyth
10-12-2010, 09:16 PM
The first guy you described could have had no idea you were walking the road. He might have seen your vehicle and assumed you were in the bush walking. As for turning around once he passed you, he probably felt he was leaving you the area since you were there first. I wouldn't expect a vehicle that comes around the corner and sees a guy walking to suddenly go in reverse and back up until he found a turn around spot, especially if there is one right in front of you. Sometimes we can jump to conclusions and think people are asses without thinking everything through.

I would have liked that Dana, but he was already at a turn around when he could not have not seen me and my florescent orange back pack standing in the middle of the road. I had to move to keep from getting run over as he kept pushing up on me at the entrance to the cut block. Where I first stopped and turned to look at him, he stopped, but decided not to use the turn around and pushed up on me anyway, then did one hell of a spinning tires three point turn.

Jeremiah Johnson
10-12-2010, 09:18 PM
oh i showed up and saw the bull and kept quiet but inside i was swearing horses r good for packing in and packing out but not for passing people on a trail. i have about 30 Bad Luck stories that all end the same.

Jelvis
10-12-2010, 09:23 PM
That person was a real beak and should have had a good talkin too. You must be a little small for stature and he wasn't intimidated. I stand at five foot ten in a fit 196 pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal I don't get problems like that. ..... It's hard .. 2 B humble when your cookie don't crumble and perfect in every way.
Jel ( I'm da Hammer ) Your da nail You see me you see a night mare your scared and just want to leave quietly
..Quiet Riot ..