PDA

View Full Version : Best in Northern BC

lightmag
10-12-2010, 03:47 PM
What "general" area in northern BC would be voted the best for a moose and elk hunt? A spot where there are good numbers and chance to call in elk one day and moose the next?

A spot where you DON'T need a boat and remote or big enough that your not bumping into hunters all thetime, but could set up a camp and hunt for 2 weeks.

Just curious, my wife says i should just go somewhere for 2 weeks and get it over with:evil: rather than a small trip here and there and day and evening hunts.

where would you go?

lynx
10-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Fort St john area is very good. Had some friends up earlier seen 32 moose and 15 elk 6 were bulls and 6x6 elk dropped

shawnwells
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
i think the answer is heaven ha ha teasing....what about redfern big D ?

lightmag
10-12-2010, 04:48 PM
actually thought about red fern lk, is it still good? we almost went this year!! thinking Trutch and halfway river too.

shawnwells
10-12-2010, 04:54 PM
Brother was up there last year...saw caribou bison elk and moose...you can hike off the main trail and get valleys to yourself...we were mabey going to go there next year but we're thinking we're going to fly in somewhere instead...for caribou elk sheep moose...

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 05:15 PM
You said no boat so I'd take a canoe, raft, whatever and drift one of the rivers. It's a cheap trip and lots of fun.

moosinaround
10-12-2010, 05:41 PM
North of Williston Lake Akie River valley. Old horse trails, mining roads, and trader trails. Elk, Moose, Caribou, GRIZZLY's!!! Moosin

curt
10-12-2010, 06:00 PM
try atlin not sure about elk but i would assume there are some moose are plentiful and huge according to CO

BCrams
10-12-2010, 06:42 PM
You're a big quad fan.

I'd give Tumbler Ridge area a thumbs up for moose / elk combo for base camping and hunting with ATV's / foot.

I believe we had that discussion about how much easier it is to make one or two big trips a year when you have kids vs lots of little get aways.

shawnwells
10-12-2010, 06:50 PM
i think its a good idea because you can go to a good productive area and get it over ith and feel satisfied and usually less frustrated and it works out cheaper in the long run a lot of times because you are not going through tank after tank of fuel and burning up all your time...

moosinaround
10-12-2010, 08:21 PM
i think its a good idea because you can go to a good productive area and get it over ith and feel satisfied and usually less frustrated and it works out cheaper in the long run a lot of times because you are not going through tank after tank of fuel and burning up all your time...
What else is there to do with a fellows time, Hunting season, fishing season, scouting season, and if Mama is frisky a little ruttin season!!?? Moosin

curt
10-12-2010, 09:42 PM
rodger that moosin i like the way you think!!!

killman
10-12-2010, 10:01 PM
Vanderhoof. The place is crawling with game. No one goes there because of the Banjo music they hear a night.

bighorn
10-14-2010, 08:58 PM
North of Williston Lake Akie River valley. Old horse trails, mining roads, and trader trails. Elk, Moose, Caribou, GRIZZLY's!!! Moosin
sheep up at the mine,saw them with my own eyes.ewes and lambs

moosinaround
10-14-2010, 09:07 PM
sheep up at the mine,saw them with my own eyes.ewes and lambs
Ummmmm...........................SHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! !! Lord only knows there were 25 people who instantly went to google earth 3 seconds after you posted that!!!! Everyone is scared of the locals up there anyways!! It is Dodge City for outsiders!! You take your life into your own hands going up north of Williston!!:wink: