PDA

View Full Version : Fort saint John Mu 's 734,735,744

ewiebehunter
10-11-2010, 11:04 PM
Hello there I'm up in Fort Saint John Peace 7b . Working on the new hospital and should be here for the next couple years. Been out scouting areas for white tail and elk. Saw lots of nice bucks but the problem is there all on private land. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get permission to hunt or knows of good crown areas that aren't just thick forest and oil patch roads all the good stuff seems private. I asked a couple farmers today and got the No! Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction thanks.

moose2
10-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Land owner maps are avaliable at McElhanney on the by-pass they will show you where the crown land is as well names of the land owners. I think there are 3 in the set that covers the peace. Or you can purchase the one for the area you need.

bear buster
10-12-2010, 12:11 AM
try 733 or 732, sweetwater road to rolla, and farminton area.

bridger
10-12-2010, 06:18 AM
a lot of the easy hunting is on private land in the immediate area around town, but there is lots of crown land a little further from town. get a map as suggested and look around. won't be hard to find a spot or two with whitetails and elk

luckynuts
10-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Still lots of crown land in those MU's get yourself a map. I've had good success in all those areas without permission. Pretty tough to get permission in there as well. Try the Inga lk road come in off the hiway at mile 91. Just don't be prepared to road hunt lots of bush with lots of critters

W.