PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving weekend 2 point :)

matt420
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
hey huntingBC,

well was a fun and long thanksgiving weekend, to start my brother flew out from sask to come hunting out here with me for my birthday weekend which is also the thanksgiving long weekend, he landed on sat moring so we went to the range after he got into town and then went for a night hunt and seen a cow and calf moose and that was it, (also we gave a guy a ride back to his truck cuz he was with a bunch of friends in a car that had broken down). On sunday we got up nice and early and headed for a new area that neither of us have hunted before but have hunted the mountian you could see from across the valley where we were on sunday,, but anyways back to the story, we got up there with about 15 20 min before shooting light and were the first and only people up the road we went up.. we started driving as soon as we could see outta the truck a good distance.. drove down the road hopeing there would be some clear cuts because it looks like nice nice area. we ended up on to top of a mountian in the rain.. we drove through a few clearings with out seeing a living soul.. and about 30 min after sunrise we came to a Y in the road with clearing up either road... my brother said he didnt care what road we went up, my hunting buddy travis wanted to go to the right and i wanted to go the the left... soo me being the driver we went left :twisted:.. about 3-5min up the road my brother spots a mule doe.. but she did not leave or flinch at all.. so out of the truck we all get still dont move... so we decide to walk up the road a bit and scope it out... NOTHING,, so my buddy trav stayed on the road watchin the doe that was standing on the knoll (and never even moved even after i shot only about 60 yards away from her), and my brother and i went up the road around the doe and up the bank into the clearing.. we got the the top of the knoll only about 65 - 80 years off the road and i seen a deer jump when we got to the top.. i says "the she goes". my brother said no its a different one... so i but the Leupold Canadian 4x12x50 on its head as it was pouncing away and seen it had bone.. i says "its a buck".... when i said that he slowed down to a walk the doe was not following him as he wanted to leave, so i made a grunt with my voice got him to stop broadside at 93 yards i let him have it with my TIKKA T3 lite 300 Win mag. shooting 180 grain federal fusion bullets,,, free hand shot through a lung and destroyed his spine, he crippled like a ton of bricks on the spot one shot :) he was a 2X2 but he has a broken off tine on one side ... he is my first sent of bone since i was 18.. and i was not getting picky with an empty freezer thats not empty anymore :)

SORRY IF THE PIC IS TOO SMALL TO SEE CLEARLY.. THATS AS BIG AS THE SITE WOULD LET ME GET IT WITH NO OTHER ATTACHMENTS

rollingrock
10-11-2010, 09:53 PM
Nice! I've found the mulies start dating pretty early this year.

Steeleco
10-12-2010, 12:32 AM
It will taste pretty good I'll bet. Still time for #2!!!

moose2
10-12-2010, 03:28 AM
There is some good eating there. Good job.
Mike

300H&H
10-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Has anyone ever told you that you look like "Dana".
FYI hes a member on HBC.

matt420
10-12-2010, 05:21 PM
Has anyone ever told you that you look like "Dana".
FYI hes a member on HBC.

no haha i have never been told that before... i might have a long lost twin on HBC too haha :P

matt420
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
It will taste pretty good I'll bet. Still time for #2!!!

still time for # 2 indeed :)

pg83
10-12-2010, 05:22 PM
grats on the tastey deer.

GoatGuy
10-12-2010, 05:23 PM
Way to go man, congrats!

sawmill
10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Congrats!Nice eating for you this winter.