PDA

View Full Version : Camp garbage...

BCHunterFSJ
10-11-2010, 08:19 PM
Who was up at Townsend Rd. off the Mile 132 Rd. in the last 2 weeks?
A gang of moose hunters (perhaps from the Island...) who were camped at the major pipeline left a complete , disgusting mess at their campsite. Moose hides, elk hides, mulie hides, feet and skulls were scattered over this nice camping spot. There were empty wine bottles, beer cans and an entire blue tarp. What an eyesore... My son and I spent over half an hour cleaning up some of the mess. I hope that whoever did this is not a member of this forum. I believe that one of the "hunters" involved may be named "Ming". Adjacent to the pipeline is an old road that they completely blocked access to with their vehicles, campers, etc. Totally unacceptable behaviour.. If the people responsible are reading this, shame on you! Or, if you know who they are, please explain to the idiots that they are giving all hunters here a bad name and that they are not welcome here. Thanks...

shawnwells
10-11-2010, 08:22 PM
thanks for cleaning up our neck of the woods...that sucks some people have no respect...

groove
10-11-2010, 08:30 PM
thanks for cleaning up our neck of the woods...that sucks some people have no respect...

X2 Good on you for picking up, but you shouldnt have to.

BlacktailStalker
10-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Why perhaps from the Island ?

tomahawk
10-11-2010, 08:35 PM

Good on you for cleaning up there mess. However I have to ask the same question as Andy!!!

rollingrock
10-11-2010, 08:37 PM
Any more descriptions? Vehicles (color, make or even licence plate), number of people, ethnic background...etc

ravensfoot
10-11-2010, 08:51 PM
Good for you for cleaning up someone else's mess. Too bad there are still those out there that leave a black eye on those of us that work so hard to keep our recreational places enjoyable. I think that we all should be vigilant in watching out for signs of people that exhibit this kind of act (blocking roads etc) and record their plate numbers so that if you do return and find a mess you/we can report them.

born2hunt
10-11-2010, 08:54 PM
X2 Good on you for picking up, but you shouldnt have to.
x3 kudo's for cleaning it up .

quadrakid
10-11-2010, 09:17 PM
Thats just terrible,i was out driving outside campbell river and saw a burnt couch in the woods,perhaps fort st john guys.

shawnwells
10-11-2010, 09:19 PM
nice ha ha...wasnt me...i never been there...that was pretty funny tho....and lord knows i do love a good couch burnin...just ...not in hunting country..

GoatGuy
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
thx for cleaning it up, next time if you can get a plate number and send it to the co.

lunatic
10-11-2010, 10:03 PM
Slobs live everywhere. Had a group camped up the road from us this year that left a real mess. The wife and I spent the better part of an hour cleaning up what these pigs left thrown around. Driving around T.R. the other day, I spotted their truck and camper so I know they are local. I plan on leaving a nice note in their mail box. Wish I had taken pic's when their vehicles were still there.

happyhunter
10-11-2010, 10:05 PM
There is this sweet little spot not 10 minutes from my house that is a maze of trails and stacked with game... and people dump their shit there all the time. This stuff you can take to the transfer station for free. And the transfer station is closer then this bush spot is! Theres the odd washing machine, hotwater tank up there that would cost you $10 bucks at the transfer station... $10 bucks which is slightly more then a big mac meal but not even enough for a pack of smokes. Wtf? What is wrong with people??

moose2
10-12-2010, 04:40 AM

Maybe the beer cans were LUCKY that would be a dead give away LOL just messin with you Andy
MIKE

BCBRAD
10-12-2010, 05:58 AM
Cleaned up after pigs on many occasion's over the years. the CO's won't do anything about it as it falls under the forestry act, plus they are gone anyway. Lucky cans and soiled / crusty Stanfields are a dead give away on the origion of who ever.

Stone Sheep Steve
10-12-2010, 06:07 AM
Daughter and I found anothe big pile of trash on Sunday. Lots' of old auto repair manuals, grow-op dirt...but there was a couple of binders with an "old" (1999) email address with questions on repairs. Took some pics but I would imagine it would be lots of work for the "cold-case" investigators.

Was coming back down with a load of firewood a couple of weeks ago and noticed a truck with a couch in the back driving up the hill. I remembered that it was odd as there was not many houses above where I saw them...but I was not paying enough att'n to remember what the vehicle looked like. Sure enough next trip up there was a couch tossed out right on the side of the main paved road:evil:. Still sitting there last time I was out.

Hate this crap!!

SSS

BCHunterFSJ
10-12-2010, 11:16 AM
I really did not mean to offend any of my friends from the Island. I met another group of hunters who were from Duncan and they seemed to know (or know of) this bunch I am talking about. The Duncan boys left a spotless camp!

Barracuda
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
how do you know where they were from? could be folks saying they were from somewhere else? they could be lowermainlanders or even from one town over from you?

im waiting for jelvis to chime in

leatherlungs
10-12-2010, 11:42 AM
I know what you mean. last year My father and I cleaned up an absolutely disgusting camp on the trail into Nevis Creek. We couldnt leave them like that. Brought all the garbage out with us and threw it in the garbage at the buckinghorse. I just dont understand why these people cant take there crap with them. I cant imagine what there homes look like. They will wreck it for all of us.

Tenacious Billy
10-12-2010, 11:45 AM
Doesn't matter where they were from......there's slobs everywhere. Good on you for picking up after someone else. I used to go fishing with a guy that drank exclusively diet coke.....he was diabetic, so I'm sure that's the only reason he rocked the diet. Anyways, we were loading up our pontoon boats after a day of fishing and I noticed a empty can floating along the shore. Even though it had the label of his choice drink on it, he denied it to no end. It's not even like we were close to town and it MIGHT have been from someone else - this lake is a far drive from anywhere........fackin loser. Point is, people will usually just lie about it if you confront them because they're embarrassed and know they're turds. Unless you caught them in the act all you can do is clean it up........

lunatic
10-12-2010, 01:50 PM
I drink diet Pepsi too....it was probably mine lol. :)

Tenacious Billy
10-12-2010, 02:00 PM
I drink diet Pepsi too....it was probably mine lol. :)

You're off the hook - he was a Diet Coke guy......:wink:

Moosetang
10-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Was up hunting our usual moose huntin' area this past weekend on the west side of Stuart lake. There is a group that is usually camped in there the two weeks previous to when we usually get there. I spoke to some loggers who were talking to them and he said they were from Port Alberni. Most of the roads are deactivated so we use a quad to get to the hunting areas, whether is be heavy bush or cut blocks. Any way I have tenatively given one of the the designation " Bud Man". I have been picking up Budweiser cans off the trail for the past few years now and this past long weekend I got over 50 cans. Well, glad they went home empty handed. Did not see any evedence of any one using the meat rack we built. So if you are the ones that camp in the gravel pit at on the old "A Road" off the Cunningham FSR prior to the longweekend in October buy a quad box to throw your cans in if you can't hunt with out drinking beer. Not sure what kind of quad you have but your only getting about 3-4 klms to the can. With the amount of beer you guys are drinking you should be seeing twice as many animals.

Squamch
10-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Lucky cans and soiled / crusty Stanfields are a dead give away on the origion of who ever.

Ad some herbal cigarettes and you have the holy trinity of island life!
We'll be burning our garbage next week...
I found some junk a few weeks ago including a Lordco receipt on an account I know...culprit was tracked down and spoken to rather severly.

blackwater moose
10-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Was up hunting our usual moose huntin' area this past weekend on the west side of Stuart lake. There is a group that is usually camped in there the two weeks previous to when we usually get there. I spoke to some loggers who were talking to them and he said they were from Port Alberni. Most of the roads are deactivated so we use a quad to get to the hunting areas, whether is be heavy bush or cut blocks. Any way I have tenatively given one of the the designation " Bud Man". I have been picking up Budweiser cans off the trail for the past few years now and this past long weekend I got over 50 cans. Well, glad they went home empty handed. Did not see any evedence of any one using the meat rack we built. So if you are the ones that camp in the gravel pit at on the old "A Road" off the Cunningham FSR prior to the longweekend in October buy a quad box to throw your cans in if you can't hunt with out drinking beer. Not sure what kind of quad you have but your only getting about 3-4 klms to the can. With the amount of beer you guys are drinking you should be seeing twice as many animals.

funny business,we hunt 7-11 ,west of prince george and about 10 years ago there were 2 guys from port that drank bud and also threw their cans out onto the road. we named them "punch and judy ". HMMMMM

Allen50
10-14-2010, 10:26 PM
well there are pigs from all over, what makes you think there from this island,, yea i have been there cleaning up after someone that leaves crap out there, we all have to keep the woods clean before they close it all,,, bring it in take it out,, is the moto,,, right,, keep BC green,,,,,

cwocarsten
10-15-2010, 01:27 AM
I have cleaned up so many camp sites that are pig sty's over the years, but it is always the few bad ones that piss us all off. Saw someone make a mess and reported it to the gamies and was told unless they personally witnessed it, they can do very little. SUCKs. Good thing is that you will never be disgusted with my camp remnants, it's the ethics and old soldier in me and we have the good HBCers that will always leave a good name for themselves.

Ferenc
10-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Those guys were lucky...last time I HEARD SOMEONE BLOCKING A ACCESS ROAD THEIR TRUCK ALMOST GOT TOTALED...they had blocked a road....not a good thing...same sh!t happens down here on the Vedder River.....ITS a total mess...and gets worse every year!!!maybe a grocery receipt was left laying around... pass that on to a CO....AND PICS ALSO!!!! GOOD FOR YOU FOR CLEANING UP!!!!!

Camp Cook
10-15-2010, 10:15 AM
Up until this year I never camp where others have a camp now that my wife joins me with our little guy she wants to be in "nice" locations but this is where others especially non hunters camp and I have to say I have never seen so much garbage around as I have this fall...

So don't only blame the hunters all camping groups are contributing...