PDA

View Full Version : Still looking for a bear....

Jimr
10-11-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey all , i know most of you have probably already got your bears ....
I went out twice since bear season opened... I went to west side of harrison and only seen deer ...
Just wondering if anyone knows of any places that you;d care to share where i could find a decent bear still..
Or anyone that would be willing to take a 'new to bc' hunter out to find one. .. if any intrest pm or email to concrete.jim@hotmail.com

mr eagle
10-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Saw a few bears one day a couple weeks back in the hills above Murray Lake a couple weeks ago, its just off the Coquihalla. One of the them appeared quite large, his ears looked very small and he was very fat.

bandit
10-11-2010, 09:24 PM
Jimr if it makes you feel any better Im in my 1st season too... all the pre season spots I found bears have run out of food and hence bears too!!

rifleman
10-11-2010, 09:28 PM
holy cramolly. we saw so many bears when we were huntin moose in 5-02c.
coulda shot half a dozen. one big bruin that would go at least 6'. one chocolate bear that we wanted to shoot but no tag. may be to far to go but lots of bears up there. good luck!

Jimr
10-11-2010, 09:40 PM
Haven't even seen a single one this year other than in residential areas stealin garbage lol .....

Steeleco
10-12-2010, 12:35 AM
I hunted near 20 days spring and fall so far, I've seen one shooter. Then on my second try for him, I MISSED. This bear hunter is starting to believe there's a shortage!!! In my freezer that is LOL

Still not too late, (I'm telling myself)

3006pg
10-12-2010, 12:41 AM
when i was working in chilliwack i saw a huge bear 9km's up the chehalis fsr he was a big bruiser but i was working and didnt have a gun :(

Moosetang
10-14-2010, 11:52 AM
You can have my bear. Have one hanging around the house. Last night around 12:30 he ate the tail lights off my 2006 Cougar trailer. Also pulled off the outside cover for the fridge and pulled out the outside electrical outlet out of the wall. The wife yelled at him as he ran into the bush or he would be an X bear. I usually don't bother shooting bears on my property cause he is only looking for a quick meal and every thing has to eat. Normally I just holler at them and they take off but he has crossed the line when he eats my campin' trailer. Now he is a vandal.

bforce750
10-14-2010, 04:17 PM
Go to Anderson Creek just outside of Hope,Or Ruby Creek .lots of blackies there.Harrison gets hit hard.