PDA

View Full Version : Campsite Help

FlyingHigh
05-14-2006, 08:58 AM
Hey guys,
My friends and I want to do a 3-4 day camping trip this summer and we can't decide where to go. Figure you guys can help me out? I've listed what we want to do (sort of). The campsite doesn't need to have all of it though.
Criteria:
- within 3-5 hours of abbotsford BC
- swimming
- cliff jumping
- walking/mtn. bike paths
- fishing
- some space so we can shoot airsoft guns
- somewhere we won't disturb others with music, talking etc. (a forest service site would be nice.)
- offroad driving
- generally a place where a bunch of teenagers can hang out and not disturb anyone.
if it makes a difference there would be absolutley no drugs, alcohol or smoking and a set of parents wil be "supervising". (we're all 16-17 years old). not all of the group fish, so that's not such a big deal. thanks guys.

mainland hunter
05-14-2006, 09:57 AM
get a BC recreational atlas you should find lots of good lakes between merritt and kamloops. the mapbook will show you roughly which lakes are 4x4 access and which arent

mtnmax
05-14-2006, 11:04 AM
resavoir lake just of sunset main on the connector between merrit and westbank.
4x4 access , fishing, not alot of people go there and if you hike to the east there is a trophy lake called walker lake. lots of space to be loud and play!
still a bit chilly though, -7c at 5:30am saturday morning, warms right up during the day, ice just left the lake and no snow.
good luck.

FlyingHigh
05-14-2006, 11:29 AM
sounds interesing. we'ed be going in summer so temp. ain't that important. how rough is the road in?

mtnmax
05-14-2006, 07:50 PM
It's like driving over a mogul course from a ski hill. A regular 4x4 truck will make it. I used to ice fish the lake all winter. It is really nice up there. Only about 20 min off the connector. mmmm that was on sleds,,,maybe a bit longer in a truck. Anyway not that far.

FlyingHigh
05-14-2006, 10:58 PM
think a stock 4 runner, and a couple suburbans could make it in?

mtnmax
05-15-2006, 10:03 PM
any 4x4 taller than a suburu can make it

BCLongshot
05-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Hydro campsite at Lilloet(spelled right??) is pretty good and it's free.